Is anyone experiencing reporting delays on BeFree today? I looked at my reports for yesterday's sales and there were no new ones which I found rather odd.

Diamich,

It depends on which reports you're looking at. The data updates every morning in stages, and yes some mornings can be later than others.

In the partner gateway, it looks like the daily summary for traffic, commissions, and sales is done (that may have happened since your post.)

Run the Transaction Summary by Merchant report for Prior Day and you should see data.

If you're looking deeper into merchant specific reports, they may not be done yet.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

ABW Ambassador
    Scott, the reporting delay issue has been going on pretty much since after the last major upgrade to the interface over 2+ months ago.

In the past we used to receive pretty solid reports by 8:30 AM EST but now I find 10 or 11 AM to be a starting point for which reports are updated (partially at best).

What can be done so that reports are updated more regularly and at an early time as in the past? Right now it is 9:30 and we are not seeing any updates in any of our reports.

I check my reports daily, and I've only noticed a few days (like today) with delays at BeFree. The nice thing is that they always have a note up (like today) and an ETA. Much better than on other networks.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

SurveyMan,

It surely is frustrating when the data's not there when you expect it. While much of this is seasonal (not related to any recent updates), today's delays were because of a connectivity failure between some systems.

Otherwise, on normal days, the reporting data flows out like this: traffic, commissions, sales, and then some of the merchant specific reports. Normally, the first three are done by 9 and it has been that way even recently with a few exceptions.

We are contstantly working to improve this. The amount of data is staggering.

thanks for understanding.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    They wore me down. I don't consider them delays anymore.

quote:
    Originally posted by ScottJ:
    Otherwise, on normal days, the reporting data flows out like this: traffic, commissions, sales, and then some of the merchant specific reports. Normally, the first three are done by 9 and it has been that way even recently with a few exceptions.
    That explains something I've always wondered about. For the most recent day, I often see commissions for a merchant but no orders or sales. Those fields fill in later.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I noticed that the reporting has been late too. I haven't seen any new sales since Monday, and it is most discouraging. Hopefully they will have it sorted out soon.

Gift Shopping Network

ABW Ambassador
    Perhaps it might be wise to include all the data at the same time, so that we don't have one piece and miss 3 others...

This might make for a more stable reporting environment. The odd thing is that this has been happening for over two months now so it is definitely not related to this season.

More consistant reporting across all stats equally might be a vast improvement. I don't think anyone likes seeing one piece of the puzzle!

ABW Ambassador
    man, my sales are not showing in daily perf report yet! they said 3pm, and that was several hours ago, I am playing blind...

Fer

My sales showed up...not that they were anything to brag about that is. I hope things pick up soon.

Don't mistake my explaining how it is working for justifying that it's good. I'm not happy with the performance right now either. We're constantly working to improve things in this ever changing environemnt. Q4 isn't the time to make changes.
    quote:
    I don't think anyone likes seeing one piece of the puzzle!
    Given the way things currently are, I don't agree with this. If we know traffic for yesterday and we know the commissions you earned, but it's going to take one more hour to compute sales and another 1 hour to summarize how each link is doing for the merchant link reports, you'd rather we hold out all data for 2 more hours?

If you're talking ideal world get everything in shape, sure, it would be great if all data appeared at the same time, many times a day.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
    scott@befree.com

quote:
    Originally posted by ScottJ:
    If we know traffic for yesterday and we know the commissions you earned, but it's going to take one more hour to compute sales and another 1 hour to summarize how each link is doing for the merchant link reports, you'd rather we hold out all data for 2 more hours?
    I agree with you here, Scott. I'd rather have all of it now, but if it's a choice between "clicks and commissions now and sales and other reports 2 hours from now" or "everything 2 hours from now", I rather see as much as I can right away.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

P.S. Reporting hasn't updated today. The "Daily Reports" are stuck at 9pm from yesterday.

ABW Ambassador
    reporting.net is still showing the site maintenance message from yesterday.

I never knew there was another way to login until now (affiliates.befree.com), but the reports are not updated there either.

Same problems as yesterday, they're taking the reporting.net servers down now.

tracking is fine, this is a problem on the systems that process the data.

sorry.

--
    scott@befree.com

Answered my question? Thanks Scott!

ABW Ambassador
    Any ETA?

IamJaloppy

Posted in the other thread :

This message is on http://affiliates.befree.com: "Systems are currently undergoing emergency maintenance from 12/13 10:30 to 12/13 14:30 EST. We regret any inconvenience."

Reporting will very likely be delayed further after that. I expect that there will be a message in Partner Gateway with an update.

I'll be away this afternoon until tomorrow, so please see the messages on partner gateway for any updates.

--
    scott@befree.com

I had a pretty good November as far as sales go, but things have been very slow for me this month. Where are all those Christmas shoppers everyone is bragging about??

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread