First time I post message so please bear with me. I have two sites and utilize AdRotator to show different sixe banners on both sites. Eaxh site has its own adrotator program, each different from the other.

Even though my sites receive decent traffic, I have noticed that the click throughs, according to Be Free Stats, do not match the stats provided by adrotator.

Example: I run banners from Be Free in both sites, this month, according to Be Free my number of impressions is 55,357 with a 3,360 click throughs for a 6.61% CTR.

When checking a bit further, I find that the Gateway Computer stats indicate that a total of 4,494 impressions have been served with 1,592 click throughs for a CTR of 31.19%.

The same apparent problem exists with the Payless stats: 1,155 impressions served, 1,478 click throughs for a CTR of 127.97& (Whats wrong with this picture - perhaps text links are generating the overage).

Callwave - 2,477 impressions, 515 click throughs, CTR 31.19%

Now, no sales have been recorded in any of these. My monthly traffic at one site is roughly 150,000 unique with 250,000+ page views, and at the other site is roughly 100,000 unique with roughly 175,000 page views.

Does anyone else has experienced this problem?

ABW Ambassador
    Gateway, Payless and Callwave all have poor conversions compared to other programs. People shop around for computers, so it is very rare to have a customer buy from the first they click on. Gateway is just one of many.
    Payless shoes have so many retail stores that I would imagine that a lot of visitors would look on the internet, and then buy from the store.
    Callwave used to be a great service, now they are not so 'hot'
    Try changing the merchants. I have had poor results from Payless & Gateway

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Yes, I have experienced the same thing, not only with those but with companies as well. My point, and perhaps I did not explained it in the original posting, is that there is a marked difference between the stats provided by Be Free and those provided by adrotator - for example, adrotator indicates that there have been only 6 or 7 click throughs to Gateway, whereas Be Free indicates that there are over 1,000 click throughs... Has anyone else ran into this problem?

ABW Ambassador
    6 or 7 compared to 1,000?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

You got it... A BIG difference.... That is what caught my eye.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread