2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LOL ...."NEW YORK (Reuters) - AOL Time Warner Inc. , the world's largest media company, on Wednesday posted a loss for all of 2002 of nearly $100 billion, the largest annual loss in U.S. history, after taking a $45.5 billion charge in the fourth quarter to write down the value of assets.".

I think the P2P parasites made off with all their money.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

Why would anyone promote AOL when we get lots of frisbees in the mail for them all the time. No wonder they have a loss of 100 Billion -- Geesh if we didnt' sign up with the first cd then sent, we aren't gonna sign up with the next 10000 they send

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

Webmaster Mike,

Actually, it may a good thing Ted Turner stepped down. A few months later, you can go to the their headquarters and announce you're coming off the "retirement" and run some EcomCity.com commercials on AOL Time Warners TV channels and websites. By the time, they wake up, you could make a small fortune

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Ted's parking spot is duly noted and I'll just slide on in and demain top of page listings in AOL search for all sections of my Cybermall with a AOL webmasters. Hell ...I'll treat them, on Ted's account, to lunch in the VIP dining room for sliding in a EcomCity small banner on all pages. They won't even know what was done as they are still scratching their heads on where the 100 billion went.

Only drawback is that I'll have to don one of my suits and trim my mustache and practice my "do it now" look.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Frankly, I'd be willing to run AOL for a whole lot less than, well, just about anybody else. Surely I could lose less than 100 billion in a year. Surely that number is a typo?

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

100 billion dollars! That's like

160,000,000,000,000,000 Turkish Liras

Hmmm...That's like the whole GNP of our country

quote:
    Why would anyone promote AOL when we get lots of frisbees in the mail for them all the time. No wonder they have a loss of 100 Billion -- Geesh if we didnt' sign up with the first cd then sent, we aren't gonna sign up with the next 10000 they send

Don't knock the frisbees. I find them to be quite valuable. They're hanging in the trees near my koi ponds in the back yard. The reflections they make stop the blue herons from dropping in for lunch. At $250 a fish that's quite a big deal around here.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    I have had 1 sign up for AOL through Websponsers, for $35. Hope I get paid

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Anyone making money pushing AOL?

Not even AOL make money pushing AOL. One of my clients (who sells shrink film) makes money by shrink wrapping all those frisbees you keep getting. They've made more from AOL than AOL have made this year.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

They are not frisbees, we use them as coasters at our house. Work great. We actually get excited when we get new coasters here! Some are quite pretty.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Those CD's are great for exercising the kids. I just throw them accross the room and the kids go get them back. They zip through the air brilliantly. Not sure why AOL could possibly imagine why they would ever be used in the way that they were actually intended

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Well ... one thing you have to say about those cds that double as frisbees, koi pond decor and coasters. They are a great advertising tool even if you don't use them because it is quite hard to throw a cd of any kind away. It feels like you are throwing out a $5 bill. They lay around the house.

I'd say that the CD campaign is very successful by constantly bombarding the AOL Name brand into the minds of everyone - apparently even blue herons.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread