Hello
    Registration is now open for the AffiliateFORCE 2003
    conference (April 24-28, 2003: Miami - Key West - Mexico).

Face-to-face networking is still the best way
    to get to know your business partners and peers.
    Folks from around the world get together to meet,
    greet, learn and build new affiliate relationships!

You can register at http://www.AffiliateForce2003.com.

Here's some important information about AffiliateFORCE 2003:

• Earn 16% from GiveAnything.com - Any affiliate that attends the conference, will qualify for a 16% revenue share until June 30th, 2003. If you have the vision to attend this great conference, we will support your efforts! All you have to do is find us at the conference, and the higher revenue share is yours!

• Cost is $995, if registered before January 31. The cost from February 1-24 will be $1,295. No registrations accepted after February 24.

• If you become a Gold Member of iAfma.org, the cost is only $795. Click here to become a Gold Member. Gold Members must register no later than January 31, 2003!

• The registration fee is ALL INCLUSIVE for the cruise, seminar presentations, workshops and social functions.

• PLUS, get to meet the affiliate managers for some of the most progressive and exciting companies on the internet.

[/list]

Summit attendees will come away with a better
      understanding of the revenue sharing sales channel;
      the latest pay-for-performance techniques & fresh
      ideas on how to manage and expand their affiliate
      networks. This pilgrimage will explode your sales!

Both Ryan Phelan and myself hope to see you at the conference! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 518.426.7899.

Best,

Lizabeth Cole
      Affiliate Marketing Manager
      GiveAnything.com Gift Certificates
      liz@giveanything.com

I see you have Ryan Phelan's affiliate id in the links for Affiliate Force, is this allowed Haiko? Shouldn't Haiko have his own Affiliate link for this so he gets paid and not Ryan?

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like this should be a PAID advertisement.

People just dont get it. Haiko needs to pay for this site and his time!

ABW Ambassador
    Yup, not cool. Haiko's link should be there if anyone's...

Though, in her defense, in the second spam Liz sent out about this (I got it 4 times - the letter about AF2003 twice, and the modified letter about AF2003 with the 16% mentioned) the links were coded this way, perhaps it was just a cut and paste?

Thanks for the heads up.

Probably just an oversight.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

I know Ryan made her do this, but I really don't like it when people like Ryan, who don't come and post or participate here try to make some money off the people here.

I would recommend anyone interested just use the direct link http://www.AffiliateForce2003.com
    and not the one with Ryan's hidden affiliate link.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

I was alerted to this thread by Liz Cole, the affiliate manager for GiveAnything.com, and wanted to make a reply to clarify things.

Like many affiliate managers, we sent this email to our affiliates to publicize the AffiliateForce 2003 conference, because of our belief in it as the premier affiliate centric conference. We support and commend Herby for his personal efforts to bring the industry to a new level as well as Haiko’s efforts through ABestWeb. Both the conference and this board are a testament to the dedication of a small few to enhance this industry.

The email above was posted by Liz not at my request, but because of her belief in the power and faith of the affiliates that use ABestWeb as a valuable resource on a daily basis. Her intention was to keep everyone informed as well as to let people know of our dedication to this conference by offering an increased revenue share to those who attend.

At no time did I advise, recommend or “make” Liz post this on the ABestWeb board. Reason being is that she runs our affiliate program and she has the freedom to do what it takes to make our affiliates succeed. To my knowledge, she is an active participant on the ABestWeb board and is very verbal about helping affiliates increase their revenue. To her credit, she is a very valuable asset to this board and to GiveAnything.com.

As for the affiliate link, there was a cut and paste done by Liz on this post. There was no attempt to deceive anyone. If we wanted to deceive, there would have been a javascript to hide the mouseover link. As such, the link was just a standard HTML link. The tracking link was included because of a contest that many of the affiliate managers are having about how many people we can sign up.

As a matter of record, I have never collected or expect to collect any commissions from these links. I know that this is not widely known, but I along with many others have “donated” our commissions to Herby so that he can continue his great work in this industry.

Thank you for drawing attention to this unexpected oversight. I have sent an email to Haiko to edit the post and replace any links that are objectionable. My hope is that no matter how you are able to sign up to the AffiliateForce Conference, that everyone attends.

Thank you for your concern and your dedication to the industry. If there are any further questions about this issue, please feel free to contact me at ryan@giveanything.com or by phone at 402.933.4901.

Thanks!

Ryan P. Phelan
    Sr. VP of Ecommerce
    GiveAnything.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Ryan Phelan:
    As a matter of record, I have never collected or expect to collect any commissions from these links. I know that this is not widely known, but I along with many others have “donated” our commissions to Herby so that he can continue his great work in this industry.

No one should benefit financially from any affiliate links on this board except Haiko.
    Herby has his own board, let him make his money there.

Sorry, hadn't heard about all of Herby's "great" work in the industry. Could you please elaborate?

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Joseph,
    Do you have more than one BeFree Account? If so that could be why you got the emails more than once. This happens to me sometimes with some merchants.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Letting people know about AffiliateFORCE is welcome.

The affiliate tag, and the fact the message also advertise a different board tipped it over on the spam scale.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    As for the affiliate link, there was a cut and paste done by Liz on this post. There was no attempt to deceive anyone. If we wanted to deceive, there would have been a javascript to hide the mouseover link. As such, the link was just a standard HTML link. The tracking link was included because of a contest that many of the affiliate managers are having about how many people we can sign up.

Actually, thats what I thought at first, however, the Anchor text differs from the HREF. So, there was obviously an attempt to make the link look different than what it really was. It was that way in the e-mail, though, so probably was a cut and paste.

Anyway, yes, thank you for the notice about Affiliate Force. The affiliate tag is more Haiko and the moderators business, than mine.

Connie- Ahh thanks. That probably explains it.
    ----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread