Hi Everyone:

I applied to some merchants on BeFree the other day. I had an old website already listed that isn't built yet. I added another site that is working. I then applied using the new, working site.

I then got a bunch of rejections from merchants saying that my site wasn't built yet. A few mentioned the unbuilt site in their emails.

My question: Why did BeFree send the merchants the info that I was applying under the unbuilt site when I specifically chose the working site?

Now I would like to apply again using a third site that I have added (another working site). The problem is, the merchants that I chose and that rejected me the first time around (due to the problem above) can no longer be seen in the "View My Merchants" category. Some of the merchants said in their emails to apply again with a working site. How do I do that if BeFree hides the merchants after the first time around?

Does anyone have an idea about this? I emailed BeFree about this, but don't have a response yet.

Thanks for your help,

Bill

Driverxman,

Yes, there's an issue when sometimes merchants will see an old site in your profile even though you've applied with a new one.

Your email will get you assistance on this but can sometimes take a few days. If you'd like to drop me a note, I'll make sure.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

Retired Member
    Setup a new account with a new username and reapply with that account. Just list the working site in your new application. Don't list the non-working sites.

That should work.

Later you can consolidate accounts if you wish.

Retired Member

This brings up a good point. How do you delete an old site? I have 2 sitting there that aren't valid and if I'm not careful, I often apply with one of them. Can I delete them somehow?

Same question - this has been a longstanding problem for us too.
    They should have been able to come up with a way, by now, that we could purge the system of any reference to our idled websites with a simple click.

We do know it's a problem, it hasn't made it to the top of the list to get resolved.

In the meantime, you can rename your sites. So rename them to something like 'delete', or even better 'z-delete'

Kludgy yes, but I thought it worth a little face to offer up a workaround that I know some affiliates use.

--
    scott@befree.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread