Tonight's maintenance window brought us some new functionality in Partner Gateway.

I'm tired, so I'll take the easy way out and paste the info from Partner Gateway, see below. You can get to these reports in the Site Stats section. The new reports are grouped at the bottom of the report droplist.

quote:
    Be Free is pleased to announce four new reports that are available on the Partner Gateway. These reports are updated throughout each day to give you timely information about the performance of you programs and will help you make daily decisions about their link placements. These reports give you access to information a full day before it appears in the other Partner Gateway reports. The following reports are now available:

Daily Performance by Merchant: This real-time report displays click-through and transaction data by merchant that is updated throughout each day. Not all merchants supply Be Free with the data types necessary to support this real-time report. The report will display real-time click-through data for all merchants. Merchants that send transaction data to Be Free once a day instead of throughout the day are notated with an asterisk (*).

Daily Performance by Site: This real-time report displays, for each of an affiliate's sites, click-through and transaction data that is updated throughout each day.

Daily Performance by FlexTrack ID: This real-time report displays, for each FlexTrack ID, click-through and transaction data that is updated throughout each day.

Transaction Detail: This real-time report shows detailed information about each transaction including the site from which the transaction originated, the merchant name and ID, the affiliate site name and ID, the date and time of the transaction, the transaction amount, the FlexTrack ID if applicable, and the product name and ID where available.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Real time reporting?? If so

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

15 years and counting
    Scott,
    I've a pb. It seems your css files are missing. All the fonts are the default ones. I've no stats on the front page.
    But it could be my browser. I'll try to check with an other computer tomorrow.
    I'm still able to see a few things and it looks like it's going to help us.
    Thanks for all your work in improving BeFree. I appreciate.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Working now, nice. Just feeding the stat checking addiction

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    Nice.

Although the 'Daily Performance By Merchant' returns a popup box when selected with 'The date you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid date.'

What date did you choose? It can't tell you what you're going to sell tomorrow

Seriously, I've not seen that. What date range did you choose? What browser are you using?

Edited: What am I thinking? You shouldn't be able to pick a date range for that report. Did you have a date range option for that report?

--
    scott@befree.com

[This message was edited by ScottJ on September 19, 2003 at 08:50 AM.]

Hi Scott,
    All reports new and old type give this error:

The data in the report cannot be retrieved in the time permitted. You may want to choose a shorter date range to retrieve less data.

Thanks

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Scott,

BF continues to get better everyday. You guys really took the clue one year ago and it's been nothing but improvement after improvement.

Congratulations, you are well on your way to becoming the leader in this industry....

I'm using your express version on one of my new merchants and all i can say is that it ROCKS !!!

Now, if only we can do something about that MMM technology glitch....you coul really say that you were "BeFree" of parasites...

You have impressed us with every move you have made, take care of your affiliate family and do the right thing...

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

ABW Ambassador
    There are no stats.

Scott,

I checked out the new real-time reporting this morning. It's a nice new feature. Keep up the good work.

Bombalini

Freeality,

Yes, there seems to be a very sporadic issue that doesn't have anything to do with the amount of data you're querying.

If you get that problem, give it a few minutes and try again.

We're looking into that.

--
    scott@befree.com

Jimbo, please see my reply to Freality.

--
    scott@befree.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Very nice addition to your arsenal of BeFree reports. Everytime BF improves my sales on the other networks tumble. It's like their is only so much power available to the combined affiliate network. If a BHO gets kicked to the curb the BF lights brighten. If BF improves and their merchants have all the tracking switches on CJ and LS seem to go into a blackout.

I must admit. Any BF merchant that asks for Scotts help to verify their sales tracking begins to show better conversion ratios attracting new recruits.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Works now.
    Great improvement.
    Thanks Scott

ABW Ambassador
    Looks good now. Excellent new features.

Thanks for the feedback.

An update...the problem reported by a few of you earlier is fixed. One of the servers that serves up Partner Gateway was misbahaving which explains the randomness.

It was pulled out of the cluster, whipped into shape, and is now back in.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Scott,

I'm using Opera 7, set to identify as MSIE 6.0.

Choosing any of the 'Daily Performance by x' changes the form layout, then a click on 'run report' brings up the error box.

I know you'll just tell me to use IE though.

Pete, use Mozilla Firebird. (my now favorite browser.)

Seriously, we're aware of some Opera issues and I hope we can do something to fix them. It's just not a show-stopper come launch time.

--
    scott@befree.com

I'm digging the Transaction Detail Report.

Just one thing though. Under Order Type, it shows an S or an O. Is it safe to assume this means Shipped and Ordered?

The Merchandise Type field is real handy as well. It makes the things like eBay clicks useful on my end now by telling me the category the bids were placed in. Neat stuff.

WTG Befree!

------------------------------
    Scott
    TravelDepot.Net

Yes, those are order and ship records and you'll see that each sale will usually have an O and an S. Those represent a single sale, not two. You don't get commission until an S record appears (something ships).

Many merchants give us a O and S record at the same time, others give us the O record when the order happens and later the S.

There are also C and R records, cancellation and return.

You're seeing right under the covers at what we have in the system representing transactions. It can get confusing and may not be for the faint-hearted, but we decided that more info to you guys would be worth some confusion to some. Based on feedback, perhaps we can change how it is presented over time.

I'm glad you like it Scott.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

ScottJ, please pass along my thanks to all those involved in making these new features available. They're great and I appreciate them! It's nice to be able to see what products have been sold and all on one page.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread