I was just looking through BeFree to find new merchants. Sorry to say everyone I looked at was parasite affiliated in some manner or other. Boy, what a waste of my time that was.

Do you actually encourage your merchants to join these kinds of anti-affiliate programs? Otherwise, why are so many on your particular network?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Most merchants AM's at BeFree do not emulate TigerDirect's Andy. Some like Dealtime and Smartbargains play all the BHO angles but at least Gator is gone from their fold.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    "Do you actually encourage your merchants to join these kinds of anti-affiliate programs?"

I don't know if it is Befree or the merchant AMs who encourage it. The AMs probably have the greatest to gain.

quote:
    Originally posted by SSanf:

Do you actually encourage your merchants to join these kinds of anti-affiliate programs?

I know for sure they tell their at least one of their merchants that Ebates is not a parasite.

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

I am an AM (new to BeFree) and I seem to find many examples of fraudulent affiliates. I cannot imagine BeFree being of value in its current model.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    BeFree will never match ABW as to recruiting active affiliates. Just read thru the posts here and follow TigerDirect Andy's way of making sure he grows the number of affiliate checks he cuts every month. Most AM's take the short cut and just sign-on with the likes of ebates or WhenU and find the BHO wanks just rape their affiliate commission pool driving the others away.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

quote:
    I know for sure they tell their at least one of their merchants that Ebates is not a parasite.

Well, then I can tell you for sure that they are lying too.

I saw Ebates pop up twice this past weekend on affiliate sites that were properly coded to prevent interceptions by other parties. Guess Ebates was having *MORE* technical troubles!

Again.

< sarcasm> I guess it's good that Ebates technical glitches are always in there favor, as they'd be out of business in short order if it was the other way around, and the real referring site always got credit! < /sarcasm>

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread