Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Got an email from them to sign up for their new program at Befree.

They CC'd all the recipients, and just for a heads up, this was sent to ebates and igive.

Obviously this person hasn't been to ABW!

And please people, Blind CC emails!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

I actually signed up with them and did a little research. Anyone interested may want to check the BBB in Silicon Valley. I dropped them like a hot potato and then, a couple days later, received another "welcome letter". Somehow we were re-accepted to their program. I just dropped them again.

I just got another email from Surplus Computers. I removed myself from their program TWICE (only signed up once) and I'm still on their mailing list.

I was under the impression that when you leave a merchant, your email address would be purged as well.

ABW Ambassador
    How about a comment about this behavior, Scott? I think this merchant needs a warning.

I just received another Affiliate email!

There is no unsubcribe information on their website or that appears when you view the email. The only way to see the unsubscribe is to reply to or forward in plain text, or view the source (which is how I found it).

"This email is never sent unsolicited. You are receiving this email because you checked a box requesting a subscription for our mailing lists
    or ordered from our Web Site. If you have changed your mind, or if you subscribed by accident, removing your name is simple and painless: To unsubscribe please follow the instructions below to be removed from our future mailings! We apologize if you did not want to receive this email.

You are currently subscribed to webdeal...."

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ROLMAO ....Surplus Computers is infamous for pushing junk on the masses.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Uggghhh! I just signed up with them a day or so ago and was getting ready to put them on my site. Glad I came here first!

~Michelle

"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."

"Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I would like to take some time to reply to all the negative comments above and offer an explanation. I believe these comments are without merit. First let me give you a little background about our company

We are located in Santa Clara, CA about 5 minutes from the headquarters of Intel in a 40,000 square foot warehouse. We also have a 10,000 square foot retail store attached to the warehouse, which draws over 500 customers a day. In addition to our retail store, we also have a thriving website which has over 9,000 unique visitors a day. You can check our Alexa ranking as we are ranked below 20,000 to verify the traffic. We employ over 40 employees and have a very good reputation in the industry. Please check http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2391.html for a detailed and accurate experience of our customers.

I would now like to take some time to reply to all the negative comments above and offer an explanation.

#1- ellen-s4y
    -The reason we have an unsatisfactory rating with them is we had an employee who was VERY bad at responding to customer requests and complaints. This employee has long been terminated; this was over 18 months ago. If you would like a more accurate account of our customer's experience please goto http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2391.html
    Also, we do over 1000 transactions a day! It is impossible for us to please every customer, even though we make every effort to. Unfortunately, with some customers you cannot please them no matter what you do. The BBB lists had 31 complaints in 36 months, which is less than 1 per month.

I would like you to reconsider your affiliate status with us as we value every partner and believe you would benefit from partnering with us. Some affiliates are have generated over $1100 in commissions since they joined our program less than 3 weeks ago.

#2-Ecomcity.com
    I do not understand why you would say we are “infamous for pushing junk on the masses”. We have the HIGHEST rating of ANY DISCOUNT LIQUIDATOR on the Internet. You have Overstock.com and Tigerdirect.com as affiliates and their rating from Resellerratings.com is 5.11 and 6.40, which is way below the average of 8.41. So you can ROLMAO BUT your affiliates have much worse customer satisfaction than we do. Our rating through Resellerratings.com is 9.07. In fact, I would invite you to become one of our affiliates and reap the benefits of being one.

Here are the ratings from Resellerratings.com for some of the top discounts computer liquidator sites.
    This is a guideline of averages, which Resellerratings.com uses, so you can judge the reseller against other resellers. This average is based on reviews of 4341 companies and 85641reviews.

High Average: 9:50
    Average Reseller: 8:41
    Low Average: 5.68

SurplusComputers.com-9.07 (305 Reviews)
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2391.html

Justdeals.com-4.55 (113 Reviews)
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1685.html

Compgeeks.com-6.03 (556 Reviews)
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2103.html

Overstock.com-5.11 (63 Reviews)
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1634.html

Tigerdirect.com-6.40(513 Reviews)
    http://resellerratings.com/seller1983.html

#3-Michelle
    I would not worry about us. We are a very reputable company and many affiliates are doing very well with us. In fact, one affiliate has made over $1100 in the 2 weeks he has signed on with us. We have one of the highest commission rates for any online computer reseller and you know you will get paid, since we are using Befree.com.

Hopefully , I have answered all the questions and cleared up some of the misinformation being bantered around regarding Surpluscomputers.com I would invite anyone who wants to become an affiliate to join our program. We offer many benefits over our competitors.

#1) Unlike, many other websites, our name encourages customers to click on the banner or link. When people see the name Surpluscomputers.com they INSTANTLY KNOW that we sell low priced computers and peripherals! NO EXPLAINING needs to be done about what we do.

#2) We have a great product select and have a VERY high conversion rate of impressions-clickthroughs and clickthroughs to purchases. Which means more money for you!

#3) We will customize a banner for you site upon requests. If you need one of a certain size we will be more than happy to create one for you.

#4) Because we are associated with one of the leaders in Affiliate Marketing, Befree, you know your commissions will be paid. And paid in a timely fashion. Befree is VERY selective about who is allowed into their program and we would not be admitted if we were not a reputable company.

If anyone has any comments please feel free to contact me at mmak@surpluscomputers.com or 408/327-0420 Ext.101

Sincerely,

Mike Mak
    President
    Surplus Computers

ABW Ambassador
    Mike
    Care to comment on Connies post?

Mad Doctor Gfufy

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi Mike and welcome to ABW.

You might want to address connie's first post in this thread and ellen's issue regarding the inability to remove herself from your email list. Receiving unsolicited emails is a big turn off for affs.

Also Connie brought up the fact that igive and ebates were on that contact list. You might to take a look at these area's on the boards http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=9846065213 and http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...9&f=7366046301 and share your thoughts on this with the affiliates here. This is an issue for many affiliates here.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Guffy,

When someone is accepted into Befree's Affiliate Marketing program they are given a list of top performing affiliates to solicite into their program. Flamingoworld.com must have been on the list. I am sure it was a honest mistake by our Affiliate program manager.

Mike Mak
    President
    Surplus Computers

Mr. surpluscomputers

I think most of the people here would like to know your stance on parasites seeing as at least two of them (ebates and igive) were mentioned in connies post.

Take care
    YouTrek.com

Mike,

If I understand you correctly, when you joined BF they provided an email contact list of top performers for you to recruit. And ebates and igive were on that last provided to you.....

COC my @ss....shame on you BF.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

What prompted me to check the BBB was my husband had bought from you in the past and told me I would be better off NOT joining.

You never addressed why, after removing myself from the program, I was "re-joined", or why I'm still receiving affiliate emails after removing myself a second time.

I think your ebay feedback says it all.

LOL ...the animated gremlins are getting to me!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Ellen,

Our Ebay feedback does not say it all. Sometimes we have products we do not have time to test or sell AS-IS with no warranty. Some of those products are put up on Ebay for sale with a CLEARLY POSTED DISCLAIMER: This product has not been tested. No warranty or Support is given. Please bid accordingly.

If you take the time to look at the negative feedback it has mostly to do with products people purchased
    "AS-IS, without a warranty" and are now having buyers remorse. Infact, please look at all the POSITIVE feedbacks we have, 2970 positive feedbacks with 145 negatives.

Tigerdirect has 5461 positive feedbacks and 251 Negatives.

IBM has 3393 Positives and 115 negatives

I do not believe, with the volume of auctions we do, the amount of negative feedback is excessive.

Your name not being remove and was a mistake. Please send me your email address and I will make sure you will be removed from the list.

Mike Mak
    President
    SurplusComputers.com

Gordon, BLFH,

Unfortunately, I do not know what "parasites" are and cannot comment on IGIVE and Ebates. I will look into the matter of parasites this weekend.

Mike Mak
    President
    Surpluscomputers.com

Short story is parasiteware is software applications which can divert other affiliates earnings to themselves and garner commissions from merchants that is not truly affiliate traffic (ie direct type ins to the merchant's site).

If you have any questions while looking over the information this weekend, feel free to PM and I'll be happy to try and answer them.

Having both looked over your site and going back over my dealers complaint list I see I have your confused with Computer Surplus Outlet. Different company and I have bought from you when you were known as Software & Stuff.

I apologise for the confusion and will join up for your program as I'm a firm believer in buying refurbs, closouts and end of run computer products.

Mike & Charlie ...

B,

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by surpluscomputers:
    Gordon, BLFH,

Unfortunately, I do not know what "parasites" are and cannot comment on IGIVE and Ebates. I will look into the matter of parasites this weekend.

Mike Mak
    President
    Surpluscomputers.com

Hi Mike,

Welcome to my jungle...

Let me know if you need anything...

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

Hey Mike,
    How long does it take you all to approve applications?

We approve all applications within 24 hours! The quicker we get you approved... the quicker we can start making money together!

Mike Mak
    President
    Surplus Computers
    Surpluscomputers.com

It is one thing to get an email solicitation from a merchant trying to recruit. What worries me is the lack of concern for people's privacy and the cc emailing. Everyone who got the email could see everyone elses email addresses. Makes me wonder how you would treat the privacy of those customers I would send you.
    That sent off big warning signals to me.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Mike,

I hope that you can let us know as soon as possible concerning the parasiteware issue. Many here will not join your program if parasites are affiliates of yours as they sadly appear to be.

Just so that you are aware, parasiteware is a huge issue for affiliates.

Has anyone checked any lists to see if Mike's program is on them?

Thanks, and welcome.

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast