my gateway sites get more than 500 clicks in sept. but still no sale...

i think there are lots of competitors in this area, I couldnt understand how affiliates making money in computer related sector... I tried tigerdirect and gateway. I think in affiliate marketing, my biggest fault is, joining these merchant and promote them...

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Scott should volunteer to publish here the networkwide conversion stats for his computer related merchants. Newbee SurplusComputers obviously tracks sales and TigerDirect under Andy's helm batted 1/60 for 2 years in a row.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I have been buying Dell computers for years and I never buy the first time I click on the site. I configure it, think about it awhile, configure it again.

Well basically I am a tightwad. It takes me several weeks before I will hit the buy button and part with my money on big ticket items.

Also I already know where I am buying from so I go there direct. If I am not familiar with Dell & Gateway I might come through your site the first time, but I still have to think about it before I spend that much money.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Mike Dell can quote your the exact number of visits it takes for an average sale coming from Dell.com. That's why he believes in a sesson only cookie and TV Ads with a non-commissionable cookie cutting URL landing page.

Their most successful smoke & mirror diversion trick is to have 2 networks sending Dell.com referrals with a hidden cookie cutter, if the shopper crosses over the invisible line between Dell Home and Dell Small biz systems.

Been awhile since I threw something in a Dell cart. Upon checkout they used to POPUP a security alert scaring online shoppers to only trust ordering via the 1-800 call center at India labor rates.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I average between $0.90 to $1.20 per click (each click, not 100, not 1000) to Dell Small Business through BeFree. Alas, Gateway isn't anywhere near that ballpark.

Gateway - 512 clickthrus, 9 orders.
    Dell Business - 802 clickthrusl, 32 orders.
    Dell Home - 1717 clickthrus, 67 orders.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread