Good Morning!

Please do not leave your visitors with no last minute Mother's Day gift option! Did you know that our Universal Certificates can be sent instantly, or printed right from the end users computer? We have no shipping deadline, and your commissions (the highest in the gift certificate industry) will keep coming right through any holiday!

Use this code heavily this week and weekend, use it in last minute newsletters, homepages and the top of the gift category! If you want to send a solo newsletter with our product as the last minute gift solution, just call me and we can put something together!

This code is already generating HUGE sales:

Code: givemom
    discount: Take 10% off $50+
    expires: 5/12/03

Join our partner program at www.reporting.net.
    Lizabeth Cole
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    www.GiveAnything.com
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

quote:
    This code is already generating HUGE sales:

the code:

ABW Ambassador
    HUGE!

Thanks guys for bringing that to my attention, I actually have no idea what that is and if you could tell me I would appreciate it.

From your screen shot I cannot see who is making that pop-up. I have not allowed anyone to do that type of activity, so please help me get to the bottom of it.

Thanks

Lizabeth Cole
    www.GiveAnything.com
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

Liz,

WHENU is generating that popup.

Mark......

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com
    Solutions for Affiliate Program Managers

Thank you Mark, for you kind assistance. I am looking into this right now, as we have no relationship with WhenU as we support the BeFree COC.

Thanks again.

Liz

ABW Ambassador
    If you have no relationship with WhenU, then how can that pop up occur? It is clearly from WhenU.
    No wonder the code is generating huge sales if WhenU is popping up.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Hello,

As I have stated, GiveAnything.com does not have an Affiliate Partnership with WhenU. I have just spoken to WhenU on the phone to confirm what is happening. As a service to their members, they select merchants who have promotions and then notify their members of those promotions. They then direct them straight to the merchants URL with no benefit of rev-share from that merchant. The monetary benefit to WhenU comes from the fee that their members pay to be notified of promotions.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Lizabeth Cole
    www.GiveAnything.com
    518-426-0909
    liz@giveanything.com

ABW Ambassador
    It may not be a direct affiliation with WhenU. However, if you allow WhenU to do this, then it seems as though you are not concerned about the reputation that WhenU have.
    WhenU has a topic within the parasiteware section of this board!

ABW Ambassador
    I am getting so tired of this BS! So you are saying its ok for Whenu to pop up because they are not earing commissions. Well your affiliates aren't earning commissions with this diversion either! I personally feel if the merchants don't stand up to WhenU and Ebates and all the others then they don't deserve having affiliates promoting them. Enough said!

Cazzie
    Actively looking for parasite free merchants.

GiveAnything.com are listed on PriceBandit.com, which is a part of the WhenU network. I am sure they are signed up under that name and not WhenU.
    Who knows what other sites they all have for backups!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If it sounds like a Charity front or a merchant "incent" aggregrator then you can bet they are upto their eyeballs with the traffic hijackers.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    As a service to their members, they select merchants who have promotions and then notify their members of those promotions. They then direct them straight to the merchants URL with no benefit of rev-share from that merchant. The monetary benefit to WhenU comes from the fee that their members pay to be notified of promotions.

quote:
    GiveAnything.com are listed on PriceBandit.com, which is a part of the WhenU network. I am sure they are signed up under that name and not WhenU.
    Who knows what other sites they all have for backups!

Lizabeth..as Connie pointed out, check and see if they are signed up under another name...then call back and see what they have to say. I'd bet my right arm that they aren't out to give you free sales without some sort of gain from each sale.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    If a customer clicks on a genuine and honest affiliate site, and then ends up at Give Anything, if WhenU pops up, I presume a cookie is set by WhenU. If WhenU are signed up with Give Anything under a different name, then that cookie would overwrite the original affiliate cookie. Therefore, the original affiliate would not get paid!
    I can't imagine - based on what I have read about WhenU - that WhenU would create a pop-up to a merchant that they weren't going to get money from!

Isn't this the same as the text from WhenU???????? I got it from PriceBandit.com

quote:
    GiveAnything.com
    Offer: 10% off $50 purchase
    Code: givemom

Terms: Cannot be combined with other offers.

How to use:

Select your merchandise.
    You will be taken to your shopping cart automatically.
    Enter coupon code givemom in the "Promotional Code" field.
    Click "Apply".
    Your order total will recalculate and save U money!
    When entering the site through promotional URL links your discount will automatically be applied to your order at checkout once purchase requirements are met.

Thank you for the idea about Price Bandit. I have checked and they did not come up in our system. I do see us on their site, and there is a direct link to our URL, no affiliate ID, nothing. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not see anything but a straight link.

Lets get back to the focus of this post which was the promotion that we have running for one of the biggest holidays of the year. If you want to promote "GIVEMOM" as a partner, and earn some of the highest rev-share in the industry I am happy to cut you a check.

If you have further questions regarding WhenU, please contact info@whenu.com, questions for GiveAnything.com you may contact me at anytime.

I appreciate all of you guys' input and interest in this matter.

Lizabeth Cole
    GiveAnything.com
    liz@giveanything.com

[This message was edited by Lizabeth-GiveAnything on May 06, 2003 at 01:52 PM.]

[This message was edited by Lizabeth-GiveAnything on May 06, 2003 at 01:55 PM.]

Suggestion:

Someone who has WhenU installed should do the following:

1) Delete all befree and giveanything cookies.
    2) Click on your affiliate link to giveanything.
    3) If befree/giveanything cookies are set then look to see which affiliate is set in the cookie for getting credit

We will then know if WhenU is diverting commission from GiveAnything affiliates (assuming Liz or BeFree can tell from the cookie who the affiliate is).

Regards,

Mark......

P.S. In my experience GiveAnything certs are a good last minute gift, I have received checks from them in the past and they are an honest merchant in my opinion.

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com
    Solutions for Affiliate Program Managers

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lizabeth-GiveAnything:
    Lets get back to the focus of this post which was the promotion that we have running for one of the biggest holidays of the year. If you want to promote "GIVEMOM" as a partner, and earn some of the highest rev-share in the industry I am happy to cut you a check.

But this isn't the point. The point is that WHENU/PriceBandit is popping up on your site, and they have no right to. Same things was happending to Andy at TigerDirect, and he took care of the situation. They have no right popping up on your site, even if they don't earn commissions.

What's keeping them from popping up an ad for GiftCertificates.com? I'm sure you'd have an issue with it then.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    I will not aggressively promote a merchant that WhenU are popping up on. Even if you are not affiliated with WhenU or any of their partners, it is wrong to have WhenU popping up on your site.
    If someone has WhenU installed on their computer, would the pop up write a cookie to overwrite the original cookie? Does anyone know about that?

Michael,

I have spoken with WhenU, see above Post, and I am taking care of it.

Thank you

Liz

ABW Ambassador
    If they are straight linking which they seem to be, then, there should be no loss of affiliate compensation.

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread