Do you think befree will ever be doing the redirected image thing so that there's not a separate tracking pixel and banner image?

I use the banners rotation system that came with my community/forum website software and it only has entries for the banner image and the click link..

This wasn't an issue for long before, since I moved to TD's internal program once it opened, but now I'm looking at a few merchants that only have a BF program..

It's really simple to integrate.. I can show ya how.. I'm sure your developers all know..

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

quote:
    Do you think befree will ever be doing the redirected image thing so that there's not a separate tracking pixel and banner image?

Ever? maybe. In the very near term? not likely.
    I'm under the impression (sorry) that to most, impressions are just not the most useful reporting statistics for most affiliates. A very large percentage of affiliates take them out.

quote:
    It's really simple to integrate.. I can show ya how.. I'm sure your developers all know..

Simple in concept, yes. Simple to put in a system that processes thousands of transactions per second without skipping a beat, not so much. I won't be dropping it in this weekend.

Seriously, it's been on the list, but remains behind other things, and it's not hard for new things to get on the list in front of it. Just not an important enough issue based on feedback.

Any other closet impression watchers out there want to chime in?

--
    scott@befree.com

quote:
    Originally posted by ScottJ:
    I'm under the impression (sorry) that to most, impressions are just not the most useful reporting statistics for most affiliates. A very large percentage of affiliates take them out.

Part of the issue is that I have my own ipression tracking system and don't need, personally, to rely on the reports at reporting.net for that.

Primary issue of course is the statement on every linking page that if I don't include it, I'm likely to be dropped.

CJ has semiformally announced that they don't care if the merchant doesn't - I take it you're doing the same?

--
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own." – Benjamin Disraeli
    --
    Ford Fox-body Owners Club -- http://www.ford-fox.org

>>I'm likely to be dropped. <<

Well, that's not quite the tone. It basically warns that if you screw up the link code, your sales may not be tracked.

While I cannot speak for the merchants, we've never taken any stance on the impression tags being a requirement and I don't anticipate that we will.

So while the impression tag isn't technically required for tracking a sale to a clickthrough, the above warning stands, if you modify the links, you may affect your own tracking.

--
    scott@befree.com

[This message was edited by ScottJ on August 23, 2003 at 10:02 PM.]

We've never used the 1x1.. I've only had one merchant contact me and they said, you have more sales than impressions, fix your code or we'll drop you! Go figure, why would they care.. Anyway, I have many scheduled tasks running daily, so I just added one that opened a web page that had a bunch of their 1x1's on it.. That should fix them! BTW, they are a LS merchant, not Befree.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread