With all the complaining going on about some programs, I just want to tell everybody what a wonderful program Vermont Country Store has!

(1) Pay a 10% commission
    (2) Provide a product link to every item in their catalog
    (3) Respond to emails immediately. I mean in minutes, not hours or days. I've written a few times, and Gunilla has always answered me within minutes.
    (4) Pay in a prompt and timely manner.
    (5) Inform you about problems ahead of time. Here is an email I just received:

quote:
    Hi Tracy,
    I just wanted to let you know about a problem that has come to light here at The Vermont Country Store.
    In the last couple of weeks, we have had a few files with sales data not going over to Be Free as expected. A couple of times we were able to send a fix-file, but the problem kept happening. It is an issue involving our service provider and their transfer of sales data to Be Free and we are working hard at solving this problem.

I want to assure you that all sales data is being kept and as soon as we get this probelm sorted out, we will send it over and you will get paid and be able to see your actual sales with The Vermont Country Store in the Partner Gateway reports as usual.

Be sure we are working hard to get this fixed and I will let you know as soon as it is!
    Gunilla
    The vermont Country Store

Best of all they have some really great products that convert very well! I rate them an AAA+

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

ABW Ambassador
    I also like the program. Just started making some sales with them. They have lots of neat products not found elsewhere.

Would be very nice if they would allow for some cookie days, though, in order to promote their higher priced items more.

Tracy,

Sounds good, but are you sure you're not an ad for them? What type of conversion are you seeing and what is their cookie duration?

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

They are just an ultra cool merchant, very much like Cracker Barrel if you are familiar with them. I have steady sales there. Not HUGE sales but they have great stuff, excellent customer service, and no... I am nothing more than an affiliate either [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mama in Charge
    Clevermoms.com
    http://www.clevermoms.com

No, I'm not an ad for them. I'm just an affiliate like everybody else. They are just one of the only two programs at BF that I'm still working with, and I just thought they deserved to be talked about because they do do such an outstanding job.

I have two pages at my site that feature their products, which tie-in well with the subject of my site. However, they have tons more stuff in other areas that I don't promote because they don't tie-in well.

I'm not making a fortune. I've been onboard with them since January, and at 10%, I've earned $149.11 to date. The nice thing is that they do pay promptly. I usually qualify for the $25 monthly minimum every other month.

Eventually, I hope to expand my site into other areas, and when I do, their other products will be the first to be featured.

All I'm saying is that Vermont Country Store is an example of how an affiliate program should be managed.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Tracy,

It's good to hear about a positive merchant out there. Let me guess...I'll bet they even manage to post sales promptly, too. Maybe some others need to take a lesson from them.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread