Do any of you know what all parasites Vermont Country Store is affiliated with?

The last time I checked they were affiliated with:
    Golden Retriever - shopathomeselect.com
    whenu

Something is VERY screwy with my stats so it is either that or the parasites.

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You can safely assume that if they don't post at ABW they're infested with all the common BHO's. Or maybe they're just a little bit pregnant.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "You can safely assume that if they don't post at ABW they're infested with all the common BHO's."

Not! An unwillingness to schmooze does not equal a willingness to steal!

Although when a place WAS posting here and then closes their forum, there's usually something rotten going on (otherwise the heat in their kitchen wouldn't have gotten so hot).

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

weeeelllllll, let's see,

the are associates with Igive.

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

quote:

quote:
    You can safely assume that if they don't post at ABW .....

I usually just assume that they are more interested in getting on with the business of selling whatever it is that they sell, than in fielding the constant whines and accusations "theft" or "traffic diversion" by crybabies who couldn't sell a snow cone to a Saudi.

quote:
    I usually just assume that they are more interested in getting on with the business of selling whatever it is that they sell, than in fielding the constant whines and accusations "theft" or "traffic diversion" by crybabies who couldn't sell a snow cone to a Saudi.

I understand but.... I am cominng from the stand point of getting a nice check every month since I started with them over a year ago to seeing not one single sale for an entire month.

Nothing has changed - traffic, click throughs, keywords, search engine placement, etc...

So, I don't think I am being a crybaby - just a concerned affiliate who knows how to market "snowcones."

Vicki

NoWires your so full of it. Putting out some BS signal that the AM's with dying programs are spending all their time devising WAYS TO SELL products is pathetic. I've been in this affiliate & ecommerce sales business since 1997. I have never uncovered one new way to honestly SELL products through affiliates that wasn't first introduced and spread through ABW.

So much for the rant as I back up Vicki. Now for some insight from someone who operates the highest converting product merchant site on the internet for 4 years running.

"There are only two types of people ...Givers and Takers. Both easy to recognize and deal with. The real problem makers in life are those who give a little and take a bunch." ....Webmaster Mike

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

So much for the rant as I back up Vicki. Now for some insight from someone who operates the highest converting product merchant site on the internet for 4 years running.

Plz.

Website has averaged 1 sale per 20 visitors for 4 years strait. Got any challengers in mind? Yesterday was kinda slow 582 unique visitors and only 78 sales.

Mike & Charlie ...

quote:
    Originally posted by NoWires:
    quote:

quote:
    You can safely assume that if they don't post at ABW .....

Take a look at this and tell us it dosent happen and no one can sell...

I look for the day, when every affiliate from every nation can climb to the mountain top and yell,
    'Free again, Free Again."

Today is a national day of parasite free shopping.

quote:
    Originally posted by Gearshopper:
    Take a look at this and tell us it dosent happen and no one can sell...

Well, after looking at your video, it seems that iGive is freely filling their pocketbooks again at the expense of other affiliates. And if auto-redirecting on affiliate links for VermontCountryStore, I'm sure it's probably being done on any other merchant associated with them.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I got whenu when I went through the same link from Allen's video.

That link was a straight befree link. Neither igive nor whenu should have shown up per the COC. This is a direct violation of the COC. Not that I expect a thing to be done with regards to evidence of COC violation. We are getting close to the holiday shopping season after all. I'm sure it's all just a coincidence to be seeing auto redirections of aff links that we were not seeing a couple of months ago.

But to your question Vicki. If you've been seeing enough sales to get monthly checks and are now seeing not even one sale, I would say that there is probably something more than just the increased activity of the parasites. Has VCS changed anything with their links? If you have not done so already, you may want BF or Scott to check your account.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Has anyone contacted them about this? Maybe you should send them the info so they can see for themselves.

Save your web ink Annie for those who would actually get offended by blatant re-directs and BHO popups. Even some top major brands handled by the likes of EcomWorks.com will never respond till they go under with that group imploading on their own greed.

Mike & Charlie ...

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    I've been in this affiliate & ecommerce sales business since 1997. I have never uncovered one new way to honestly SELL products through affiliates that wasn't first introduced and spread through ABW.

Mike & Charlie ...

Mike:

I've only been here a few months. I'd like to know what some new ways to honestly sell products through affiliates that were first introduced through ABW? Thanks!

Gabe

ABW Ambassador
    As far as parasites go, Vermont Country Store is pretty well infected. Sadly, though, it really doesn't matter(except for WhenU, which seems to re-direct the actual clicks) - since they don't have a cookie! All sales are session based so there is no cookie to overwrite!!

I actually think they might be receptive to someone who could write well and "educate" them on the parasite issues. I honestly think they don't know about this whole thing - I've had some email correspondance with the AM and she is quite nice.

Jim

quote:
    Originally posted by jimh009:

I actually think they might be receptive to someone who could write well and "educate" them on the parasite issues. I honestly think they don't know about this whole thing - I've had some email correspondance with the AM and she is quite nice.

Jim

Been there and done that... sigh... I wrote them a while back about parasites - gave them links to do further reading.

At first they were receptive but then they asked BeFree. I got another letter from them and they said that BeFree had assured them that these companies were NOT parasites and were well within the COC!!!

I did get a letter today from BeFree stating that the tracking from Vermont was working. Have not heard from vermont yet.

sigh....

Vicki

Allen,

If you look closely, you will see that it's a local short cut to the domain which isn't how it operates on the site. I've taken a screenshot from your movie.

The link on 'live' mouse over is:

http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click...e=home_pg_text

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread