Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just checked and sales are posted for Bluefly through Oct 14. Oct 15 and later haven't been posted yet.

As I indicated yesterday, they'll be providing sales data on a weekly basis. I'm not sure yet what schedule that will be.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Scott,

I was also told about the weekly updates through the AM at bluefly. They did not come through. Could you please check up on this 1 week from now to see if that promise is kept?

Thank you,

IamJaloppy

Thanks Scott,
    but think I'll move out of the designer fashions
    $13,500 returned sales in a couple of months is a bit not good.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

MouseJockey,

Fair enough.

But keep in mind that part of the issues that they've been working through is that I think they double reported some sales. When that happens, cleanup of that is done by reversing them out with returns.

So what looks like returns of valid sales may be just making right sales that never happened.

Is that any better? I think so now that they're fixing it, but that's only for you to decide.

If you'd like to understand more about that, you should contact them.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Hello,

I handle Bluefly's affiliate program, and want to let everyone know we are working through the reporting issues we've had for the last few weeks.

Accurate October data through the 15th has been posted, and we will be posting data through October 22nd later on this week.

The big issue for us has been August data. Originally there was a glitch in the August data that sent through duplicate orders, shipments, and returns haphazardly. We've had to go through the August data line by line to make the fix (since it affects all vouchers going forward), and have been working closely with BeFree's tech group to make sure the resolution is 100% correct and won't have to be redone.

We thank all of our affiliates for bearing with us through this process, and will be offering affiliate bonuses for November and December (our top selling months) to show our appreciation.

Anyone with inquiries or comments can contact us directly at affiliate_support@bluefly.com.

Excellent! Thanks for coming here and posting, Colleen. That alone says a lot.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Colleen,

Hi and Welcome!

You have access to the affiliate managers forum also.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Hi Colleen, and thank you for your response.

I well appreciate the problems you've experienced during the upgrade.
    It's been tough on affiliates too,especially those who heavily promote your program with product links and banners ceasing to work on a number of occasions, so it's great to hear it will be business as usual soon.

Just wondering how long before the product links will be available again?

Thomas Edison

Hi Colleen,
    Welcome to ABW.
    Now that this issue is (hopefully) resolved, is there any chance that you introduce Return days? Correct me if I am wrong, but currently, return days=0 (not even 24 hours).

Hi. Has the data through the 22nd been posted yet? I also am wondering about the 0 day cookie. Is there a reason for this? I know some affiliate who would join your program if it was for 30 or 45 days like most of them.

ABW Ambassador
    I did not see any update in the BlueFly Reports. They have not been updated yet.

IamJaloppy

IAMJOLOPPY

How do they convert for you?

And are there any handbag companies on this list that are legit?

Forenzi
    Ashford
    SuperFabulous
    Ebags?

Have you tried
    accentexchange or other ones?

Does anyone track and pay???

I won't bother with the other CJ ones that have 85 percent chargebacks.

Does Blue Fly know the shopping cart wasn't working the other day?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    eBags hasn't shown me anything. Just go to LS and use the product links to Overstock's handbags..they blow the rest out of the water.

WebMaster Mike

Mike,

Thanks. I see overstock has a paypal logo on page. Is overstock a good converter though generally?

Thanks. What's their cookie?

reflections:

I do really well with Ashford, direct linking to handbags in the outlet and eBags. Third in line would be ShoeBuy for handbags.

Next are Nordstrom (create a direct link to their handbag dept. under accessories) and Bluefly.

Just switched Forenzi from CJ to Linkshare links, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Liz

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your feedback. Did you read the Ashford thread further down befree forum page where people are saying they had like 17,000 clicks and made 250.00? People say it doesn't convert? And arent' their handbags really pricey?

Of course, people who buy designer bags are probably willing to spend some bucks! It sounds like your conversions are better .

Do you think Forenzi would do better on linkshare? Is it the tracking problem at CJ?

Thanks. I'll try a few ashford links.

Do you find people want imitation designer stuff or the real thing?

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by reflections:
    IAMJOLOPPY

How do they convert for you?

And are there any handbag companies on this list that are legit?

Forenzi
    Ashford
    SuperFabulous
    Ebags?

Have you tried
    accentexchange or other ones?

Does anyone track and pay???

I won't bother with the other CJ ones that have 85 percent chargebacks.

Does Blue Fly know the shopping cart wasn't working the other day?

Sorry, missed this question. Here are my thoughts:

Forenzi:
    I am a partner, have not activated any links.

Ashford:
    I am a partner, and have links. They convert slightly below average. They have problems paying. They owe me some $ and I have had checks in the past. I think they are quarterly pay-outs.

SuperFabulous:
    Sorry, not a partner.

Ebags:
    I am a partner, and have links. They have an average conversion, but I only promote when they have a sale. In the past they did not when there was not a sale. They pay on time.

All these vs. Bluefly. Bluefly has a slightly higher conversion and the orders tend to be slightly higher, so that helps. Again, their conversion increases during their "semi-annual blue sale." I also anticipate they iron out their issues with their site and think conversions will eventually reflect that. Holidays will tell. They also pay on time.

Hope that helps.

IamJaloppy

IAMJALOPPY

Thanks for your feedback. Have you tried
    smartbargains? There are also places like
    accentexchange.

I'll go with what you and Liz said since
    you have some history of stats checking.

Also, do you try to sell imitation designer
    stuff? How does that go over???

Liz- feel free to comment on this too!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ashford is a global Sports (GSI) merchant and from the hundreds of posts here their merchant group all seems to have problems with reporting tags to their central shopping cart/e-catalog program. No one at GSI seems to want to address the issues here or other affiliate Bds as they do not understand the concept of conversion ratios or affiliate needs.

Never could get eBags or Forenzi to convert over the last 2 years despite new creatives. I assume it's a pricing issue. If I shop with a woman seeking a handbag they slobber over the leather designer bags and seem to then just compromise on a knock-off or lower cost look alike item. Backcountry Store has backpacks and duffles that sell as well as accessory items at ColdWater Creek with their great DHTML displays.

Therefore name brand designer bags and fashions at great prices or good creatives should sell online. What they can't touch or try on requires some price advantage push. The italian leather bag thta sells for 270.00 in a dept. store on sale for 99.00 does not need to be touched to be appreciated.

I've gone to Overstock.com and typed in handbags or browsed the fashions and those should sell, since the do report sales. Did the same with Smartbargains and Bluefly with the same impression. I'm not a Bluefly rep but them seems to test their sales reporting and e-catalog designs. Smartbargains should do the same and work very closely with their BF account rep to iron out why they can't convert as they have a nice site for shoppers and great prices.

So it boils down to no merchant at BeFree can trust the reporting of sales unless they run and verify weekly purchases and tweek the setting of cookies and the reporting tags. It took Andy at TigerDirect 1 full month of effort to get their cart to report properly on all affiliate linking types from banners to product displays.

Of course their is an issue of a merchant being on the eBates -Buyersport -Kazzaa or any of the other 20-30 BHO shopping bar merchnat lists. This hurts Overstock and all the others because 200 million shoppers get bombed with popups- allerts -coupons -reward programs to hijack your traffic at the point of sale. Til this activity is muzzled by the networks none will show you real conversion ratios til your traffic is left un-molested. At the crux of the issue is a lazy Affiliate Manager who reports to advertising, not sales dept, who can just work with a few Superaffiliates or parasites who can overcome crappy conversion ratios with millions of clicks.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    mousejockey - I seem to recall when they changed links or whatever and everything had to be changed out, I asked why in the world would anyone would even bother when they bluefly has a zero day cookie and a high reversal rate.

I think you said something like - "only one reason I'd do that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]"

I had them for a very short time but my first sale was quick, almost immediately reversed and then nothing for a while. You know - what seems to be the standard procedure to get you doing a bunch of promotions and then somehow the plug is pulled.

I didn't upgrade my links last time and just pulled them.

If bluefly changed it's 0 day cookie and showed improvement from not having to completely redo links and they get the reversal rate under control then maybe I'd promote them but as is, I'm still very reluctant and point back to my initial question.

Why in the world would someone promote these people with a zero day cookie, a high reversal rate and general problems with links and reporting?

mouse - You can reply the same as previously if you like [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] eeek eeek [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bluefly, thanks for coming by. I hope you'll take the opportunity to consider some changes in your program and wish you the best in getting it cleaned up.

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on Bluefly's program. At this time, the zero return day policy still stands. We stick to this policy with all of our partners within the affiliate program and for our annual deals with all online partners.

Re: the data updates, we loaded the files to reflect clean sales data through October 24th on Friday, so they should be available to everyone at this point.

Additionally, I've just gotten official word from BeFree tech support that all reporting (even the tricky August numbers) should be sorted out at the end of this week. At that point, we'll be able to run vouchers for September (and October) and compensate affiliates on the accurate and complete data for those two months.

Re: product feeds, we are tackling that right now, and have scheduled the fix at the highest priority level for our tech group. I will keep all of you updated on our progress.

Thanks again for your continued support!
    Colleen

happypoon, only one reason is 'they do sell' even with the high reversal/double reporting or whatever went on in the past couple of months while they were upgrading.

Bluefly is a good program, it's just a shame there were so many hiccups while the BeFree maintenance was going on and Bluefly links went down, and then again when Bluefly upgraded.

It's been a PITA the past few months but, Bluefly performs!

@Colleen, thanks for the news on the product linking;)

BTW: If the good fairy is around, I'd love to see at least a 10 day cookie;)

Thomas Edison

I too hope the cookie for bluefly will be longer. Can someone tell me where you find the cookie length in the befree members area? Thanks.

>>Can someone tell me where you find the cookie length in the befree members area?<<

It's not there presently. We're planning to add it in the next update in November.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Hi All,

I have GREAT news! Bluefly's reporting for August, September and October is up to date and accurate!

Please take a look at the Net Shipped Sales and Earnings numbers for all three months to see your accurate performance data.

One thing to consider: the Shipment and Returns numbers will look inflated. This is because the way BeFree's system works, we couldn't just delete the flawed data and replace it with clean data. We actually had to back out the data to make up for each flawed record. So, just know that if the Shipment and Returns columns look a bit off, the Net Shipped Sales and Earnings columns are all accurate.

Thanks to all for their patience during this time. As a display of our gratitude, we are offering a $10 first time customer bonus for all of November (historically one of our busiest months, and definitely high time for acquisition, since it's the start of the holiday season.)

Additionally, we'll be sending daily reports to BeFree starting tomorrow and going forward.

Thanks again,
    Colleen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast