Hi Liz,

Quick question for you (followed by a slightly longer one )

Any new coupons on the horizon? The last couple you gave us expired a few days ago.

Second thing: when doing a search for 'Giveanything coupons' http://www.google.com/search?q=giveanything+coupons I was able to find many sites that offer coupons that are not published on reporting.net Are we also allowed to use these coupons, and how does one get them? If these sites are not allowed to give out these coupons, and yet they get commissions, then the rest us of us has a competitive disadvantage, through no fault of our own.

Some of these sites even have pop up windows which overwrite affiliate cookies by sending coupon searching visitors to your homepage - thus not the affiliate that brought you a customer gets the commission, but the one that uses these techniques.

Any thoughts?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You in a crowed field of affiliate marketing. ALL the BHO theftwarez folks are entirely "incent" based and they rule the coupon/rebate/freebee marketplace. Add in the competition using mass e-mail marketing and you'll see you have no chance. 400 million of your potential visitors have some form of "incent" popup devised to run you out of business and overwrite your efforts in loyality marketing.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hi Affiliate & EcomCity,

Thank you for the inquiry. As of the 15th of February all of our coupons did expire. Since they were focused on Valentines Day we do not have any on the horizon as of yet.

As far as your other question... do you have a particular code in mind that you found and are wondering about? Like I said, I do not have any in the affiliate program active, all codes that are eligible for promotion by affiliate partners are given by me. You will either receive those codes via my personal email, or through reporting.net, or a beFree Mailer.

Please contact me directly at any time regarding any concern. If you have a suggestion about a code or contest idea I would love to hear it.

Thank you again for your partnership.

p.s. Hint: If you wanted to purchase for yourself and were looking for a code, Affiliate Partners of GiveAnything may receive commission on their own purchases

Lizabeth Cole
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    GiveAnything.com
    Gift Certificates
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

Affiliate,

I apologize, I do not think that I answered your question regarding the redirect or pop-up very well.

As far as a redirect, please let me know what kind of software or redirect tool you found. I am looking at that link that you gave and do not see any so far. As far as a pop-up, I need the same information.

GiveAnything.com is currently following the guidelines provided to us by our partner beFree. To our knoweledge we are not participating with any parasiteware, and trust the BeFree partner recommendations given to us.

Therefore, if an affiliate partner is unhappy or believes that we are misleading them, I need to be made aware.

Please contact me directly regarding any concerns so that I may investigate thoroughly. I hope that I have addressed your concerns.

Best,

Lizabeth Cole
    GiveAnything.com
    Gift Certificates
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

Liz, check this thread as well.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=4876013042

I didn't know we were allowed to post URLs on this forum (some forums don't allow it), so I didn't give an example. But check the following web sites (Giveanything affiliates) - is what they are doing OK with you?

http://www.jumpondeals.com/coupons/giveanything Launches pop under to Giveanything store, thus overwriting other affiliates' cookies.

http://www.a2zrewards.com/frame.asp?vcode=641 Launches Giveanything in a frame.

http://www.smartqpon.com/GiveAnything_coupons.asp Offers coupons that other affiliates haven't been told about.

Check this one out
    http://www.happycoupons.com/coupons/giveanything/

I don't know what this site is doing, but it launches Giveanything (don't know how), overwrites other affiliates cookies, and yet somehow makes you not see it.

Same for this one: http://www.24houredeals.com/merchant...erchant_ID=230

http://myconsumerguide.com/giveanything.htm Where do they get these coupons?

The sites you listed are using a legitimate practice. Popups and Popunders may not be the most popular advertising, but there is no parasite activity going on--the sites are popping up ads on their own sites. Since you visited the site, it's fair that they get to set the cookie. Also, you are assuming that there was another affilate cookie on the users machine. That's no necessarily so because you have no way of knowing if a visitor has visted another affiliate's site first.

Parasites set a cookie from someone else's site or re-direct you to their site while you're visiting another site. The sites you listed aren't parasites.

Hello again!

Tzu, thank you for your explanation and support. I will add to that regarding the coupon codes that you are worried about "Affiliate"...
    I give out the codes to my affiliate partners. Like I have said before a code that is given by me, from either a beFree email, or from my email address (liz@giveanything.com) are the only codes that affiliates are "allowed" to use. Please see Affiliate Agreement. However ofcourse there are going to be codes that affiliates will use that they have found through their own ways. Such as consumer mailers, as the Affiliate Program is not our only marketing outlet for our consumer site.
    I have asked affiliates to take down those codes and they will do what they want. If it makes you feel better, "Affiliate", none of those codes are active right now, as you can see they have all expired.

Here is the section in the Affiliate Agreement that pertains to your concern:

10. Promotions/Discounts

As a GiveAnything.com affiliate, we will, from time to time, provide all of our affiliates with promotions, offered at our discretion, to offer to your members/visitors. We will provide you with adequate notice so that you may make any and all appropriate changes to your website. GiveAnything.com also runs periodic promotions of its own. It will be considered a breach of this agreement to utilize any promotion, promotion code or other promotional opportunity as an affiliate link that is not specifically authorized by GiveAnything.com for the affiliate program and we reserve the right to withhold or disallow payment for violations under this section.

As far as the URL's that you listed....I checked them, and I will be contacting all of those partners about the automatic click, because I do find it to be mysterious. However, once again, I do not see them overwriting, and they are not producing alarming amounts of $ to concern me that they are stealing affiliate traffic.

"Affiliate" if you are a partner of mine and you are concerned, I really have this one suggestion. Email me! Call me! So that I can help your site to maximize GiveAnything sales. You can trust me that it will be in the deepest confidentiality, but I will not be able to address these concerns daily on this board. I know that GiveAnything along with our Network BeFree try our best to stay on top of the activity good or bad of affiliate partners. I do appreciate affiliates like yourself asking me questions and giving me the heads up.

I will investigate your concerns regarding the auto-clicks, but I did see nothing parasitic about it, nor did I see any re-directs. As far as the coupon codes, some affiliates leave the codes up there hoping that they will work in the shopping cart. I am sorry if you feel left out, if you want complete and first hand communication with me, please sign up as a Performance Partner with BeFree, or let me add your affiliate email address to my mailing addresses. When a coupon code comes out, I email first to those select partners from liz@giveanything.com, then there is a blast from beFree.

If you have further questions please contact me at the information below.
    Have a nice weekend.

Lizabeth Cole
    GiveAnything.com
    Gift Certificates
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

[This message was edited by Lizabeth-GiveAnything on February 22, 2003 at 11:54 AM.]

[This message was edited by Lizabeth-GiveAnything on February 22, 2003 at 11:54 AM.]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Tzu said: "The sites you listed are using a legitimate practice. Popups and Popunders may not be the most popular advertising, but there is no parasite activity going on--the sites are popping up ads on their own sites. Since you visited the site, it's fair that they get to set the cookie."

Face the facts that many of those popups & unders are not coded affiliate links. The content of the hated popup, according to network rules and ABW's stance on parasitic activity, must be clicked upon to set a cookie. Anything other than a physical click action to set or overwrite a cookie is 100% preditory and any spin on this practice is pure BS.

If your pre-sell content combined with network generated trackable clicks results in a sale is legitimately commissionable. All other ploys are just devious means by sleezy affiliates to be a poor man's BHO.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

T.Anthony this thread is from 2003.

...and he spammed, now he's gone.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread