Hi everyone, thanks in advance for your help. I am new to this and my partner and I are trying to find the best way to market our product. What do you recommend? BeFree, CJ? We are starting up so CJ seems a little pricey never having tried to sell anything online using affiliates. Thanks much!!

dc

If CJ seems a little pricey, you better sit down before you get a quote from BeFree. CJ's actually pretty reasonable.

Probably the best alternative if you can't afford CJ, BeFree, or Linkshare is ShareASale.com.

Writing your own affiliate system is another option if you have a lot more programming talent and time than you have money. There are a lot of benefits to the networks, though.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    You might also consider staying independent and tracking sales and commissions on your own. Tracking clicks and commissions for a single site is not rocket science. Basically, you drop a cookie when a person enters the site, and tack the cookie onto the sale. You then pay commissions on the sale once a month or so. You do need to be vigilent for fraudulent orders. The hardest part is attracting affiliates. Posting on ABW attracts affiliates.

As for BeFree, you probably would want to look at BeFree's entry level program. I think it is called BFast lite. There is a long history behind this. The lite product uses consolidated payments. For small merchants, BeFast Lite will actually end up attracting more affiliates than BeFast bloated...the premiere product. Affiliates hate waiting for payments.

sound thinking

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread