Has anybody every experienced severe problems with extended transactions that CJ extended because of nonpayment? Could it be a simple problem that they didn't pay enough to their escrow account and will soon have it fixed? I am asking because I had $612 dollars worth of commissions extended due to non payment by them. I always hated putting up their links because of their low commission and session based cookie but their links fit my site perfectly and have had a epc of about 5 for the past year. Not great but worth the manhours I put into it. By the way "Global Sports" is sportchalet, dunhams, sportsauthority, mcsports,gijoes, and a couple of others. Any wisdom on the extended nightmare would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much.

ABW Ambassador
    OOTD,

They are required to have a minimum amount in their account by ... I believe the 5th ... or they placed on temporary deactivation.

In my experience ... This is an oversite or delay and they deposit funds and get re- activated right away.

Hope that helps [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Dave

@ oneofthesedays

I am in the same boat as you, my main merchants belong to global.com. They seem to have a monopoly in the sports equipment department. I think when this scumware muck is sorted out we will find the likes of global.com will have to ditch them if they want to stay in Internet busines.

When this happens I have the feeling a LOT of people are going to notice a vast difference in their sales for hits ratio.

quote:
    They seem to have a monopoly in the sports equipment department

Not!!!!

Take a real close look at what is available. Online Sports and FansEdge pay 10%. Didn't I read somewhere that Online Sports has almost all of their entire catalog in product codes... some 45,000 items? The FansEdge merchant page says it has over 15,000 items. (Been thinking of expanding our sports line.)

(Are these two on the WhenU list?)

There are always alternatives. Especially when they extend all of your sales for one month.

CodeJockey.

@ CodeJockey

Thanks for the info but I am mainly into backpacking equipment, hiking boots, sleeping bags, tents, backpacks etc. and those bl**dy scumbags at global.com seem to have it in their pockets. If only some of the larger well known companies would do drop shipping. :rolleyes:

I have just done a random check on 25 sportschalet product links and 24 of them went to an out of stock page. What kind of merchants are they to let this happen at Xmas time?

quote:
    What kind of merchants are they to let this happen at Xmas time

The same type of merchant that extends every sales transaction right around Xmas time.

I've been tinkering with the CJ product code database tonight to see what is available in the sporting goods line...

It certainly looks like all of the GlobalSports related companies (BallyStore, GIJoes, Dunham's, Oshmans, TheSportsAuthority, MCSports, SportsChalet, OlympiaSports, etc.) have pretty well the same basic inventory, just change the product code and image location... Prices seem to be the same over all of these properties, although there is the odd code that is priced $1.00 lower on one of the properties.

Maybe these other properties will have some sort of stock (I doubt it, but...).

Try getting a specific item by using 'and' in the product database and check: green and pack and frame will show you all of the entries for 'green pack frame'.

CodeJockey.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread