Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1) Does anyone here use them on your site?

2) Have you ever had any issues with payment or communication?

Thanks;
    Ed

Yes, they only pay after you earn $75 in commissions.

Basically all of you small or medium size affiliates SCREW yourself. They get the sales and you'll never get paid.
    Oh yeah maybe you'll reach the minimum treshold in 2 years from now, but by that time they'll be out of business.

Yikole;

Did you earn enough in second quarter to get a check? If so, have you received it yet?

Thx;
    Ed

I will be finally due for a check from them when the 3rd quarter ends. It took me a year to get to this point! So now I get to wait and see if they pay such fun playing the waiting game.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome to the world of quarterly -75.00 minimum merchants with ZERO cookie days. They never planed on you or the feww others to reach minimums ..so you'll have to wait an additional 90 days to see your first check. Hope they don't exit in the meantime since BeFree never even expects payment or vouchers them til 3o days fater the end of the quarter with 60 day terms.

WebMaster Mike

Mike;

quote:
    BeFree never even expects payment or vouchers them til 30 days fater the end of the quarter with 60 day terms.

So qtr end is 6/30 ... BeFree invoices them on 7/31 ...and invoice says please pay us by 9/30 ?

So if the cash management & accounts payable people at checks unlimited are "smart" I don't get paid until October ???

- Ed

there is a gap in our report from 2nd aug. to 16th aug. where we had almost zero sales, this is very rare to us. the report was back to normal after we contacted Befree but went to zero again after 23rd aug. and it seems that we never sold anything in weekends. anybody also has this problem?

Find you coupons for 536 online retailers
    http://www.dealslist.com

dealslist;

I see a similar pattern to the one you describe. The weekends don't bother me much, because they only record sales when shipped, not ordered, and they probably don't ship on weekends.

As far as the beginning of August goes, it was slower for me as well, but I did get a sale on the 9th.

Have you gotten your second quarter check from them?

- Ed

Excuse my typos on the above post. I trained my parrot to type as I just dictate these posts and I was eating a donut at the time. Darn parrot listens better than he speaks. At least he only charges peanuts for a salary. If he had editorial content priviledges trying to explain quarterly- high minimum- merchants the posts would never make it due to cuss words. My advice is wait for your first check and make sure it is your last one, since you'll have to beg for payment in October ..trust me on this. Now give the parrot a peanut.

WebMaster Mike

What's weird is this is my second check. I received my first one in a (relatively) timely manner, without having to ask for it.

So I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is starting to wear thin ... just because they won't respond to my inquiries.

- Ed

abagoo,

it has been "Awaiting Funds" for a long time now.

I represent Checks Unlimited and can speak to the late payment issue. We had a communication breakdown internally and the invoice to BeFree was submitted late. I want to assure everyone that the payments should be forthcoming within a week or two. Additionally, we will make every effort to ensure the payments are made promptly going forward.

David E. Chase
    Internet Marketing Manager

David;

Thank you for coming here and clearing things up. A little communication goes a long way.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

- Ed

Hi, David,

It has been about two weeks now, the status of our July payment is still:

07/01/2002 Awaiting Funds

David;
    If you don't drop the minimum to 25.00 paid monthly then the smart folks here should just promote Versacheck.com through TigerDirect links. They also have discounted checks -full color brochures ( I'm one of their Vars) and software packages to enhance commission earnings.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

I'm certainly open for suggestions on improving our affiliate program. However, threatening to advertise another check program is not the most constructive way to help us improve.

I will investigate the $25 minimum, but the quarterly payments will remain intact. Other than the minimum payment issue, what other items can we improve upon to make the program more attractive?

Thanks,
    David

Thank you, Mike, I will consider changing my links to the one you cited.

a non-paying affiliate program is really the least attractive one.

>However, threatening to advertise another check program is not the most constructive way to help us improve.

There are other ways. Like dumping a merchant from a great height. Specially one who forgets whose money it is, and has thinks that to pay up is to do someone a favor. You got the business didn't you? You got all the help you are entitled to, by the terms of any agreement.

It is not beyond reason to expect to be paid net 30, and certainly no sales persons duty to assist you with your contractual obligations come payday. But here is some constructive advice for you that I hope will meet with your high personal standards:-

Switch networks.

I

[This message was edited by Icicle on September 11, 2002 at 01:34 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    David,

Thanks for showing up on ABW. The fact that you are here indicates that you have some interest in making your affiliate program work. I applaud that. You should start a new thread mentioning the things ChecksUnlimited wants to do to make it a winning program for affiliates.

I admit, I often join programs just because their manager showed up on ABW and touted their program. Unfortunately, the $75.00 is too high to start a casual test. I generally run 10,000 test impressions (~200 clicks) to test a program. But I am really tired of abandonning checks to merchants I decided I didn't want to promote.

Anyway, I hope you hang around and show ABWers how to make money with your program. The majority of affiliates want to know how to make money from their web traffic. ChecksUnlimited might be the way.

I hope you consider lowering the minimum. You might also consider switching to CJ. CJ consolidates payments. That makes it easy to test new merchants without having to commit hundreds of thousands of impressions to cross some stupid minimum payment line.

Now that there are thousands of affiliate programs on the market. Affiliate managers that want to succeed are going to have to work to get the affiliates.

Missoula - Short Stories

quote:
    Originally posted by dchase:
    I will investigate the $25 minimum, but the quarterly payments will remain intact. Other than the minimum payment issue, what other items can we improve upon to make the program more attractive?

Why are you against making monthly payments? And yes the minimum should be lowered.

In regards to improving the program - new banners would be nice, allow us to link directly to your check offerings too. You really don't give us much material to work with.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

Dear David;

A couple of points ...

- The Affiliate FAQ page on your website says "Commission checks are sent within two weeks of the end of a respective calendar quarter." Using that criteria you are now almost two months delinquent.

- Over the past month, I have tried to email you directly several times. I have also attempted to contact you through Checks Unlimited Customer Service, and through the customer service channels of Be Free. Although I am a "Gold" level affiliate, I still have not received a single personal response or acknowledgement from you.

- Fourteen days ago, you came to this board and assured us that payments would be forthcoming within a week or two. As far as we can tell, you have not made good on your word.

You ask us what you can do to make the program better? The answer is simple ...

TREAT US WITH RESPECT!

Many of us are hardworking businessmen and businesswomen. We rely on our affiliate marketing efforts to feed, house and clothe ourselves and our children. It is not a game to us, and when we are not treated fairly it has an impact on our lives.

If you truly intend to run a first class program, start by doing this:
    1) Pay on time;
    2) Respond to affiliate questions in a timely manner;
    3) When you make a promise, for goodness sake, keep it.

If you're not going to do that, lowering your minimum to $25 is irrelevant.

Regards;
    Ed

All,

I just wanted to update everyone on the late payment issue. Our parent company issues the payments every quarter and the payment was inadvertently sent to the wrong account at BeFree (in addition to being late). We are currently working with BeFree to resolve the problem. To compensate for the late payments, all affiliates receiving a check for the 2nd quarter will receive an additional $25 on the 3rd quarter commission check. Again, we apologize for the delay and hope to have the payments out soon.

Also, our parent company dictates the payment schedule and that is the reason for the quarterly payments. I am still investigating the possibility of dropping the minimum below $75.

Regards,

David Chase
    Internet Marketing Manager
    Checks Unlimited

David,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

The $25 Bonus was a nice touch but I find it highly irresponsible of Corporate to 1) pay late and 2) send payment to the wrong location [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I'll look over your program to supply my feedback.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Haiko,

Agreed. It was purely function of a new person handling the payments. It certainly should not happen going forward.

The $25 is a positive gesture, although I do agree with what Haiko said.

I'm still confused about something here, though.

I have made numerous attempts to contact you through what I thought were the normal communication channels. Your only responses have been in this public forum.

Does that mean that if I have another question or issue someday, I'm supposed to bring it up here? Or look up your phone number? Or what?

- Ed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast