Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I am sick of the number of orders from Diamond, World of Watches and Ashford that are returned.
    I just checked Befree, and I lost a $232 commission from Diamond from September. I have had others like that. I have also had sales reversed at Ashford and World of Watches.

Does anyone ever do anything with these 3 merchants? They are all part of the same company.

I dropped Ashford, and I am thinking of dropping Diamond and World of Watches.

It looks so much worse when you get a return at the start of a new month, as you start negative in the reports. I now have to add the $232 to my Befree report everytime I want a true figure of what I have earned for October. The sale was from September, so the reports should not show a negative for October. That is a complaint I have about the reporting

Anyone ever do well with these 3 merchants? Or are reversals common?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Just checked. Yep...all bird cage liners.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I do OK with the three musketeers but I will concur that there are an inordinate number of reversals.

I base this opinon on the fact that I promote the same products for other merchants on the same pages as this menage-a-trois, and I don't get nearly the same number of reversals from the other places.

Add to that that there was no reversal problem until the day, yes, the EXACT DAY, that ex-AM Marc Ross left the company, and one cannot help but feel that somebody there is up to something.

cjshoppingnetwork

same experience here

WorldofWatches are frauder

I'm 4 months wait for the check. And support ignores my emails.

Thanks for the heads up .. I have a current client designing a clock & watch mini site ... the World of Watches was on their list of products to promote. Guess I better forwarn them of this issue.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

ABW Ambassador
    Well the least that can be said for the three musketeers is that they are pretty good about getting the checks in the mail.

Perhaps there was a sorting or delivery problem in Czech Republic.

------------------------------

All your SERP's are now belong to us. Shall we sell for you? Or shall we sell for your competitor?

FYi- We currently have 1000's of affiliates doing very well in our program. There is always the risk of returns and in the jewelry, watch and luxury goods business and we are well within industry norms.

Just so you know we have made quite a few changes lately that will benefit our affiliates:

- Improved Support: Jason Fishman - Affiliate Manager, and Eric Archuleta as Director of CRM. We are here to answer any of your questions or concerns.

- We will be sending out a monthly email packed with new banners and new promotions.

- As mentioned above we are excellent in regard to paying our bills.

- We are continuing to rebuild the Ashford program and our affiliates who have stuck with us through the transition are seeing the benefits.

We are looking forward to a huge holiday season and we are always available if you have any questions or concerns.

Jason Fishman
    Eric Archuleta

954-835-2233 x 1282

PS- We are not up to something..... except getting the program ramped up for this Holiday Season!

Jason and Eric, nice to see you here!

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

Hi and Welcome to ABW Jason and Eric!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    The banners with the teeny-tiney product "photos" have got to go.

They make you look stupid, they make our (afiliates) sites looks stupid, and they convey the message to the site visitor that you think that they are stupid as well.

We need PHOTOS of the PRODUCT to SELL THE PRODUCT.

Nobody out there is looking to buy an "Ashford". If they are looking for a wathc, for instance, they want to SEE a watch.

I don't mind branding. I don't mind repeating "Ashford.com Ashford.com Ashford.com" over and over again like a drunken lakes region parrot. But I do mind the STUPID STUPID STUPID SUCKY "PRODUCT PHOTOS"

I apologize going into rant mode. I am only trying to express my heartfelt feelings about the STUPID STUPID SUCKY whatever-the-hell-you-wish-to-call-them "photos".

My sites admittedly are no graphic designers wet dream, but they are just fine and dandy without these STUPID STUPID SUCKY.......

Can we hotlink to the graphics on your site? That would work out nicely.

All your SERP's are now belong to us. Shall we sell for you? Or shall we sell for your competitor?

Chief_Beef

Can you give me an example of the teeny-tiney product "photos" banners you are talking about? Just past the url of the banner in your next reply.

Thanks,

Jason Fishman

ABW Ambassador

Pink Pearl Necklace SS 16" Necklace

Fresh Water Pearl Necklace 14K Gold

Diamond Necklace 6 3/4 ctw. Platinum

14K Gold Necklace

ABW Ambassador
    A dozen or so of those "product photos" on a page is a bit more than just a "subliminal" message. It's more like a baseball bat. It looks stupid and it is annoying.

Yep, keeps me from adding them.

I think they are trying to accomplish "watermarking" as well as branding with those images. But yeah, those images are not enticing.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager

EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <
    FunToCollect.com
    CJ/11%/120 days
    Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: affiliates@funtocollect.com
    > Join now! <

To those who hate our branding or watermarking,

We are currently working on sending BeFree two feeds. One of the feeds will have the branding and the other will not. Hopefully this process will only take a week or so. Sorry about any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Jason Fishman

ABW Ambassador
    Well as I said, I do not mind branding one bit. But these things are just just aesthetically offensive both to your affiliate webmasters' and end-user's sensibilities.

"It's nice to be on the banned book list...or banned from anything...it means people fear you" ~ Fred Conquest

WorldOfWatches, Asford and Diamond has been very bad in terms of converting clicks and reversals. At the low, low end of the industry norsm, compare to other related merchants.

If you search for worldofwatches at ABW, you'll see that I'm the first to complain about this issue. And I haven't seen any effect of "transition of their programs".

They do pay on time, however.

ABW Ambassador
    I have had 11 orders for WofW this year, and 6 of them were reversed. Is that normal? No other program has such a high reversal rate.
    I had a 3 item $1,500 order from WofW yesterday, and all 3 are showing up in the 'returns and cancellations' column.
    This is not the first time this has happened. Only with WofW. No other merchant has done that.
    I get a big sale, and it shows up as a return or cancellation. VERY suspicious

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I've only tried Diamond, and all sales except my first has been "returned".

AT least they sent a check for the one sale.

Mondera has paid me about 100 times as much as Diamond during the year I've been promoting jewelry, so I know where my links go when I build my next jewelry site.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Only 100 We'll have to work on that then

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Darn looks like I should hold off of putting up World of Watches links regardless to their great closeout prices on some items. Just signed up to populate www.ecomcity.com/watches.htm and my jewelry stores but I'm sure not looking to send free traffic like I did for years with Ashford. That Zero sales ( All occurred after the session cookie) on 3000+ clicks cured me. I'll just place in a few Modera links to fill it in with some jewelry lurkers.

ROLMAO ..."I don't mind branding. I don't mind repeating "Ashford.com Ashford.com Ashford.com" over and over again like a drunken lakes region parrot. But I do mind the STUPID STUPID STUPID SUCKY "PRODUCT PHOTOS"

Amazing this wank would pick on Charlies art work or my hatred of pure play branding merchants. Cheapskate merchants never spend money on creative artwork and hopefilly they have the sense to put up individual product links and photos to offset their desire for free traffic.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I got deactivated for WorldofWatches.com, sent them an email but never herd back. I also check CJ and can't see them anywhere so maybe they have also closed?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Dang, that's a 3 yr. old thread

Last post:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=82181

World of Watches and Ashford are gone. Diamond.com still at CJ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast