ABW Ambassador
    After some time of reading Andy's posts, I decided to give him a try. So I went over to BeFree to look around. Also heard some stuff about this new "gateway" thing. Was curioius to see it too. We are already a member going way back, but of course lots has changed. Here are my impressions:

When I click on the list of merchants, that's nice.
    But, when I click on "merchant detail" I find very little useful information. On a few, I see return sales duration. Most don't. I see nothing in regards to how much we'll be paid. Either % or per lead. I can't decide on a program unless I know two things:

1. what they sell.
    2. what's my cut.

I can figure out no. 1 most of the time, but w/o no. 2.... it's not much good.

After looking around for awhile, I decide to finish what I came there for: join Tiger. But when I click on agreement, I get 404. Not once, but twice.

While waiting for a 3rd time for Tiger's agreement, (hoping to find the pay rate) I clicked on VistaPrint's agreement, and was taken to their front page. Not much help there. And I still don't know what they pay.

So, my first visit in many months.... not very helpful.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

AffJus,

While we've been working to add more information to the Merchant Detail page, traditionally, the information you're looking for has been on the merchant sites. So you should be able to find that information in the affiliate agreement.

Tiger's affiliate agreement works fine for me right now. Perhaps a hiccup on their site? Try again.

As far as Vistaprint's agreement goes, I'll check on that. Sorry you happened to pick a few that weren't good. I just clicked on many other agreements and most are fine -- I did find a few other bad ones.

The "good", (i.e., well-run) programs have FAQs and other info like compensation, etc., available from their agreement page.

Once you join a merchant and are assigned to a level, there is extensive information on the compensation that you'll earn. I know you want to know this before you join, but I thought I'd mention it -- there's no "default" compensation defined for many merchants which is why we can't show it easily before you join. We're working on that.

Thanks for pointing these issues out.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:

As far as Vistaprint's agreement goes, I'll check on that. Sorry you happened to pick a few that weren't good. I just clicked on many other agreements and most are fine -- I did find a few other bad ones.

Trust me, if it's broke, I'll find it. I just have this knack.

quote:

The "good", (i.e., well-run) programs have FAQs and other info like compensation, etc., available from their agreement page.

Yes, but my time is vailable. Why make an affiliate wade thru 15 pages of legalese to find the %?

quote:

are assigned to a level

"assigned to a level?" You totally lost me.

quote:

there is extensive information on the compensation that you'll earn. I know you want to know this before you join,

Yes, it's kinda like shopping for groceries with no prices on anything and then waiting till the checkout to find out if you can afford it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Not an effecient use of my time.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Thank you for answering. Maybe someday I'll really make it to Andy's program. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

>> Yes, but my time is vailable. Why make an affiliate wade thru 15 pages of legalese to find the %? <<

I understand. Our system's model is a bit different than the others. It grew up out of distinct private programs who all had their own terms on their websites. We're working to pull more info into a central location.

>>"assigned to a level?" You totally lost me. <<

Sorry. A commission level. Merchants can have as many different commission structures as they have affiliates. So, once we know what yours is, we can show it to you. The concept of a default level needs to be exposed before you apply. We've made a LOT of changes in the past year, most only became apparent recently. We'll continue to improve things.

>> Yes, it's kinda like shopping for groceries with no prices on anything and then waiting till the checkout to find out if you can afford it. Not an effecient use of my time.<<

Yes, again, I understand.

>>Thank you for answering. Maybe someday I'll really make it to Andy's program. <<

Thank you for the feedback. Give TG a go.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by AffJus:

Thank you for answering. Maybe someday I'll really make it to Andy's program. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Affjus,

There is no time like the present:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/a...pplication.asp

Would love to have you onboard. Let me know how i can help you take my money... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread