Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is getting ridiculous. Displaying their affiliate links is like a long term investment. I may get the money by the time I'm retirement age.

I am the affiliate of eBay since April, 2003. Till now have not received from them any cent. My "May Payment" eBay denied and April Payment is in "Awaiting Funds" status. I wrote to their technical support (ebayaffiliates@befree.com) and have not received any explanation, any letter from them....! Is it cool?

My understanding is that March and April payments are currently in process. The funds are in transit and depending on how quickly things clear, checks should go out by next week. Keep an eye on that payment status. When you see it change to submitted to processor, then it's in the home stretch.

Can't tell you what's up with your May payment, Jack. If you sent a note to ebayaffiliates@befree.com, I'm certain you'll get a reply.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

Well, I'm pulling my eBay links.

Still says "awaiting funds." I'm better off selling the exact same items through PetsMart. They pay.

Still no payment for the three months worth of commisions I am owed.

Has anyone been paid since April?

Is this an ongoing problem? Awhile back I switched my links because a number of ABWers were saying how much better eBay was at Befree than CJ - no reversals, etc. Now I have my first eligible payment waiting at Befree since July 1, so I came here to find information about how quickly they pay, and this! Sure, I saw alot of reversals with CJ and it's a bummer - it's a bummer even now to see $0 leads, but I could always count on that check coming!

I think I am going to switch back to old reliable, even if old reliable is not perfect.

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first."

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Now you know what I mean when I say that the most important thing is that CJ PAYS!

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    I would switch back to CJ with Ebay. With the new system you get no more reversals.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    Bingo to Leader.

Ebay has gone from a solid monthly check, to a lottery merchant*. While something in me kinda likes lottery merchants when I know they will pay (i am sure ebay will), I also don't mind being able to count on a check.

*I call any merchant who pays so long after the fact a lottery merchant. You have done the work, jotted down what was owed you, but it all happened so long ago you almost forget it, so when you finally get the check, it is like you won the lottery.

Chet

Well, I have to have my checks to pay for Google Adwords and my ISP. They won't wait till I win the lottery.

I also have no doubt that eBay will pay but I'm still a small time player and this causes me cash flow problems.

Yeah, well, chalk it up to a lesson learned!

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first."

This is disheartening news If they're not paying I'm outta here.

Is it ebay not paying BeFree or is Befree not passing on the dosh to the affiliates?

Ah well, time to switch links again

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

Same problem here with Ebay. Payment period July 1st, minimum met, check their "Payment History", it says they pay monthly. I mistakenly took that to mean if you meet the minimum on the 1st, you'll have check by end of that month. It really means payment is made 1 month out of the year, and they haven't decided which month to pay out on yet this year, but hey, at least it's now down to a 1 in 5 chance and not a 1 in 12, right?

I think BeFree has to either update how and when merchants pay with correct information, or force crap payers like this into the 1-check program. At least in the 1-check they have to put some escrow up front.

What do you think Scott, any way of moving a company that just posted record profits on the stock market to pony some of that money up to the people who helped get them some of those profits?

quote:
    It really means payment is made 1 month out of the year, and they haven't decided which month to pay out on yet this year, but hey, at least it's now down to a 1 in 5 chance and not a 1 in 12, right?

Well, I am just going to switch my links back to CJ - like leader says, they always pay!

tmd5, it's eBay not paying. But you don't have this problem at CJ.

well, i guess this explains why i still havent received my may payment?

btw, i use the exact asme links thru befree that i did at cj, but for some reason i couldnt convert at cj. i think it had something to do with the links hanging for a very long time.

id say id rather wait to get paid than to NOT get any earnings...

but still, why arent they required to pay us when they are supposed to.

they are the only merchant i use at befree, who i am not a fan of anyways. this IS why i stopped using them a while back.

i dont work for free!

I finally got my payment for April referral fees. To be fair I got it in July, but didn't get around to posting here.

Still, I think it's ridiculous. If they want to pay quarterly they should say so.

Hrmpph! [begin pout] I want mine! [/end pout]

I never did have a problem converting with them at CJ, it was just those darned depressing reversals. The new reporting system helps, but I think experiencing it both ways, I'd still prefer CJ even with all the reversals.

going thru my spamarrest account, i found this letter from ebay (it was blocked as spam)----

Thank you for your message. We apologize for the inconvenience. The May checks will be sent soon, probably alongside the June ones.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Damien
    eBay Affiliate Team

-----

seems rather vague, but at least it is a response!

I've come to the conclusion, whether at BeFree or CJ, Ebay's affiliate program sucks. All of their links will be removed by the end of the weekend. It's time to concentrate their website-eating space on merchants who pay.

Well, I've got "payable" for June, July, and August, all months min payment met.

Back to CJ the links go. Luckily, I saved the old pages , cj links and all.

Actually, like Amazon, I find eBay a great way to pick up some money on items that have no other decent way to market them as an aff marketer. At this point, those three months make a house payment (okay, okay, my house payment is pretty low), but I have two kids starting orthodontry this month, and cash is better flowing than showing as a statistic.

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's back to cj the links do go!

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

I wrote to them regarding this issue, and to eBay's credit, I received a quick reply stating that because of the commission restructure, the May payments have been delayed, and so have any subsequent ones. And that once they get the May payments out, the other ones will follow - AND that they would be on time from then on.

So we'll see. I'm still leaning towards CJ.

I always get paid by ebay but then again when my leads are credited as this it is no wonder

Type Status Corrected Amount Commission Action Name Web Site Advertiser
    Lead New No $0.00 $0.00 Registration Guesswho.com eBay.com

Take care
    YouTrek.com

well, here we are at the end of august and i STILL have no check from ebay!

no, i wouldnt sign up for them at cj either. i mean it is ebay that is refusing to pay.

and for befree to allow them to keep making claims that they pay monthly is outrageous....

i guess a contract means nothing nowdays... well, unless you enforce it

no response from the peanut gallery eh??

way to go befree....

this is why i never use your company. if i want to give away free advertising, ill give it to friends of mine, that would APPRECIATE it, not billion dollar companies floating off my free ads and doing the financial float, making even more by making interest of my unpaid earnings

im going to expect interest and late charges to be paid on my unpaid earnings.

til then i will remove their links, luckily they are on redirects and itll only take me about a minute

bumpety bump....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast