I promote one particular product through Hammacher Schlemmer that sells for $459, it's very relevant to one of my sites and no other merchant sells it.

It gets plenty of clicks but few sales. However out of 2 sales in November and 4 in December, only one of the November ones actually shipped. I thought the December ones were waiting for stock or a batch run or something, but nothing.

That's nearly $250 in commission that hasn't happened. I know that some merchants have a bad reputation for reversing high value items in particular, is this a case of that or have I just been unlucky?

Paul,

If you're at all concerned about anything, you should contact the merchant directly, but I can assure you that there are no shenanigans.

While it's possible that the items just haven't shipped, it's also possible that the consumer cancelled the orders. It's not very apparent in the high level reports that you get in Partner Gateway, but if you run the transaction detail report just for that merchant, you can look for (C)ancelation and (R)eturn records.

Also check out the detailed reports in the Hammacher Schlemmer area. The Sales (Daily) report is good for that.

--scott

--
    scott@befree.com
    AOL/Yahoo: sjangro

Thanks for the reply Scott. I'll contact them directly, just seems a very high cancel rate when all the others on that page from Back Country Store have virtually no reversals.

Update - 1 shipped today!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread