Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    This looks interesting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It is about 3am ET here.. darn this planet for being round!

quote:

Reporting.net is now being transformed into the new Be Free PartnerGateway.

Please check back at about 5:00am ET Thursday morning where you'll have a whole new experience.

Will this be a super whizzo improvement? Is Scott getting any sleep? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Let's wait a few hours and see (exciting, huh? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    I see Scott is here. I'm trying to go to bed, but i keep waiting for Google to update and now i see this. Gotta get some more Mountain Dew. It's another hour and a half away. Hope its good.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

quote:
    Is Scott getting any sleep?

Nope [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But it's to catch up on all these damn posts today!

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

quote:
    It's another hour and a half away

If things continue to go well, it'll be early. It's more like 30 minutes away.

You Europeans and google freaks get the first look.

(I used to be one too but couldn't take the stress, a google freak that is, not a European.)

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Ok, i'll stay up, read some more on this board, check some stats, delete some junk mail. Would be nice if they both happened at same time.

Well there it is.

I look forward to all feedback, first impressions, what you like, don't like, and wish was there but isn't.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Looks good, big improvement, will go thru it more when i am awake, but i like when i click my commissions how you have all the info right there. I like seeing all the minimums right there on

ABW Ambassador
    Looks good, big improvement, will go thru it more when i am awake, but i like when i click my commissions how you have all the info right there. I like seeing all the minimums right there on 1 page. I don't know if you have cookie durations somewhere, i will look more tomorrow but a definite improvement

Thanks Johnniebry for the first review.

No cookie durations yet.

Since many of our merchants do their own tracking (not using our tracking tag), we don't have that data in the database yet. We're in the process of collecting it and we'll make that and other critial data available as quickly as we can.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

[This message was edited by Scott - Be Free on September 26, 2002 at 04:58 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    quick minor note: the developers might want to take a look at the main affiliate's page in Opera. The other pages I looked at display okay, but that one's a bit hosed up.

-------
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go to bed.

Thanks Cedric, yeah, I know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]. Found out about that too late. I'll be trying to figure out why and get that resolved.

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    *sniff*

quote:
    Error Logged

The error that occurred has been recorded and will be resolved. Please click the Back button to continue.

Tick

ABW Ambassador
    Scott
    First impression was I hated it. I knew where everything was in the old system. Now it looks more cluttered. However, after playing for 10 minutes i see that more info is available and I think everything that was there before still is. It will just take me a while to find it.

I am looking for a product activity report for TD but could not find it.

Once I find things I think I will prefer this.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    OK, I can login properly now.

This is pretty funky Scott.

First impressions: I love it.
    After a quick look around: it's not bad at all.
    After quickly searching for a product & making a link: it's still pretty cool indeed.
    After studying my stats: I hate it. My balance didn't increase at all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

One Q though: we still have to contact each merchant directly to add additional sites to our account?
    [edit] Forget that Question. I found the appropriate area in my account area. It rocks. No more waiting for Andy to add sites for us. YAY! [/edit]
    Tick

Pete, sorry, I'd like to understand how you got that error. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me your username, I'll have someone look at it immediately.

Andy, thanks for the feedback. There's lots of new stuff there and all of the old. The Tiger specific reports are in their private-branded area. Use the droplist at the top to navigate there, or get there from the Accounts section.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Got it Pete, our messages crossed.

And I saw your update. You found where you can add sites to a merchant.

One thing, if a merchant is on manual approve, as I beleive Andy is, he has to approve the site. That's new and we'll be helping him through that process as well.

Thanks for all the feedback. (And sorry, I had a feature in there to drop a grand in each account, but the budget got cut.)

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

15 years and counting
    My first impression is positive. The stats are easy to read, easy to understand. The most important information is on one page. There's a lot of information available and the navigation thru the reports looks fine.
    Great job.
    I have only one negative comment, so far, I'll like to see the Total Commission (including Bonus...) instead of the Base Commissions, it can be still somewhere, but bonus are part of the commissions and I don't like to dig in the reports to see (and calculate) my total earning.
    I'm impressed. We'll be able to add more sites in our profile, too, great news.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Confused. Before when I hit the site I saw the reports and new who did what. Now I see a consolidated transaction report - why? Are my payments now consolidated? Cool and unexpected if true, if not - why?

Worse for TD I lost a sale that I know went through. Or maybe it doesn't show up yet??!? I will check with Andy, but I bought a Video card for my tech guy and it hadn't tracked it. It doesn't show up now.

Me a little Worried. I will followup with Andy.

Chet

Thanks Zeus.

The commission options for merchants are so complex that it's difficult (and sometimes misleading) to lump it all together. For example, a merchant may pay base monthy and bonus quarterly (to allow the base to reach levels and bonus tiers before getting reset).

If you look at the payment summary (under My Commissions) we show you your base and bonus commissions for all your merchants.

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

>>Confused. Before when I hit the site I saw the reports and new who did what. Now I see a consolidated transaction report - why? Are my payments now consolidated? Cool and unexpected if true, if not - why?<<

No, payments aren't consolidated. We did this in response to feedback that affiliates wanted to see in one quick spot all their consolidated month-to-date info. Just to get a pulse and make sure their site's working.

Click on the "View Full Report" link and you'll see all the details by merchant.

>>Worse for TD I lost a sale that I know went through. Or maybe it doesn't show up yet??!? I will check with Andy, but I bought a Video card for my tech guy and it hadn't tracked it. It doesn't show up now.<<

This order was placed yesterday? It's still early and not all processing has been done on orders. If it's not there in a few hours, check with Andy.

Your feedback will help us take what we've done and make it better. Thanks.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

15 years and counting
    Scott,
    I understand the pb and I've been looking at the payment summary, but is there a way to add a bonus column or a bonus commission on the site stats, the front page.
    Anyway, Congratulations

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Cool [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

First problem was I couldn't remember my password (I let IE remember it), but I could remember my username, so "ah!" I thought.. I'll enter my username and have it emailed to me.

Errm. Nope, it requires my email address. Umm I have thousands and frankly I can't remember what address I specified since I use a catch-all email account (I guess lots of people do) with different recipients for different things (e.g. Befree, Commission Junction, Amazon etc). I know what my USERNAME was though. Maybe it's just me. ANyway I eventually remembered which of my 25,000 passwords it was [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

OK, onto the main site..

• Multiple sites. Yeay! One of the biggest drawbacks with Befree was the PITA to track more than one site.
    • Reports and stats are much easier and clearer.
    • Keyword search across merchants.. about time! Now I can find merchants who sell that obscure product I want.
    • Better merchant information and the layout is much better.
    • You still have Gator [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] (c'mon you didn't think you were going to get away with me not noticing)[/list]

A great improvement [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Меня зовут Динаму

Zeus,

>>I understand the pb and I've been looking at the payment summary,...<<

Great. I wanted to make sure you saw the new page (vs. drilling down into each merchant or something painful.)

>>...but is there a way to add a bonus column or a bonus commission on the site stats, the front page.<<

We may be able to do something like that. I knew that the stats on the main page will be a big source of feedback. We'll definitely look into improving that.

thanks.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Thanks Dynamoo.

>>You still have Gator<<

Now why didn't I think of putting the developers on that?

Seriously, we're still dealing with that. Believe me. But let's not take this thread there, this one's busy enough.

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Hey! great job Scott and the team [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Really nice environment and fast loading.
    Scott, if you're taking requests [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

1.Possible to have all merchants list what they are offering, commiss/incentives?

2. Possible to have a link to merchant websites on the apply to new merchant lists.
    I know many if not most of us like/need to check out the merchant site before we join...would just make it easier and quicker to click;)

3. Possible to have list the creatives the merchant has on offer?
    Whether it's product linking, storefront or just banners.

ahhhh...the possibilities [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Well done!

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast