ABW Ambassador
    WHYen I received the performance partner welcome kit, it showed a way of flexible custom linking called redirect linking

To create a redirect link
    1 The merchant will e-mail a base URL to you, such as the following:
    http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click...xx&bfpage=bfrd

So I wanted to use it, asked for thebase url lto the merchant, and the merchant told me that such thing does not exist and would not track sales.

Scott answered to my base url request due to support not answering me, but then when I showed it to merchant they confirmed me that such thing would not track, then Scott was not sure about that, so current status is that redirect linking described inbefree tech docs is something that nobody knows, even befree.

I can't believe this issue, so I ask you if anybody here have used redirect linking and can confirm me that such thing exists!

Thank you!

Fer

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well it sure is a critical issue when I see I average over 12K in BeFree monthly sales and have a lot of custom made links to products for 3 merchants. None of those links show sales in the link type success reports. All sales come from strickly banner and text or individual product links. DRM's also show no sales YTD and I use them for Computer Geeks and IBM rotating specials.

BF owes it to every merchant to accurately specify the custom linking format and VERIFY it tracks on a weekly basis til it proves itself to be valid.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Why don't you just do a test purchase to confirm whether it works or not?

If it's not worth spending 20 bucks on, it's not worth spending 20 minutes on.

------------------------------
    "Beware the man who preaches respect for you but does not demonstrate it. Ask him to show his face before you bare your back to his blade." ~ George Hayduke

Affiliate Manager
    Got it...I just went in and checked my merchant report, and our redirect link seems to be working. Over the past seven days, we've had 4,271 ctrs and holy cow, a decent number of orders!

Does that help?

Carolyn Tang
    Affiliate Manager
    CollectiblesToday.com
    e: ctang@collectiblestoday.com
    p: (847) 581-8939
    f: (847)581-8922
    Yahoo IM: carolyn_collectiblestoday

Good for you Carolyn. So at the end of the month you will get an invoice from Befree.Probably for your monthly listing plus all commissions due. Will this invoice list all the affilates due money? And will it show these affilates as known parasites?

Where Do You Want To Be Tomorrow?

That was my mistake, Fer, as I explained in email.

Most merchants do support redirect linking, like Collectibles Today, but some cannot track if you send traffic to just any page. HSN's one of them that cannot, but when I looked into it, I misread the information.

Again, sorry for the mistake, I'm glad it was caught quickly. It does exist, we understand it perfectly well.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

quote:
    Originally posted by ScottJ:
    That was my mistake, Fer, as I explained in email.

Most merchants do support redirect linking, like Collectibles Today, but some cannot track if you send traffic to just any page. HSN's one of them that cannot, but when I looked into it, I misread the information.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

How does an affiliate determine if a specific merchant supports redirect linking?

And if they do, where do we obtain the URL format we should be using?

Either the merchant promotes this fact in their link area in reporting.net (many merchants have a redirect link building tool) or you ask them.

Collectibles Today, for example, has a "Create-a-link" section in their links area. From there, you enter a URL and make the tag.
    Other merchants may provide you a template.

--
    scott@befree.com

By the way, Fer, we are looking to set up something custom to you can do redirect linking for HSN.

I just spoke to the contact here and he's been looking for some feedback from you on what specifically you're trying to do so we can create the right solution. Did you see that email?

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread