ABW Ambassador
    I was wondering how everyone felt about Ebags at Befree? Do they convert well, pay on time, etc...Any comments would be appreciated.

Also any good inside contacts would be of value.

I have no experience with them, since I avoid Golbal Sports affiliate programs like the plague. Anything associated with them has been very problematic in the past.

"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." Bob Hope

Ebags is a good merchant and they have a well managed affilate program

In general, I think it is a very good program. They have a great site, good prices, and always have affiliate coupons. It is very professionally managed.

I did recently buy a bag myself, though, which didn't track. When I inquired, the affiliate manager told me he would look into it right away, but I still haven't seen the sale.

BTW - the bag is great.

Oh my goodness.. Ebags is one of the best programs around. Jeffery Reberry is one of the most ardent Affiliate mangers you could ever ask for. Just received there Live Data Feed and it is exceptional. How much more can I say for Ebags. The sales are exceptional - They are willing to work with you above and beyond....

If you ever get an opportunity to work with them I would advise you enjoy your opportunity. I have been with them since 1999 no complaints to this date.

[This message was edited by SandraR on May 28, 2003 at 05:22 AM.]

I just wanted to follow-up on my order that didn't track. I just heard from the aff manager that they are still in contact with Befree to sort it out, and he offered me a gift certificate. All of this was unprompted.

I'm going to raise my rating from "very good" to "absolutely top-notch." eBags is one of the few class-acts in affiliate marketing.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I used to have ebags banners and product links all over my sites. Never snagged a check from them in 3 years ...but then again I don't carry a purse.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

If they would disassociate themselves from ebates maybe some of us could get conversions.

Since ebates has been on Befree, my conversions with the Befree merchants that I carry have dropped to almost nothing. Was hoping that the COC would change all that. Will begin dropping all Befree merchants soon. Even Befree merchants that are not associated with ebates do not perform well for me anymore.

Gene
    TCS

What TCS Said and
    Same here went from getting a couple of checks every month, to last month where I earned a $1.30 for the whole month from all advertisers combined.

"It's your foot, you can shoot it if you want to." ~ Me

I have yet to understand the "No Money Critique".. My site has made no money, the program must be Yucky!

What happened to it may be your traffic level dropped ??? Could it be your content is no longer as sticky as it once was?????

But no one here will speak the truth, its so much easier to blame the merchant. Shame on you!

We all have our highs and lows in traffic and sales, lack of sales could be the NORMAL sales trend which is and has been a TREND.... For those not familiar with basic MBA studies the wave is a normal trend some years are good while other lack. Actually this is why marketing and advertising firms have an appeal!

Well said Sandra.

Sandra and Scott wake up and smell the roses. Sandra post your Last years stats for eBags and this years stats for eBags to show their power to convert targeted traffic.

I started with them when the had 5 banners and 10 text links and that was all. Had to beg them for category links and they never opted to do the work to put up product links. Scott might seek out a eBags supporter with kuddos as his job is to the paying BF merchants they are still in the recruiting game.

eBags has been around a lot longer than TD in a less competitive niche' market. We and the consumers easily can spell ebags.com into the Browser address bar, just like Dell.com, so these types of merchants rely upon diversions and one day cookies to keep from pay commissions. Scott can publish here their conversion ratio (average number of network tracked clicks to produce one sale) as a pro-active recruiting tool.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike,

I'm encouraging people to speak their own minds, even when it's not in line with your mantra. You're there in force to exhaust anyones attempt to make a point, you can take a little counter-balance, can't you? Afterall, there are two of you.

Besides, you certainly don't need encouragement -- on to 6000 posts Mike!

--
    scott@befree.com

May 1st to May 31st. My first month with ebags. All on traffic navigating from other parts of the site, as these pages are not indexed by google or any other SE.

IMP -3543
    CLICK - 77
    Products Ordered - 16

It is going to feel good when google comes back to life and actually indexes my eBags pages. Needless to say, I am building more now.

quote:
    consumers easily can spell ebags.com into the Browser address bar, just like Dell.com,

EcomCity sounds just as memorable as these. So what is your excuse. Is it really necessary to offer ill-informed opinions under the guise of "advice" to unsuspecting newbies who have honest concerns as they are trying to make a living?

Believe it or not EcomCity.com does get 16% of it's visitors from bookmarks and some e-mail links going out to the wholesale club memebers. They pay an annual fee to get those e-mails.

Scott obviously see the rebirth of ebags as he get's to look at their networkwide stats. If they come to ABW and honestly represent their programs commission potential then I'll add back in their Niche' links. Like I said I sent traffic to them for over 2 years without getting to their minimum. That was just fine with them as they never answered any of my e-mails.

Now I have to congratulate Nowires. You have set the all time sustained conversion record for any affiliate on any network for a product merchant. The 1 sale per every 5 clicks should allow you to become a millionaire pushing ebag products.

Mike & Charlie ...

Mike,

Its my belief you are doing eBags a serious injustice. I remember you from CJ's old community, your site traffic numbers were so much better then they are today (per the alexa traffic standing).

As I was stating in the previous post, there is always a trend on what sells and what does not. While doing this business and in the hopes of being successful in it, I decided to go back to school and obtain my MBA. Upon completion of this easy ha ha ha degree I finally understood a bit more about how the internet trends work. Not an insult to you, but you may wish to grab a few books on how business trends work.

Now to eBags not getting back to you, only banners and fighting to get categories "Join the club". Affiliate marketing has come a long way. I remember Begging CJ to get more products than just Books and Magazines. Affiliate directors have since come and gone, Jeffrey Raberry of eBags is one of my favorite directors to date. He offers numerous modes of communication: email, phone calls (he will call you), IM, and he is watching this board.

To let you know how serious I feel about all the wonderful eBags attributes, I have given up my commission to have eBags join ABW. My commission will be donated as a discount upon there signing. eBags knows this - as with all else in this world he must convince his immediates. All CEO's and Managers need to understand why this form of communication will increase sales!

I get a steady $20 epc with eBags

Well I have been looking for a handbag affiliate program and after reading the posts here, I thought I'd give ebags a go, so i went to their site - this is what I found:

quote:
    eBags currently accepts applications from the United States and Canada. To be an eBags affiliate, your mailing address must be from one of these regions.

We will accept applications from other countries as we expand our international shipping.

What the????? Why do merchants do this? Don't they realise that you can live in another country and still sell to the US - this is the world wide web after all. I live in Australia but all my sales through all my websites and my affiliate programs come from the US and Canada, shipped to the US and Canada - how do I know this, because the companies I am affiliated with only ship to the US and Canada -

Merchants that do this in my opinion are missing the whole point. Can anybody give me a good reason why merchants do this?

try to contact them by email, they've got affiliates outside the US so shouldn't be a problem if you explain to them...

btw, you can apply to ebags thru befree or thru CJ

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe I'm wrong but my impression of this thread is there is likely a couple of "dupers" in here pitching on behalf of ebags.

Sandra, your "over the top" - "I have given up my commission to have eBags join ABW" is just plain rediculus!

It seems to me the MBA you so like to refer to is nothing more than you being a
    Master Bullshitter Affiliate. LOL

You have 97 posts in this forum and you're going to make snide remarks to someone who has 6455? For someone who's supposed to be so smart, you should know better!

I earned my title honestly!

quote:
    Originally posted by midnightcoder:
    try to contact them by email, they've got affiliates outside the US so shouldn't be a problem if you explain to them...

btw, you can apply to ebags thru befree or thru CJ

thanks midnight coder - I know most merchants will make allowances if you email them personally but why on earth do they have this policy on their website - it makes them look silly.

ebags don't ship outside the US - some merchants think that means they can't accept affiliates outside the US

I've mail'd merchants in the past to explain what should be obvious and they have still replied 'sorry, we don't ship outside the US'. I don't bother any more, there are plenty of other merchants to choose from... why try to join one who hasn't a clue.

But with ebags I would say drop them an email, that is just an error imo.

quote:
    Originally posted by happypoon:
    You have 97 posts in this forum and you're going to make snide remarks to someone who has 6455? For someone who's supposed to be so smart, you should know better!

Happymoon,

Did you ever stop to think that a person not posting all the time might have more time constraints than others that have nothing better to do than sit at a web forum and chat all day. I must admit it never crossed my mind that I cannot maintain my business’ both Bricks & Mortar and online because I only posted to a web forum only 97 times. So glad you took the time to explain that to me.

If its your intention to complain about being accepted to a program… Seems to be an extremely rude way to go about getting accepted.

But what do I know I only posted to this forum 97 times.

I would have offered to recommend a few very good handbag programs, but I think you are a tad to busy posting in this forum to get any real work accomplished.

quote:
    Originally posted by midnightcoder:
    ebags don't ship outside the US - some merchants think that means they can't accept affiliates outside the US

I've mail'd merchants in the past to explain what should be obvious and they have still replied 'sorry, we don't ship outside the US'. I don't bother any more, there are plenty of other merchants to choose from... why try to join one who hasn't a clue.

But with ebags I would say drop them an email, that is just an error imo.

Thanks midnightcoder - I'll drop them a line -I'm leaving this thread now as it seems to be getting a little petty and I like to concentrate on the positive, so I'm off to build another site and hopefully make some money.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I would have offered to recommend a few very good handbag programs, but I think you are a tad to busy posting in this forum to get any real work accomplished.

I am busy posting in here at times but I do usually have very good intentions. I can't help it if my habits in here prevent me from earning any money..... Wanna donate some books or some cash to help out my cause?

Mike and Charlie are some of my favorites on this board so I always cringe when I see someone making light of his accomplishments.

None of us are right all the time and just as you choose to pretend to give advice and be senior to someone else, I choose to do the same to you. Two wrongs don't make a right - right? I can still live with myself though.

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread