Did anyone notice their Happy New Year announcement sent recently, stating affiliates will now be paid less to promote them? Apparently we've sold too much for them and they need to reduce our commission on merchant certificates to 3%! As if it wasn't bad enough before.

Looks like it's time to find a replacement for their links. Any ideas?

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Didn't they always pay out 3%? In fact, it looks like they are raising to 4% on supercertificates (its actually tiered up to 7% but i forget the amounts since I'll never reach past the first tier anyway).

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

They are offering a tiered level, but it's set so high that I'll likely never hit it either.

"Merchant with no cookie get no clicky"

Hello,

GiveAnything.com Gift Certificates is the highest paying Gift Certificate Merchant online!

Join today at www.reporting.net!

Here are some of the great benefits of being a GiveAnything Affiliate Partner:

-10% Rev-Share on all Gift Certificate Purchases
    -30 Day Return Cookie
    -Full Time Affiliate Manager who you can talk to anytime you want!

Please give me a call to brainstorm ideas for 2003!

I look forward to your partnership.

Lizabeth Cole
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    GiveAnything.com
    Gift Certificates
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Lizabeth-GiveAnything:
    -10% Rev-Share on all Gift Certificate Purchases
    -30 Day Return Cookie
    -Full Time Affiliate Manager who you can talk to anytime you want!

Hi Lizabeth, Certainly much better terms than the other program, but still I see both of that program and yours listed with shoppingguru and I haven't checked, but are both of you with eBates and the others too?

The way things are going lately, it seems, to me anyway, that all a higher commission will do is pay more to one of those outfits, so I'll probably be dropping that one in favor of no replacement at all at this time.

ShoreMark, Like me I hate it that Merchants are with ebates, whenu, etc the only problem with these companys is that they could put sites in there application just to let others think they are big. It is hard to keep track of new parasiteware that comes out. So hopefully the only way to prevent this is if they deactivate there account with the known parasiteware. Anyway Give anything has had a better click-thru rate for me then Giftcertificates.com.

=

Jason
    Santa Cruz, CA 95060

quote:
    Originally posted by jasonco12:
    they could put sites in there application just to let others think they are big.

That's why I decided to post and ask Lizabeth about it, she very well may reply that they listed them with no knowledge or agreement, if so, then I'll switch out to them instead.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    GiveAnything.com Gift Certificates is the highest paying Gift Certificate Merchant online!

Liz--

I was hoping you'd post in this thread. I was also looking for a replacement for GiftCertificates.com. I looked at GiveAnything.com because they offer coupons, and we run a coupon site. In fact, we applied for your program, and have been approved. But no links have gone up yet.

The problem I see, though, is that the majority of companies that you offer coupons to are ones that I have never heard of and am not sure I'd shop at. If I give somebody a gift certificate, I want them to be able to spend it at places like Overstock.com, Amazon.com, BN.com, etc. Places that are trusted and well-known. Unfortunately, I don't see that in your program.

Just my two cents.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. I understand your frustration with your current merchant list. This past year we have added some more top merchants, and we have a team on that project full time. You should see some pretty great partnerships between GiveAnything.com, and those household name merchants soon in 2003!

Have a great weekend. I look forward to our partnership.

Best,

Lizabeth Cole
    GiveAnything.com
    Gift Certificates
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

Hi ShoreMark,

Thank you for your replies. If you would like to give me a call to discuss your concerns you can reach me at the # below. I can be reached M-F EST.

Have a great weekend!

Best,

Lizabeth Cole
    GiveAnything.com
    Gift Certificates
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

quote:
    If you would like to give me a call to discuss your concerns you can reach me at 518-426-0909

Thanks for the quick reply Lizabeth, I could and would call if my concerns were specific only to my potential relationship, but this is an area of widespread concern in the affiliate community and I'm sure that the other members here would be interested as well to help them in their own individual evaluation of your (or any) programs that may or may not have relationships with third-parties that are harmful to the independent affiliate's business model.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, please answer publically..

Thanks.

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph

I wasn't aware of their commission structure before till I made my first sale for them. I was stunt finding out I made only $12 from a $400 sale.

I immediately started replacing their links with Giveanything.com's. I removed as many links as possible including the very effective full banner link that used to be on the top of my 'gift certificate' page. Now I only have one or two links for them. I generated a lot more sales for giveanything since my quick action.

I'm not greedy, I don't look at merchants in a negative way solely based on their commission rate. But as what you guys have discussed, there is no need for me to add more.

Best

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread