ABW Ambassador
    I'm not overly familiar with BeFree's system for reversals so I figured I'd ask here. By the time our orders show up on our befree account, have the credit cards already been validated?

We had a record day in sales yesterday and are curious if it's already been screened against being a bogus sale or if we're going to get that big commish.

Thanks

REM,

quote:
    By the time our orders show up on our befree account, have the credit cards already been validated?

We had a record day in sales yesterday and are curious if it's already been screened against being a bogus sale or if we're going to get that big commish.

The real answer to this really depends on the merchant. But generally speaking, there are two types of positive events in our system: Orders and Shipments. Orders tell you that something was, well, ordered. But you don't get commissions until it ships.

Some merchants report an order as shipped immediately, others wait until it actually shipped, others wait until it shipped and stayed shipped for their return period.

And, once something is reported as shipped, it can be marked as returned.

These statuses are most apparent in the Transaction Summary report. Every day you'll see things appear in the orders column, but not necessarily in the shipped column. For some merchants, these columns are in lock step, others there's a lag.

I think that you'll find that for most, once it's marked as shipped, that means it's a real order. Of course it may be cancelled or returned later and depending on the merchants own policies, those will be backed out.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the info Scott. Now, a follow up question. If the orders are fraudulent, does the company then list those as cancelled or do they just show up as orders that never ship? The sales showed up on yesterday's reports with no commissions showing up on today's and no cancelled orders either. So, we don't know if they haven't shipped or were fraudulent and then not cancelled.

Thanks,
    Robin

Yes, they're typically cancelled, but there's nothing that forces them to do so.

Beyond that, this question is a merchant-specific one. You might ask them directly what their reporting policy is.

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks! So far, nothing is showing as cancelled (a good sign), but nothing shipped either. We won't see any commissions from them again until Wednesday am, so if there's nothing showing I'll tell my hubby to email them.

Normally, we wouldn't care so much but on that particular day it was 3k in sales which could be a whopping commission!

Robin

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread