Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi All,
    I wanted to introduce myself. I'm the new manager of the affiliate program over here at Bluefly. I've been working with the program for about a year now, but have just taken it over as a full time roll.

I'm hoping that you will all provide me with some feedback about the program, be it good, bad or needs improvement.

Thank you!

Becky Skiles
    Marketing Manager
    Bluefly.com

Becky Skiles
    www.bluefly.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome Becky and I sure hope your program gets modeled after TigerDirect. They are the only successful performing merchant at BeFree month after month. Forget all the spin as your here at the one place on the internet where you can acquire real active affiliates if you can convert traffic from your landing pages.

Hot points:
    1. Position statement regarding the BHO parasites who overwrite our sales tracking cookies with S/W popup incented alerts.
    2. Average number of clicks it takes network wide to report a sale. TigerDirect averages 1/40
    3. Prompt payment with a minimum of 25.00. Only TigerDirect of my 84 BeFree merchants has paid Feburary commissions.
    4. Individual product links and some type of fashion Dynamic updated showcase displays.

You sell name brand closeout fashions like Overstock. These are impulse buys with limited stock quantities and do not require coupons or advertising tricks to sell to the savvy women shoppers. Pricing is the prime motivator ..so free freight offers over 50.00 minimum purchases is a good promo. To eliminate Out of Stock landing pages make sure you monitor those SKU's and change the landing page to point to the main category page. Do the opposite of Smartbargains who is a worthless BeFree merchant to promote.

You sell nice products at great prices and need to forget about using the affiliate sales force for advertising or branding. We only get paid for sales and till now BlueFly never appealed to me since they were strickly a pure play advertiser seeking to build out a e-mail list.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hi Becky and Welcome

Bluefly is 'splattered' all over my site, You are one of my premier merchants.

However, its seems as though no one even straightened my account out regarding sales. I wrote so many times in the past and nothing was ever done to rectify the problem so, I just gave up completely. Here's the deal, In November it seems as though I had made a sale of around $500.00 and the items were not returned or cancelled but, there is no commission listed or anything. My account has actually been screwed up since October of last year. My commissions shown to date don't even come close to what my reports (for Bluefly) show when I run them. If this sale that happened in November is legit then I should have been over the required thresshold amount.

If you can Becky, check out my account please. My account username is webmastermike7.

Thanks, and again welcom to ABW

15 years and counting
    Hi Becky,
    Glad to see you here, Welcome.
    I was reviewing my records regarding Bluefly and I was ready to make some changes.
    Reason, my stats.
    Here they are from Sept, 1st, 2002 to April, 1st, 2002

Impressions Click Throughs Click to Impression %
    92,382 13,660 14.79%

Shipments Shipped Sales Returns Returned Sales Net Sales Site Revenue
    12 $824.60 4 $229.10 $595.50 $29.77

That's awful, isn't it.
    Comparing to my stats for other merchants Sales Qty should have been between 136 and 1200, not 12
    The site revenue should have been at least $1200.00 not $29.77
    I don't say it's Bluefly fault, it could be mine.
    I just need to do something for the best, may be with your help.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Great to have you with us Becky, Welcome!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Welcome Becky,

glad to see you here!

we don't promote you because of your cookie duration!

should you ever change it to a fair relationship, we'll be happy to promote you!

Best of luck in your program and welcome again!

you are in the best place to get your affiliate marketing a big boost of business.

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Charlie:
    I read your reply with great interest, but must admit I was a little confused at the end.

The way I read it: 1) Bluefly should use affiliates to generate direct sales, not as a branding/marketing tool. 2) Active management is crucial (i.e. elimination of "out of stock" landing pages).

Are those two of the main points?

Also, Why is Smartbargains useless? [we don't use either of these merchants currently]

Karl

phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Philly ...for years BlueFly ran one of those phoney affiliate private programs with a 100.00 minimum quarterly payout for some Dupers. Poor attempt like Gateway computers to entice free traffic. Since neither of them were able to hold onto affiliate due to very few getting any checks they opened at BeFree to recruit.

Certainly their affiliate manager worked for the Advertising department responsible only for eyeballs...not sales. My advice is to forget doing anything in the way of creatives that doesn't lead to better conversion ratios. Andy at TigerDirect concentrated on landing pages and devising a way to soften the blow of OOS closeout products. All programs should be judged by how many affiliate checks they cut each month ...not just paying someone like ebates or gator a few big checks.

SmartBargains ( AOL ownership) is a dog for conversions and I reported here for months thta no matter how many clicks I sent them my balance would never go from 24.88 to the 25.00 minimum. My advice to any BF merchant is test purchase off your network links weekly as even Andy at TigerDirect found out in 2001 thta his reporting tag wasn't recirding sales for months on end when he first came on board as AM.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Charlie:
    Thanks for the clarification. Very insightful.

BTW, all of our BeFree merchants have lousy conversion ratios. I've purchased through our links and not been credited. Reponse from AMs has been, um, less than positive.

Karl Smith

Andy of TigerDirect ought to charge for BeFree merchant affiliate management guidance course here at ABW. Most AM's there come here and shriek at the hard work and head back to call the BHO Dupers. Those who don't seem to have time for affiliate questions or landing pages and creatives are just eyeball procurement folks.

Charlie ...

Charlie:
    I've heard nothing but good things about Andy. I'm actually trying to figure out a way to work them into our site just because he seems to have so much integrity. Maybe somewhere in our Money channels.

Karl Smith

Philly ...all your visitors own computers and are conditioned to jump on real computer bargains regardless of your content. Impulse buys when their monitor flickers or they see they need another hard drive.

Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    BTW, all of our BeFree merchants have lousy conversion ratios. I've purchased through our links and not been credited. Reponse from AMs has been, um, less than positive.

Its really ashame when that seems to be the majority consensus about a whole network (that isn't a "network") of merchants....

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

Welcome Becky. Glad to see you here. Don't let the ABW "welcome" wagon discourage you.

quote:

Its really ashame when that seems to be the majority consensus about a whole network (that isn't a "network") of merchants....

The real shame is the suggestion that Mike (charlie) somehow represents a consensus.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Any merchant can convert if you get the proper mix of users to products offered. It all depends being in tune with your demographic. Awareness of your users wants/needs and the availability of proper creative to fit those wants/needs is a secret we all covet.

IamJaloppy

Wow, thank you all for all of the feedback.

It's funny, I expected to hear from everyone that the road to affiliate management success was sure to be paved w/larger rev shares. It's great to be made aware of the problems that you are all already seeing with the program, and I will be sure to look into all of the issues here. I will also look into the TigerDirect program as an example of a strong BeFree Program.

Please keep the commments, criticisms, praise and suggestions coming.

I am certainly looking to build a great Bluefly brand, but I want to do it by supporting my affiliates to the best of our ability.

And for the easy win - we do not support any parasiteware or scumware in the Bluefly affiliate program at all. Haiko brought that one to my attention before I was even actively running the program!

Thank you!

Becky

Becky Skiles
    www.bluefly.com

15 years and counting
    quote:
    I will also look into the TigerDirect program as an example of a strong BeFree Program.

Great. I'm sure Andy will be able to show you the way.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Hi All, I just wanted to let you know about some news at Bluefly.

We have identified a technical issue with our reporting system. We are actively working to resolve the issue. When we fix the reporting, we will be able to adjust for any incorrectly reported sales. Rest assured, you will receive the commissions that are owed to you.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you posted regularly as we work to fix the reporting issue.

Please feel free to send me an email with any questions or concerns that you may have.

Becky Skiles
    www.bluefly.com

ABW Ambassador
    Meant to say this earlier,
    Welcome, Becky!

For the most part, I like Bluefly, and your program. I wish you didn't work with sites such as Ebates, but ......

Mike,
    The minimum payment is $25, not $100. Perhaps that was changed recently, I don't remember. I don't mind a reasonable min. amount (Up to $100..) anyway.

Scott,
    The comment I quoted was from Karl...but I get the feeling it is or at least used to be the consensus. He specifically said his own orders did not track.

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

yeah, well, it was still a good joke.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Isigned up for Bluefly's program about a month ago. I hope the reporting issues are fixed pronto.

The prices are outstanding and I expect to see results, although strangely we seem to do better with non-discounters rather than the closeout places like Overstock (and so far Bluefly).

My only suggestion is to make links to specific designers available.

Hi Jimbo, you can acatually create links to many of our top designers from bluefly.reporting.net. If there are desingers to whom you'd like to link that aren't on there, please let me know, and I'll make them available.

thank you.

Becky

Becky Skiles
    www.bluefly.com

Hello Beckie,
    Welcome to ABW forums.
    I would just like one clarification: what do you mean by reporting issues? Does it mean that transaction were not reported? If so, when you update transactions, will they appear as May or April transactions? I ask this, as the commission rate in April was higher, meaning higher commissions for affiliates.

imo the biggest problem right now is:

here's the offer and coupon code(highlighted):

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast