ABW Ambassador
    Nice, still going through it, you can search for offers, free shipping, money off, hot products.

Can't get anything to show up.

Hang in there Trusty, we're adding some offers in now...

--
    scott@befree.com

OK, there are now some promotions in there to give you a taste. Off to bed, but we'll get more added in a few hours.

Enjoy the new Search Offers feature. No more digging through emails, merchant areas, etc. to find new coupons and promos. No more wondering what promotions are expired. One stop shopping for all of your coupons and promotions including all the info you really need: Promo codes, start dates, end dates, and marketing copy.

Plus, we'll have a review process in place to ensure that only true offers and promotions get promoted in this new area.

I'm happy that we're able to continue to make incremental improvements to tools help make you successful. This is based on the direct feedback from many of you. Let me know what you think.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    But Scott... didn't you read? Offers are the work of the devil and no quality merchant would use them!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

That is an amazingly nice feature. How are hot products figured, is this merchant submitted?

Thanks

Chet

LOL, Chet, I was going to crack a joke, but I didn't want to encourage anybody.

These are merchant submitted. Merchants can make them visible immediately or schedule them, they can even make them visible to you before their active date. We also have review rights.

Are you asking about "Hot Products" because you see that in the list? It is one of the offer types and in that case, a merchant would just enter in some product related promotion and pick that category. Nothing deeper than that.

quote:
    That is an amazingly nice feature.
    Thanks!

--
    scott@befree.com

Now, this is the difference between the Befree way and the CJ way. Befree take the systems down for a bit and come back with an interesting new feature, CJ take the systems down for a bit to take a feature away..

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Cool!

BeFree shoots and scores, nice work guys.

-----------------------------
    Scott

The offer management is very helpful. My question is the other new "feature":

Real-Time Reporting

So CJ and Performics do "real-time" via an image tag. Does this mean BeFree is doing the same? If not, does this mean merchants are now sending batch files more frequently? If so, how frequently?

Just trying to find out what level of "real-time reporting" this is going to actually mean.

Running Shoes

quote:
    Originally posted by RunningShoes:

So CJ and Performics do "real-time" via an image tag. Does this mean BeFree is doing the same? If not, does this mean merchants are now sending batch files more frequently? If so, how frequently?

Merchants who use Be Free's conversion tracking tag will have transaction data included in the real-time reports. All merchants will have traffic data included in the applicable reports. Merchants who deliver order data to us in a daily batch will not have valid transaction data in the real-time reports. Batch order delivery merchants are marked with an asterisk in the real-time report that lists performance by merchant (Daily Performance by Merchant).

Hope this helps.

Neal

Neal,

Thanks for the update. I will take a look and see what merchants are doing real-time vs. batch. It is important for SEM.

Thanks again.

Running Shoes

1. There are many promotion links to generate one by one.
    Get all selected offer links in one go ?

2. The pop up window load up very slow or does not load up at all in many cases.

3. We have to sort out which offer have selected or viewed before when checking new promotions from time to time.

Therefore i believe that the best way to let affiliates make use of this feature is to send the offer description and link code direct to affiliates via email when available.

The affiliate have the option to select which type of promotion will go direct to his email box.

This way we save huge amount of time from click, wait and click to generate links slowly.

http://8n.nu

I agree with all your suggestions. I'd like to make this info available in bulk, via email or download. This is just the first version.

In fact we'll be adding some new functionality next Friday where we'll include in the list the date it appeared on PG so you can sort by that and see what's new since you looked last.

I haven't seen slowness on the popup window. That shouldn't be any different than it's always been. I'll keep an eye out for that.

But is there anything good about it?
    quote:
    This way we save huge amount of time from click, wait and click to generate links slowly.
    Isn't this a lot better than getting incomplete promotion information mixed in with a bunch of text in tens of different email messages? Or having to dig through all the merchants different links to find the promotions?

Who else is giving you new and useful features as often? Throw me a bone here!

Also, do you load this stuff into a database? Did you see the pipe delimited format down at the bottom of the popup? Create a simple script to take that datastring in a form field and insert it right into your database. Talk about a time saver.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to see you using it.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

email the deal directly has the advantage we get the offer instantly without delay.

we want to take advantage the full promotion period without much delay. some promotion last just one day or 2-3 days.

to balance timing and too much emails, i guess a daily deal digest is better.

Yes, the new feature is good because they are put into one place. just it is not easy to retrieve the information if you have to do it one by one for so many offers.

Before i do not bother log in to retrieve promotion code. But i get the deals direct from merchant's emails. There is no need to waste time download the code.

If it is just text link code, just give me
    "page=XXXXX", then no need to wait for the pop up window load up.

i do not use database yet.

In fact, this merchant promotion area is not useful at all if every merchants make use of
    "auto-updating promotion banners".

This is not popular for merchants too.
    May be they have to spend more to the banner designer to update the exisiting promotion banner??

It is less costly to the merchant to create a separate new banner and delete old banner ?

e.g. For merchants having four promotion in the same time period, they can have four auto-updating banner links to accomodate that too.

of course, if text description is need,
    we have to do the work to update it in a timly manner.

Many merchants put the coupon code in the banners.

The dynamic text link is not popular?
    extra cost for merchant to have such feature?
    slow loading to the webpage?

http://8n.nu

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread