ABW Ambassador
    I am looking at Free Car Directory because it is part of the one check program.

Unfortunately, all of my scam filters are flashing big time when I look at the program. It appears is that the end user is supposed to pay $29. This then puts them in a database that would get them in contact with advertisers wanting to buy ad space on cars.

Having the end user pay upfront for this type of service really wreaks of a scam. After all, the flow of money in this type of industry is from the advertiser.

BTW: I donate some time to the homeless shelter. So I meet people on the margin. They would love something like this as it would off set the cost of going to work...but I hate scams. Especially those that prey on the weakest members of the society.

sound thinking

ABW Ambassador
    Can't say if this program is a scam, but here's a link to someone that looked into one of these deals:
    http://www.cockeyed.com/citizen/freecar/free_car1.html

Another link:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/articles/freecar.htm

Wayne

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Red flags going off everywhere. A privacy info sales operation on the front end and a e-mail listbroker spam feeder on the backside. The top link above was great as the guy furnishes the purchased list of FreeCar links for you to browse. Hey baby ...if it says FREE it's a scam for spammers. In this case the perps get to keep the 30.00 entry fee. Shame on BeFree!!!

Most important is checking out cockeyed.com research into where those 3 billion "work at home" and "lose weight" signs stapled to telephone poles or plasters on Mall parking lots windshields come from .....MLM Herbalife. That alone would justify banning all MLM posts at ABW.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    If beFree lite takes on more subpar merchants like this, they will need to give the affiliate market better info (like an EPC figure) so we can objectively separate wheat from chaffe.

I am always amazed when networks (even those that aren't really a network) push out stuff like this.

sound thinking

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread