I'm new to the affiliate business and I am not a member of any ad networks yet. My future plans are based on datafeeds. I can (and do on examples) manipulate them but they're useless unless I'm a member of a network and merchant and unless I got an ID.
    Here is my problem right in this point: I don't have any personal or commercial websites that I own. And as you know all the networks and merchants ask for a referencing URL to apply for. I'm a web developer and I can also do some design works but I did not create a website for myself ever. I need some guidance about that cause I stuck in this point.

Do you recommend me to create a useless content site (it will be useless since my business plans aren't based on content sites yet) or do you recommend me to create a site with a datafeed and give it as a reference (Can the site still work without a valid ID? Not getting any payments yet is ok for me).
    Do networks need that referencing URL to see the potential of the site?

What is this thread to do with BeFree: I want to apply to BeFree and I wanted to hear advices from BeFree affiliates and also from Scott.
    Thanks already people.

NoviL
    In Google we trust!

ABW Ambassador
    When I first started, I had no site, and I was accepted by the networks. However, a lot of the individual merchants will deny you if you do not have a site. I re-applied once I had a working site, and almost all have now accepted me into their program. Some took several attempts

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

Contact individual merchants directly and explain what you are doing. Many will appreciate the opportunity for exposure on a new site where they dont need to share space with their competitors.

It is much more clear for me now. I thank you both. Now I think I have to write some e-mails.

NoviL
    In Google we trust!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread