MemberWorks is not paying its BeFree affiliates. Currently MemberWorks owes me over $3000 in commissions, some of which goes back to September sales. It's my understanding that MemberWorks has not paid ANY affiliate for at least that long.

I've been complaining about this for months and have corresponded with both BeFree and the merchant. The merchant keeps using delaying tactics (i.e. "the check's in the mail," "I'll have to check with accounting on that" etc.)

I've been getting cc's of the e-mails BeFree is sending to MemberWorks, asking for payment, so I know BeFree is trying in good faith to collect. But my question is, how long will this go on before BeFree will take more serious steps, and what are those steps?

I'm curious to know if I'm going to have to take this merchant to court myself, or what. This situation has become a real exercise in frustration for me.

Anyone else out there trying to collect from MemberWorks?

I would say you can probably forget about it. I had the same thing with another merchant that just didn't pay me for sales made before MAY OF 2002. I have been emailing BeFree back and forth for over 2 months with no results so far. That merchant is STILL at BeFree!!!

Im sorry to hear this is happening, it is very frustrating to say the least!

We should have a 'Wall of Shame' on ABW for deadbeat merchants that don't pay aff's.

Some networks say they will pursue these errant merchants but I've never had one pursued hard enough to get my commissions due.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

Hi,
    Memberworks is on metarewards program and they seem to be paying on time. I know that memberworks was trying to get me to originally sign up with a different affiliate even after i signed up with Befree originally. However, this company is very shady across all lines.

Yes, I recently learned about a large number of fraud complaints against this company and immediately removed all information about them from my site.

However, they still owe the back payments... I earned 'em!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread