I am considering joining on with BeFree and want to know if anyone out there knows what the advantages and disadvantages are of the other competitors, ie CJ and LinkShare. Can any of you affiliate veterans help??

Thanks!

Responsiveness, for one.

Seriously, I realize that you're looking for affiliate input, but if there's anything I can help with please don't hesitate to contact me.

--Scott

--
    scott@befree.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by ScottJ:
    Responsiveness, for one.

Seriously, I realize that you're looking for affiliate input, but if there's anything I can help with please don't hesitate to contact me.

--Scott

--
    scott@befree.com

From a current BF merchant, take that one to the bank. Scott and the team are on it !! This is not the BF of last year !!

Keep it up folks, doing a great job !!

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

ABW Ambassador
    Last year I was going to drop BeFree mainly because of parasites. However, I am actually now building sites dedicated to BeFree merchants.

Scott is an outstanding BeFree affiliate resource.

Whenever I e-mail him, I get a response very very quickly, sometimes immediately. In the past I have held e-mail communications with Scott that resembled an ICQ chat in the speed of replies. No I am not joking.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

I have to agree, Scott has been great setting up datafeeds for me. I actually emailed him yesterday, and it seems like I got a response back right after I hit the send button.

Thanks Scott! Befree feeds are highly recommended!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Major advantage is thta BeFree will cut merchant commission checks within 3 days from receipt of payment. Getting the merchants other than TigerDirect to pay on time is another story.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Major advantage is thta BeFree will cut merchant commission checks within 3 days from receipt of payment.

OT:
    Talking about payment, I am still waiting for December payment from SBC and January payment from Baby Center. Scott: Is there any way to know whether a merchant has sent payments to BF or when they are going to pay us/BF? Also, anyway to find out previous payment informations (to us obviously) for any merchant? One other, Wireless Choice sent us an email in March that they are closing BF program. I have some commission due which lower than their minimum $50. I sent an email to them asking whether we will be paid. They haven't replied. Can BF tell us anything about this payment?

About Scott:
    Scott has been great in setting up data feed for us. I agree with Andy, sometimes I hit the send button and get an instant reply from Scott. Thanks, Scott.

I wish other network are like this and we have more business with some BF merchants.

Gee, thanks everybody.

KCEdit: The commissons report in partner gateway shows the status of payments. The status codes tell you where it is in the process. I think I wrote something about this a million years ago...

yup, here:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...511#2046081511

If you're concerned about getting payment from any merchant and/or they're unresponsive, contact our support team at help@befree.com.

Mike: Tiger's not the only one. Spend a little more time on your site and maybe you'll discover a few more!

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

quote:
    Mike: Tiger's not the only one. Spend a little more time on your site and maybe you'll discover a few more!

SHHHHHhhhhh! Your not supposed to clue Mike in

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, Scott. I just saw SBC status is now paid. I'll contact Befree helpdesk about the Wireless Choices.

Re: BeFree vs. CJ

Two items:

What I like best about Cj vs. befree is that cj aggregates merchant commissions into 1 check. i.e. I don't have to wait for an individual merchant to top $25 before I get paid.

2nd, CJ's interface for creating links is a lot smoother. review links > select > cut html > paste. I get more confused on befree's interface.

Befree - Any chance of streamlining both of these issues?

I'm interested in this topic too since I'm considering switching from ebay at CJ to ebay at BeFree. However, I just visited the Befree site and where is the info on payment for affiliates? I can't find any information on this. How does the affiliate get paid? Consolidated cheque? Direct debit straight to UK bank account? Not a good start.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

quote:
    Originally posted by Apollo:
    What I like best about Cj vs. befree is that cj aggregates merchant commissions into 1 check. i.e. I don't have to wait for an individual merchant to top $25 before I get paid.

2nd, CJ's interface for creating links is a lot smoother. review links > select > cut html > paste. I get more confused on befree's interface.

Befree - Any chance of streamlining both of these issues?

I agree that consolidated payment is cool. We're always evaluating this and other payment options. There's nothing that I can talk about though.

We did make some improvements to streamline the link generation process last fall with the new partner gateway. Have you seen the link search interface there? You can search for products and links across all merchants. And there are some advanced search options so you can, for example, exclude a particular merchant from the search in case they're dominating the results (like I've seen somewhere else).

There are surely other improvements we can make, and we will.

quote:
    Originally posted by Apollo::
    However, I just visited the Befree site and where is the info on payment for affiliates? I can't find any information on this. How does the affiliate get paid? Consolidated cheque? Direct debit straight to UK bank account?

As you've probably gathered from recent posts, currently, checks are cut for each individual merchant. I know this causes issues for those of you who are used to making a relatively small amount of money each month from a large number of merchants. And further issues for those of you who pay significant charges to cash foreign checks. As I said above, we're looking at how we can make this better.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

I am planning to drop both Linkshare and Commission Junction because their sites are too slow. I don't have time to spend an hour building one link. Half the time IE crashes in the middle of the process which could be my computer but oddly enough never happens at BeFree.

The BeFree merchants that I use have much better options for building my links and the process goes much faster.

I have all three. The one MAJOR downfall of linkshare is that is dosen't allow an easy way to do individual product links i.e. Take tiger direct for example. They have a "formula" in which you can set up a script to earn commisions on all links on your site to tiger direct (assuming people buy). So in theory if you have 500 links to tiger you don't have to do it "manually" If tiger was on linkshare, you would literally spend hours to get this done. IF linkshare had a formula for direct product linking (assuming the merchant supports redirects) then they would be MUCH more attractive.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread