ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone else experienced this? I am very unhappy with EMusic and the way that they have handled their affiliate program.
    I was disabled by EMusic, but then invited to reapply.
    I asked them if they would pay outstanding commissions. Here is their response
    quote:

At this time, we will only be able to issue
    payment to those who have met/exceeded the minimum threshold of $25. We
    sincerely apologize for any inconvenience

So they expect me to reapply to their affiliate program, even though they will not pay commissions due to me. This is what they are calling their 'streamlining operation'

Has anyone else had dealings with EMusic? Anyone like to comment on this?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

[This message was edited by cjshoppingnetwork on February 19, 2003 at 05:18 PM.]

Hmmmm .. there's a thought. Everytime one of our resellers get close to achieving the minimum balance to receive a check ... disable the account and send a notification that they need to reapply to become an affiliate all over again. If they ask the same question as cjshoppingnetwork does .. send a letter out as Emusic did:
    quote:
    At this time, we will only be able to issue
    payment to those who have met/exceeded the minimum threshold of $25. We
    sincerely apologize for any inconvenience

This will undoubtedly allow us to gain massive profit gains for the 2003 year! What a concept! What brazen and outlandish business practice that makes Emusic in educating us on how to achieve optimum profit gains at others expense. Cripe .. who needs parasite worries when you have services pulling this tactic on their own affiliates!

I'm shaking my head and thanking god that our service does not fully rely on reseller items to make a profit from promoting business scum like this!

Good luck on your endeavors cjshoppingnetwork .. it's very apparent you will need good luck fortune to bestow you in order to achieve profits from Emusic for sure!

DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    They dumped me too. I am just glad i never implemented the mass-marketing scheme I was going to do. I have heard in that past that they dump affiliates that do too well anyway. Dont waste your time with these guys.

ABW Ambassador
    Surely this is not acceptable? How can Befree allow merchants to disable affiliates who have commissions due, and then for those merchants to remain a part of Befree? Emusic have gone way too far with this. How can they disable a site and then invite that site to rejoin their affiliate program?
    What an amazing way to save money. Disable an affiliate when they have earned money, and never pay them what is due.
    I am only owed $4, but that is not the point. This is wrong, and Emusic should not be allowed to do this

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Emusic and Upromise dumped me too for being inactive. However I have sent tons of hits to E-music. How can Befree alow this?

Jason
    Santa Cruz

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread