If you received a MicroWarehouse check note that their checks are bouncing. In addition to losing the money of the check I was also charged a $15 bouncing fee.

Note to BeFree: Why is MicroWarehouse still active at BeFree when their checks are bouncing and after they have filed for bankruptcy!

This should be a wake up call to BeFree to ask merchants to deposit money in an account before affiliates generate sales.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Old news as CDW bought all Microwarehouse assets for a song the day before they filed bankrupsy. They didn't absorb the affiliate debts but sure would appreciate your patience in keeping that affiliate traffic flowing. Tracking will not be affected as they promise to not turn off that shopping cart switch till the electric company pulls the plug. So sorry for those bounced checks as they had planned to pay off in Flooz Bucks and coupons.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Holy cow!

I had one in August that seems to have made it through.

But reporting.net should address this asap. I didn't know they were bankrupt.

befree seemed to have its act together lately, but this is a major breach of trust if this is true.

Be Free really needs to pull the plug on these guys, or pick up the tab for them! Has anyone contacted BeFree to inquire why they're still active, and to let them know that checks are bouncing?

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, sorry to hear about that...Glad we weren't in partnership with them!

ABW Ambassador
    I was hoping befree would respond on this. maybe they are gathering infoand will report back Monday.

Well, it's Tuesday and still NO response!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    While they are bouncing affiliate checks they sure had enough money to buy my name from a list and mail me 2 of their catalogs over the weekend.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thank God Andy Rodreguez had enough sense to not jump over to the gutted and bankrupt MicroWarehouse organization. Now he could do wonders with ComputerGeeks if he can find their on/off cart switch.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I've alerted the appropriate people here in case they're unaware that checks are bouncing.

Please understand that I cannot speak specifically in public about any merchant's issues.

Thank you for raising the issue here and to my personal email.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    I believe that was a confirmation, so I will remove links.

I really don't see why befree cannot tell affiliates or tell MW to tell us asap.

This is a stupid way of doing business and maintaining trust that was shattered back in the old days but gradually regained.

I huess befree is going back to the old ways now that its stock is back up.

Jimbo,

I'm glad to hear you say that that trust has been regained. We've never been more dedicated to affiliates than we are now. I hope my constant presense here (as opposed to an occasional cameo appearance) and availability outside of this medium to those of you who avail yourselves of it demonstrates that.

There are unfortunately still some situations like this that we are not able to force action on as much as we'd like. That said, I have just heard that there is a communication planned later this week from the merchant that addresses these issues.

--
    scott@befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thank you for following up Scott. I do appreciate your presense here, and recognize the improvements to reporting.net from the affiliate side of things.

From time to time
    there are a few programs that become inactive,
    but show on reporting.net as active.

Of course, in these cases, the inactive merchants do not bother to send an email to notify their affiliates too.

http://8n.nu

Thanks to all for this "heads up". I'll have to take them off as well.

"Where a conversion is no accident, it's a miracle."

Jim
    JAREC & Associates
    U.S. Sportfishing News

I was told by BeFree that CDW would contact all affiliates and let them know about what's happening with the commissions. I've never received that email. Anyone else?

The BOUNCED check is still sitting on my desk.

ABW Ambassador
    Scott, I'm not affilited with these deadbeats but it sorely reminds me of a Linkshare merchant that was basically out of business for three months and stiffed me for over $1400 in commissions before I found out for myself that they had shut down and were re-directing my traffic to another site where they were collecting commissions for their remaining shell company but not paying anyone.

Linkshare did little more than say "sorry". That's a main reason I quit signing up with new merchants at Linkshare and moved my attention to BeFree merchants. I hold them just as responsible as the merchant because they had their heads buried in the sand over the deadbeat merchant. They can wave their Affiliate Agreement all day that says "we're not responsible if you get stiffed" but it doesn't matter. I still hold them responsible.

One of the most important things a network can do for their affiliates is see to it that the affiliates don't get stiffed with non-payment.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread