ABW Ambassador
    Nunya, Business
    I've had both of them on my travel page for over a year. I get sales weekly from Expedia, nothing at all for the last year for Travelocity. Anybody get any kind of sales from them? They even had higher position for most of the time and still no sales. Onetravel also converts great.

Shake your booty

I also get sales from Expedia, but nothing from Travelocity. My problem with Expedia, is they're not paying.

They owe me back from December '02.
    I was told the delay is due to the fact there are several different people involved in approving/funding affiliate commissions and also something about all approved vouchers have to be funded before they release any of the affiliate checks. Bunch of stalling BS in my opinion.

I also think Expedia was an acclaimed merchant until today, when I noticed thier acclaimed status symbol disappeared.

ABW Ambassador
    I hardly ever get any sales from Travelocity either. I've long suspected they are not paying their affiliates for all of the sales they are given, but I have no proof. I would expect to get more sales through Expedia because they have a larger market share than does Travelocity, but I don't get more than 3-4 sales per month from Travelocity.

They also provide far less info. to their affiliates than do Expedia and Orbitz. Because of the way they report, there's no way to know if you are being credited for sales. Basically, a lousy affiliate program.

Ever since Orbitz extended the cookie to 30 days, they've far exceeded Expedia and Travelocity for me. Expedia and Travelocity are also parasitic and neither has any return days.

Orbitz's commission levels for hotels and rental cars is pathetic, but they still perform better for me than do Expedia and Travelocity.

I do get some sales from Travelocity but Expedia produces something on the order of 50 to 100 times as many. If I had to choose between them, I'd definitely go with Expedia. Fortunately, I don't have to choose.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't list Travelocity anymore. The conversion rate is terrible, and the commission structure stinks.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread