Do you aware your number of sites in Partner Gateway Increase out of your control?

The merchants relationship is now scattered around your different site profiles (the same site indeed ).

Just too messy !

Befree want the number of sites increase at the same rate as of the number of affiliate commission checks you received.

[ I wish you understand what i mean ]

http://8n.nu/

ABW Ambassador
    [ I wish you understand what i mean ]

I wish I did too.

----
    -J
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    My Dick Tracy secret decoder translates thta to BeFree mixes in a bunch of non-converting loosers with their winners. This guy wants some way to sort out the mess. So do I if ya know what I mean.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

For every application you submit, if it is not using FastApp, a new site profile will automatically added to your account.

The Befree Syatem treat new application as an additional site created. Although you are just entering the same site information to apply for the merchant.

Now I have 11 site profiles referring to the same site.

I expect the number will continue to rise in future.

In theory, you can delete a site profile you do not want. But practically it is very difficult to impossible to do it.

Besides, when the merchants see there are different site profiles in your account, quite a lots of merchants will do you a favor by accepting all your other site profiles without your consent. Therefore you are getting lots of site ids for the same affiliate program.

When you are picking links later, you have to choose which site ids to use too.

[This message was edited by Vrindavan on May 08, 2003 at 05:09 AM.]

[This message was edited by Vrindavan on May 08, 2003 at 05:15 AM.]

Vrindavan,

If you're not applying via the FastApp, then you're applying via the merchant's branded application? That's akin to creating a new account just for that merchant and I would expect you to get a new site. It's really best to use the application interface in Partner Gateway to join programs whenever possible.

That said, I'm not really sure I understand what you're talking about, but if you're reporting a problem with how the interface is behaving, this isn't the best place to report it.

Please send an email to help@befree.com so your specific case can be investigated (and cc me if you'd like).

Mike, I think your decoder ring might be busted.

thanks.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Vrindavan,

OOOoo! I know exactly what you mean (I think ), and I hate it too! I have the same site listed 6 or 7 times, and it really sucks.

I also hate when they approve a bunch of them too.

BTW, I think every time you make changes to any of that every one of your merchants associated with that ID gets notified...

----
    -J

Vrindavan,
    You can very easily consolidate your accounts into one. After logging in, go to [consolidate accounts] and follow instructions. After following these instuctions, all your accounts will become one. Then you should use the Fast App to apply for any new programs to keep them all under one account.

Hope this helps.

Gene
    TCS

Only Joseph Monuit understand the problem correctly.

Base on the current Befree system,
    i can just think of a solution to the problem is like as follow:

Befree issue or adopt ONE master site id for each affiliate account log in id.

Then i can use that Master site id to replace all different site ids associate to my account.

After replace all the Befree refer links.
    Then i can delete all duplicate site profiles not fearing losing any merchant relationship or commission checking.

ABW Ambassador
    Consolidation.....compounds the problem, I'd say

----
    -J

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Vrindavan:
    Only Joseph Monuit understand the problem correctly.

Base on the current Befree system,
    i can just think of a solution to the problem is like as follow:

Befree issue or adopt ONE master site id for each affiliate account log in id.

Then i can use that Master site id to replace all different site ids associate to my account.

Then i can delete all duplicate site profiles not fearing losing any merchant relationship or commission checking.

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

Joseph Monuit
    You are right

Consolidation means more site profiles in your account.

It is not true consolidation.

Same ONE site --> many many site profiles -->
    continue to increase

There are many reasons we cannot use FASTAPP to apply for a program. No need to explain if you are Befree expert user.

Scott,
    You need to explain consolidation so that everyone understands just what happens.

All my previous accounts have been consolidated into one and I have no extraneous accounts. All merchants are under one account profile. I see no way in which it compounds a problem.

Gene
    TCS

>>You need to explain consolidation so that everyone understands just what happens.<<

I think they get it. There is an issue where you can get multiples of the same site in your sites list.

I'd agree that there's an issue there that we need to solve.

Consolidating multiple sites into one is a different issue and cannot be done easily for a lot of database reasons.

>>There are many reasons we cannot use FASTAPP to apply for a program. No need to explain if you are Befree expert user.<<

Gee I must not be an expert.

I'm all for helping out our expert users. But I need to know more specifics. Drop me an email, I always enjoy meeting New Friends.

--
    scott@befree.com

Sorry, I have made a typing mistake in previous post

--------------------------
    Then i can delete all duplicate site profiles not fearing losing any merchant relationship or commission checking. <---commission tracking

>>In theory, you can delete a site profile you do not want. But practically it is very difficult to impossible to do it.

How? I've tried numerous times to take care of this problem. It drives me crazy enough that if I didn't have outstanding commissions I'd kill my entire account and start over from scratch.

On the merchants side,

they have the ability to see all your site profiles (identical or almost the same) within an account.

Three things they will do:

1. Do nothing with this affiliate account

2. They think this affiliate have many sites, let make this affiliate happy by accepting all the sites for him without his consent. Results: mnay site ids for the affiliates.

3. The merchant did notice the affiliate account has many identical or similar site profiles.
    They merchant may think, hey, what going on with this affiliate, he create so many sites for what purpose ?? cheating / fraud ??
    Then the merchant delete/disable this affiliate (disable all the sites in the account) at once, NO QUESTION ASK ! Even though there may be a small sum of commission balance in the account.

Proposal to Befree:

Although consolidation of site profiles into one may not be possible for them,

The following change will improve the situation:

1. Do not allow the merchants to see all the other site profiles of the affiliate. or approve other site profiles.
    2. The merchant can only accessible to the site profile that the affiliate select to apply for program.
    3. Allow merchant to re-activate an affiliate account/sites after disablement, if the merchant change his mind later.

----------------------------
    The following explain why i try to consolidate or deleting duplicate site profiles is not possible.

Example :

- One identical site, 26 site profiles created, named site profile A-Z

- I see most merchant relationships are with site profile A

- I want to move all other merchant relationships to site profile A too, then i can delete site profiles B-Z

- Now i have to apply for all merchants to approve my site profile A

- The obstacle is here. many merchants may not accept your site profile A, their action-->disable site profile A.
    Then you cannot go on.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread