Anyone has got the Dell payment for last Sept.?

Find you coupons for 536 online retailers
    http://www.dealslist.com

ABW Ambassador
    Sigh. No.

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    To inform all you ABWers about Dell and their lame attempts at being partners in online sales lets look at their offline scorecard. CRN (computer reseller news) magazine surveyed all their dealers and show this month that Dell fails miserably as a partner. 2 out of 3 computer dealers would never sign up with Dell for private labled systems and peripherals because they don't trust Mike Dell further then they can throw him. NO value and Dell has a nasty history of cutting their partners throats with direct sales to the partners customers and diversion tactics.

Sound familiar? The affiliates really suffer since Dell allows them no voice whatsoever and are after nothing but branding and making sure sales occur after the cookie expires. Look for them to pull out of parastic relationships as the BHO defeat many of their diversion plans.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! Where's the love and show me the money?

I hear Sept payments should arrive a few days after the Oct payments which will be sent out near the beginning of feb. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

ABW Ambassador
    Here's what I get when clicking through my affiliate link to the dell S.B. page:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'inetlandingstripuser'.

/landingstrip/ls.asp, line 200

nice..

Apex- Nice. Wonder when we'll see November. July? September? November 03?

----
    -J
    Merchants: Do you realize that some of your affiliates are being paid commission on sales which you have paid for via PPC, offline advertising, and your targeted mailings?

quote:
    Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    Here's what I get when clicking through my affiliate link to the dell S.B. page:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'inetlandingstripuser'.

/landingstrip/ls.asp, line 200

nice..

Apex- Nice. Wonder when we'll see November. July? September? November 03?

J,

I hear you. These long lag times really frustrate me too. If anyone knows of merchants that pay quicker and have the same or better level of income potential, I'm all ears. I'd love to start promoting some other performing merchants.

BTW, I got that message from my Dell Home links this morning. I guess their entire server was misconfigured, so it wasn't linkshare or befree's fault this time around. It went out at 4am PST or so. Anyone know when it was fixed?

heard on cnn today that dell is planning a major expanse into direct retail sales to compete with gateway. they'll create a "store within a store" partnership with sears.

bad news for dell affiliates i guess.

ABW Ambassador
    not really. not any more so than now.. they already have kiosks in the mall here, always advertising on TV, and all over the net.... don't see this as a big deal compared to all that?

----
    -J

Our Sept just came. Anyone else?

Our sept. check arrived today too.
    oct. check also stated as mailed 02/04.
    seems they are catching up.

Find you coupons for 536 online retailers
    http://www.dealslist.com

ABW Ambassador
    hmm..
    not here yet.

Good sign though, hopefully tomorrow.

----
    -J

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm. November just came. The Invoice 10/1/02 check arrived 2/6 ..

Speaking of dell.. that poor (ex) Dell Schmuck got nailed yesterday for possession.

http://www.garycondit.com/cell.jpg

----
    -J

quote:
    Hmm. November just came. The Invoice 10/1/02 check arrived 2/6 ..

----
    -J

November already came for you? We're still waiting for our October check (Payment Eligibility date: 11/01/2002, mailed 2/04/2003).

ABW Ambassador
    I say November.. But its for October sales, sorry.

The stub says Invoice 11/1/02, why I called it November.

Arrived yesterday.

----
    -J

quote:
    I say November.. But its for October sales, sorry.

The stub says Invoice 11/1/02, why I called it November.

Arrived yesterday.

----
    -J

Ah, ok. We just got that today. Made my day. It's the single biggest check we've ever gotten.

ABW Ambassador
    As of the mail on 2/12 we STILL have not received this check.

Since when does it take from 2/4 to 2/12 to get a check from MA to anywhere in the US? We usually get our checks in 2-4 days tops....Has anyone else noticed that checks have not been mailed on the dates stated for the past month or to from Befree? We have an consistently.

ABW Ambassador
    One more day and 10 business mailing days later with no check....Tick Tick...Can we get a reissue?

Surveyman, you really should directly contact the Dell SB affiliate manager about this.

--
    scott@befree.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Scott would you please work on a report that shows sales booked by merchants that occurred AFTER their tracking cookie expired like LS has....

Dell has oviously crafted a scheme that negates millions in commissionable sales by their absolute refusal to reward normal affiliates for their referrals. It might be time to boot Dell off the major networks as they ripp off the networks on their cut of the commissions. They only one getting paid by Dell are the BHO theftwarez folks.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    ScottJ - I have both called and sent two emails this past week with no response from George...None.

quote:
    Originally posted by Survey Man:
    ScottJ - I have both called and sent two emails this past week with no response from George...None.

I have a call with Andy at Befree every tuesday. If you want, I can ask him to contact George for you. Just email me if you'd like. apex@gotapex.com

SurveyMan,

Sorry for the delay -- I'm on the west coast (thankfully!) and don't have great access to the Internet.

I'd be happy to give George a nudge, but I need to know who you are. Drop me an email.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread