ABW Ambassador
    For the last week I have been trying to contact the affiliate manager at ecampus.com to see whats up with all their product links. CJ, and myself have our ducks in a row, but ecampus obviously hasnt done whatever it is they need to do to get the product links working. The product links go to a "page not found", and have been like that for sometime now. I got a question; will the dead product links (they don't go to a CJ default page) hurt my search rankings? or, because it goes to quickserv first, will I be spared getting gigged by google? help (since the affiliate manager at ecampus wont respond).

ABW Ambassador
    bump

quote:
    be spared getting gigged by google

From what I've read, the answer is no.

Although out-bound links seem to be taken in to consideration somewhere along the line, the more important factor is in-bound links.

Now if you've got a bunch of in-bound links from a bunch of low-ranked sites, this seems to have a lowering effect on your page rank. FFA link farms have been a fairly hot topic on some of the forums lately, and the general thought is that you'll be heavily penalized for a lot of in-bound links from the link farms.

If you haven't got it yet, get the Google tool bar. It will display the PageRank for any site. Gives you another tool to build the PageRank for your pages.

CodeJockey.

@ Big Chuck

Codejockey is right about the links and Google bar but you would have to watch it apparently it can keep tabs on what sites you visit if you do not turn the privacy off/on I forget which.

Just think Big Chuck, the world would know all about your peculiar sex tastes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    ??????

Gordon,

go to sleep man. you been up to late. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread