ABW Ambassador
    Hey Scott, what's your comments on the CJ deal?

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Yes, I'm curious too. Tons of discussion on the CJ forum, but no one here is even talking about it. How do BeFree affiliates feel about this?

Linda Buquet :: 714.754.1280 :: AM Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Doubt either CJ or BF can say much about any of it right now until things are actually inked. We'll probably just all have to suffer through a period of speculation for now.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

I can't really say much about it but I do think it's exciting news.

As you've seen in the news stories, integration is planned but it's too early for details. Personally, I look forward to the new opportunities and challenges.

--
    scott@befree.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I sure hope Scott is setting in place a de-lousing procedure for the CJ affiliates and merchants before integration. He sure can tell management that the ABWers demand some honest conversion rating system on this huge pool of merchants. If we ever can be enticed to pull and replace link codes due to tracking changes then this will be the #1 determining factor justifying the effort.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    The really bad news is that there is going to have to be a duel between Scott and Todd to see which one stays on ABW.

Personally, I think we do enough complaining here to keep two moderators busy.

(Come to think of it, maybe it will be a battle to see which one gets relieved of ABW duty.)

sound thinking

I vote Let's keep Scott!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    I vote Let's keep Scott!

Connie Berg

Nothing personal against Todd, however Scott has always solved all my past and present BF / Merchant problems...my vote goes to Scott !

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

I have contacted Scott at 2 in the morning and gotten replies back right away.
    The guy never sleeps.

Connie Berg

ABW Ambassador
    Scott is great. BeFree is the only network that had an upgrade that was actually an upgrade. LS stays the same, and Performics and CJ upgrades seem to go backwards

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    Scott sure put me in my place when I took a shot at BeFree figuring it was the weekend and no one would be listening. I got a respectable reply (that I hadn't earned) from Scott in no time. "Whooaaa", I said, "now here's an AF network person that has just earned my respect." "I'll BeHave at BeFree from now on."

Anyway, I don't think it's decent of any of us here to be voting on these guys, especially when we don't know what influence their bosses and companies have over how they participate in this forum. Hopefully both Todd and Scott will work with us.

I have not worked with BeFree much, since most of my merchants are with CJ or Indies. I also don't know Scott at all, but hope I will soon.

Based on what I have read and heard, if there is ever a corporate decision that needs to be made between the two, my vote goes for Scott. His attitude seems much more affiliate-friendly and empowering IMHO.

5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit 5 Star Forum
    4LowRates ::ChatDollars :: ConsciousOne :: EveryTicket :: Organize-Everything :: Irv's Luggage
    DentalPlans :: Executive Essentials :: IntelliContactPro :: zZounds :: Roadloans :: More Soon!

You guys are funny, thank you.

But I have to agree with Whiznot...
    quote:
    Anyway, I don't think it's decent of any of us here to be voting on these guys, especially when we don't know what influence their bosses and companies have over how they participate in this forum. Hopefully both Todd and Scott will work with us.

While Todd and I have both been around for a long time and probably know everything about our respective services, I'm the product guy here, Todd's the VP of sales and marketing there. I'd be worried if he was on ABW more.

I'm here because I want to be, not in any "official" capacity. I'm not in affiliate support, nobody's telling me to participate, and I don't think anybody will tell me to stop (at least I hope not).

Linda, thanks, I look forward to getting to know you.

--
    scott@befree.com

quote:
    The really bad news is that there is going to have to be a duel between Scott and Todd to see which one stays on ABW.
    Nope, I'm not gonna do it.

Not gonna touch this one with a ten foot pole!

Andy

Scott,

The fact that you are here on a Sunday night, because you WANT TO BE, tells the true story about who you are!

I truly hope that VC/BF can rock the affiliate world and make things better for all!

Hey Scott,

Some naysayers on other forums are saying this acquisition will signal the end of affiliate marketing as we know it and Adsense will take over. I say that's just crazy thinking.

But think about this for a minute...

CJ has been hinting at coming up with a new contextual advertising product. CJ has many positive benefits... great interface, consolidated payments, lots of merchants, tons of affiliates. BeFree has many BIG name merchants and numerous other unique benefits. VC more than anything is a powerful advertising company.

So imagine all the good aspects of Adsense, CJ, BF and VC all rolled into one big new affiliate money making machine. Wouldn't that be something!

Too many people are focused on the fear and the negative what if's. Since I wear rose-colored glasses, I would like to think that there could be a great big WIN/WIN/WIN/WIN for everyone in this. Affiliates, merchants, customers and ValueClick, including it's stockholders!

I sure have a lot of mixed reactions regarding this CJ/BeFree Deal. At the moment - Best Deals Magazines is my main BeFree merchant I actively promote though I was planning now on adding more merchants. BeFree has become more affiliate friendly and has changed their attitude.

ValueClick had only approved a couple of my sites of about 10 or so I submitted so I really don't promote anything in their offers anymore because their affiliate approval practices are horrible. They are shutting out affiliates like me who sell tens of thousands of dollars in merchants products monthly for merchants elsewhere. It's bad for them, bad for me and very bad for the merchants/advertisers.

Oh - by the way did I tell you how bad I feel their affiliate approval process is for ValueClick yet? It's really bad!!! Shutting out affiliates who are producers or shutting out affiliates who want a chance is the sign of bad affiliate management practices. Very bad!

Anyways - if ValueClick's affiliate management techniques start showing in the new CJ/BeFree company - it's bad news for affiliates.

Larry Wentz

AffiliateNetwork.org newWebsite.com (Host 200 Domains - $29/Month)

ABW Ambassador
    All those people who always post about the end of affliate marketing are lost. I think it mainly consists of people not making any money from it or people who used to make money and are not making so much anymore.

Been around for almost 10 years and growing:

"Affiliate marketing has been identified by the National Retail Federation's Shop.org as one of the most effective methods of enabling online retail commerce, a $95 billion industry that is expected to grow to approximately $230 billion by 2008, noted ValueClick, citing Forrester Research data. "

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Catalyst:So imagine all the good aspects of Adsense, CJ, BF and VC all rolled into one big new affiliate money making machine. Wouldn't that be something!

As long as it doesn't become a monopoly, it's ok with me

Javi

-------------
    Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough?

quote:
    Originally posted by Catalyst:
    Some naysayers on other forums are saying this acquisition will signal the end of affiliate marketing as we know it and Adsense will take over. I say that's just crazy thinking.
    I can't disagree with that. I've seen those posts. Adsense may signal some end as "they" know it, if that is simply putting up a banner ad with an affiliate link and making a couple hundred bucks a month.
    quote:

So imagine all the good aspects of Adsense, CJ, BF and VC all rolled into one big new affiliate money making machine. Wouldn't that be something!
    Imagine.

quote:
    Too many people are focused on the fear and the negative what if's. Since I wear rose-colored glasses, I would like to think that there could be a great big WIN/WIN/WIN/WIN for everyone in this. Affiliates, merchants, customers and ValueClick, including it's stockholders!
    Sure, there's a lot of fear and it's understandable. I can't tell you how this is going to turn out in the long run, though as you suggest this is a big opportunity to put the greatest resources behind delivering the solutions you need.

I can tell you that there will be nothing done to disrupt this all important fourth quarter. No link changes, relationship changes, etc.

The acquisition is scheduled mid to late November and we'll keep you informed of integration plans.

Until then, focus on your CJ and BF merchants as normal and enjoy a great holiday season.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    I can tell you that there will be nothing done to disrupt this all important fourth quarter. No link changes, relationship changes, etc.

Second best news I've heard today!

Jim

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread