Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I cannot believe that nobody has noticed this... Befree has just launched consolidated payments!!!

Be Free Introduces the 1-Check Program

Be Free recently launched BFAST® Express, a new version of its BFAST merchant software designed to meet the needs of small- and mid-size merchants. With this new product, Be Free also introduces the 1-Check program, which allows BFAST Express merchants to provide consolidated affiliate payments. If you become an affiliate of one or more of these merchants, the commissions you earn from them will be paid to you in one check.

The payment minimum for the consolidated check is $25. In order to allow affiliates time to join 1-Check merchants and start generating commissions, the first checks for the 1-Check program will be sent in August to affiliates that have met the consolidated payment minimum.

You can identify 1-Check merchants in the Partner Gateway by noting their special symbol . Merchants in the 1-Check program are identified in the Acclaim/1-Check column on the Join Merchants and My Merchant Partners sections. In the Merchant Detail, the 1-Check merchants have $25 Consolidated as their Payment Minimum.

New Affiliate Agreement for 1-Check Merchants

To become an affiliate of a Be Free 1-Check merchant, you must accept a new affiliate agreement. This agreement establishes a contractual relationship between you and Be Free for the 1-Check merchant's program. A new agreement is necessary because 1-Check programs require support from Be Free to facilitate consolidated payments and provide support. When you check the agreement terms checkbox and apply to 1-Check merchants on the Partner Gateway, you are indicating that you accept this new agreement.

Payment History Reports for 1-Check Merchants

If you partner with any of Be Free's 1-Check merchants, you have the option to run two different types of payment history reports. You can review a payment history for each of your 1-Check merchants, or you can use the 1-Check History report to review information about the consolidated checks that have been issued to you. The 1-Check History report also allows you to view detail for each check. This detail includes the Merchant Name, Commission Type, Description, and Amount for all merchants' payments that were included in a single check.

ABW Ambassador
    I read about this last night, but I'm not sure that any merchants have been identified yet. At least none of mine have.

Cool...I think this is a very good move on BeFree's part!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    But will it mean squat if the merchant such as my collectables merchant hasn't even bothered to pay a small $35 commission that I should have seen by now. Will cheques be held or is upfront money going to be required for them to do this.
    I am sure many questions will be raised, until all the details are known but otherwise the idea of aconsolidated program sounds good. Will have to look around some more and get full details. May make it worth to add a few more merchants.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    Consolidate payments would be nice, i guess we have to wait till the 27th to see what merchants opted for this. Maybe Scott can come by and give us a little more info.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

I was wondering when you guys would notice.

Yes, we're offering consolidated payment, but not yet for all merchants. We have recently launched a new merchant offering for the small-to-mid-size merchant called BFAST Express (look for y-intercept's recent post on this). These merchants get a much simplified interface and program management environment. There won't be much different to you, the affiliate, except that these merchants' payments will be consolidated. Otherwise, these merchants appear alongside the others in Partner Gateway.

In the next several weeks, you'll see more and more new merchants becoming available via this program. They can be identified by that 1-Check icon outlined in that message.

It's not full consolidated payment for all merchants, which I realize would be cool, but we will quickly form a significant set of new merchants who will have their payments consolidated. As a few of you have said, a significant step in the right direction. I'm personally very excited about this step -- it's been a long time coming.

WW's concerns are spot-on and we've got the payment process set up so that these merchants must have their account appropriately funded on an ongoing basis.

So keep an eye out in the next few days for the first merchants to become available.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Nice

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Sweet! Congrats!!!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Not bad.

Hopefully, once the old(big!) merchants see that consolidate payment merchants gets promoted more than themselves, they'll join as well.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Great move and I sure hope some of those who are near minimums for cutting me a check hop over the the BF lite version column.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

next: extend to all merchants
    next: international wire transfer

http://8n.nu/

I understand that this won't happen overnight, but this is great news.

With Befree at the moment you need to be fairly certain that you can make a shelfload of sales with your merchant partner, which tends to make these low-risk relationships.

1-Check will mean that you can build a new site around a set of products and just run it up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes.. in other words, it removes some of the risk for the affiliate and allows us to experiment in terms of marketing and targetting.

This certainly gets a big from me!

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

Affiliate:
    quote:
    I cannot believe that nobody has noticed this... Befree has just launched consolidated payments!!!

Actually I did notice and posted a minute before you

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    WTG Scott/BF.

i am sure BF will catch up with other networks in my commission ranking.

Currently, BF is the lowest in my case because

1. no consoldated payment = do not put much effort.

2. auto-country filter block my application = i have much less BF merchants generating earnings for me compare to other networks.

The strength and worth of any network is measured in the number of checks they send out every month ....period. BeFree wants to see that growth chart turn around and start moving upward. Good business decision to not rely upon the same top 20 sucking in all the commission revenue. If those Duper affiliates or BHO's get killed off for any reason the network's value to stock holders plunges.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

When do the One Check merchants start showing up in the categories. I tried finding evn one merchant in about 12 categories and ZIP were signed up to go from advertising campaigners to actually seeking partners wanting monthly paychecks.

Are there any takers yet??

Mike & Charlie ...

Mike,

Currently, 1-Check is available to new merchants who join in the new BFAST Express program. You'll start to see some in the next few days.

Our current merchants will not be able to migrate to consolidated payment at this time. We're walking before running. Believe me, there's nothing I'd like more than to make it available to all. We'll work toward that.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for the first new merchants in this program. The best way to find them will be by viewing all merchants and sorting the list by the 1-Check indicator.

I'm sure someone will point out here when the first one shows up.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Good move. I hope you let the old merchants in, and the minimums are dropped.

It was very clever: we ran up to within $5 of the $50 minimum with fogdog.com, and then all sales stopped cold. Over 500 click thrus a month looking for that one last sale to cash out. Never gonna happen, is it?

Scott,

I'm all for the consolidation, but only if it doesn't slow payment processing.

I have a merchant who I usually receive a check from between the 15th and the 20th of the month. Payment was approved through like the 20th, then "awaiting funds" till the 24th, and now "submitted" since then, when it usually took 1 day or less for BeFree to cut the check.

Were there any updates, or the 'lite' cause any slow-downs? I usually budget spending etc, based on when I receive payments, and until now could count on my budget being finished by this time of the month.

I HAD 4 BeFree merchants I tracked for over 1 year who did exactly this...

"Good move. I hope you let the old merchants in, and the minimums are dropped. It was very clever: we ran up to within $5 of the $50 minimum with fogdog.com, and then all sales stopped cold. Over 500 click thrus a month looking for that one last sale to cash out. Never gonna happen, is it?"

Even with seasonal new creatives and increasing clicks with frontpage coverage ALL of them never showed another sale. Some BF merchant AM's must have shared a secret on how to tag an account just under the minimum payout threshold and drop all sales reporting before sending BF a batch report. BF never catches on since they don't monitor individual affiliate accounts and only occassionally look at any merchants overall sales stats. Some merchants have gone month's never reporting a single sale on these networks and no one was the wiser. Once caught by a whistle blowing affiliate they exit the network.

Mike & Charlie ...

Steve,

Nothing but merchants' own internal factors would affect the timing of their payment processing. They are not tied in any way to the process introduced by the new 1-Check program.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    I think that is brilliant that you have started a consolidated program.
    I know that there is only one merchant available at the moment. I applied to join. I am a member of every single Befree affiliate program. However, your new merchant who is taking part in the consolidated part of your network has denied me!

I am not a super affiliate, however, I do quite well with my site. I am sure that I could have promoted this new merchant quite well. Obviously now I cannot

Why deny affiliates without first finding out if that affiliate can make sales?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

cjshoppingnetwork

you are lucky in fact,
    you physically based in US,
    so the auto reject filter not working for you.
    You can partner with all Befree merchants.

i just wish Befree to inform all merchants,
    before they set the filter,
    they should be aware clearly what they are doing.

The merchants want to block non-US websites or
    non-US persons?

If the merchants really just want to block non-US websites, please do not set up the address filter.

ABW Ambassador

Great news. I knew that BeFree would pull something like this as soon as I stopped following the company (the last of my VCLK stock flew out the door during the latest rally).

The consolidated payments is going to greatly reduce BeFree's processing expenses and increase revenues. I hope that a good number of the major beFree merchants will join the program. Until then, I like the fact that consolidated payments will give the little sites an advantage. Hopefully people move traffic from the big BeFree merchants to the consolidated payment merchants.

The great thing about consolidated payments is that consolidated payments makes it less risky to try out a merchant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast