I seem to be getting 2 each of all my BeFree emails today. Anyone else seeing double???

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

Retired Member
    I think it's just you.

Retired Member

Retired Member
    I think it's just you.

Retired Member

Damn Damn, Steve Steve, I I was was going going to to do do that that.

Ron, there are some cases where you can get an email more than once because you have more than one site signed up for a the merchant who sent the email. Might that be the case for you?

Sorry about the double emails.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

Sometimes merchants accidentally approve all your Befree sites, even if you didn't apply for their program with them. It's not an issue until they send you a dozen emails!

________
    "All your commission are belong to us." - Slimeware Corporation

Quite cute Steve.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

I got 3 of the same emails today from a merchant. I checked, and I am only approved with one of my sites.

This has happened with 2 other merchants as well, but it's been about a month or so since they've sent anything.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Ahem...
    Any progress on this?

I just got 4 emails from Timberland, 4 from Alska Airlines last Wednesday and 4 from Lowestfares on 10/31.

-----------------------------
    Scott
    Words to Live By:
    "No matter where you're at... there you are."
    "Can't we all just get along? Only when we've been drinking."

Sometimes merchants accidentally approve all your Befree sites, even if you didn't apply for their program with them. It's not an issue until they send you a dozen emails!

Uhhh.. it's that Deja Vu feeling all over again

________

ABW Ambassador
    I've wondered why BeFree even allows merchants to send to each site...and not just to the account.

BTW, I had gotten around the double email problems in the programs I've written by qualifying the email addresses with a unique constraint.

sound thinking

quote:
    Originally posted by Dynamoo:

Uhhh.. it's that Deja Vu feeling all over again

Dynamoo,

See my post dated 10/1/03. That isn't the case here, as I only have 1 site approved with these merchants.

I'm waiting for my Internet service to start thinking it's spam and blocking it before it gets to me.

Scott
    Words to Live By:

Thinking back, I did have about 20 mails for a merchant the other day which is a lot more than I have sites. Hmmm.

________

ABW Ambassador
    I do not think it is based on number of sites. It is rather the number of Befree logins you have. All these started after I consolidated my logins. The number of emails I get matches with the number of logins I have at Befree.

If you have more than one site registered for a merchant, you may get an email per site.

The reason for this is that targeting and personalized content is done at the site level, and an email will get generated per site (that meets the targeting criteria.)

An example of this is if a merchant puts a link in an email. It must be coded with the siteID and therefore things happen at the site level.

I know it's a pain in the rear and I would like to improve on this. If a merchant wants to send a link, I think we're just going to have to programatically pick one of the sites to use.

Any of you who think you're getting multiple emails for only one site in your profile, please drop me a note. I can't look into it without specifics.

Further, you should never get an email from a merchant whose program you are not a member of.

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

The timberland and Alaska Airlines emails both had links in them.

All 4 timberland emails had the same links and siteid's. Only 1 of my sites is approved for this merchant.

All 4 Alaska Air emails had the same links and siteid's. Only 1 of my sites is approved for this merchant.

I do have 4 logins, but I only have 3 sites in "My Site List," so it must have something to do with the logins.

Scott
    Words to Live By:

I haven't added any sites since the last post, but I just got 6 of the same emails from a merchant. Three with one siteid, three with another.

Scott

Ten minutes later, I received 2 more of the same email from them (Circuit City) again. Which brings the total to 8, 4 with one siteid, 4 with another.

I am only approved with this merchant with one of my accounts, but all 4 of them have been consolidated into one.

Scott

Just Lurking
    I've only have one site with BeFree, and have noticed the double emails too. I did have two accounts but consolidated them a couple of weeks ago. It not a big problem for me but it is annoying. Any way to fix it?

------------------------------
    "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." - Gertrude Stein, American author (1874-1946).

I just got 8 emails from priceline. Four with one ID, four with another. I'd hate to see how many emails I'd get if I had all 4 of my consolidated logins set up with them.

Sorry Scott, I didn't see the part of your post about dropping you a note. Sending you a PM.

Scott

Scott, thank you.

Buddha, if you could share your info, that could help narrow down a problem.

--
    scott@befree.com

Hello all,

Thanks to a few of you who have provided some details, we've discovered that there is a problem where some people can get duplicate emails.

The scenario is only if you have consolidated multiple Partner Gateway logins. We were in some cases still sending emails to the accounts that were consolidated into another.

We're working on fixing that right now, and while there may be some emails queued up that still exhibit this issue, please know that it will be resolved soon.

This problem difficult to identify because very few people consolidate. It was further masked by the case where you may receive an email per site that you have in your account and associated with a merchant, as I explained earlier in this thread. That still works in that way we'll also be looking at a better way to handle that.

If any of you remain wondering if you fell into this group, email me your login name and I'll verify.

Thanks again for those of you who provided me with the information needed to figure out what's going on.

Wishing you success this holiday season,

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread