Did the scheduled maintenance delay reporting this morning? Or is it just me and zero sales?

It looks like it was delayed somewhat. It wasn't updated earlier when I checked it, but it is now.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

My experience with BeFree reporting is they always seem to be 4-6+ hours behind in reporting the current days' stats. Is that just me or is that typical?

Paul K. Gjenvick, Webmaster, Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives

It's usually quite a bit more up to date than that. For instance, right now it's 12:15pm EST and it show as updated through "10am EST" (which actually means the entire 10am hour). My most recent sale is 10:55:05am.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Michael,

Today I am getting results similar to yours. At 12:17 EST Results indicated on BF
    Traffic data in this report is accurate as of 10:00 AM EST 01/25/2004. Transaction data is accurate as of 10:00 AM EST 01/25/2004.

I am looking at the Daily Report by Merchant and what confuses me is the report you looked at said "through" and mine said "as of". Are you looking at that same report?

Thanks Michael.

Paul Gjenvick, Gjenvick-Gjønvik International Marketplace

IF your sales are poor then check your listing on google

Google as gone mad again ( as bad as Florida onslaught update)

Hundreds of webmasters are pulling their hair out at the moment . Me included

Google is still updating , and I for one hope they do not stick

COS...Is there a particular "google dance" tool that you prefer to use? I did a dance check last night and I really couldn't tell that Google was in the process of reindexing.

No , the traditional dance does not happen hence most tools are not much good

I just look at the google databases

and keep an eye on the webmaster forums

The experts think we are in the 10hr of the update but with google nobody really knows

My keywords were off the scale 4hrs ago but now I really hope they stick , as a massive inprovement on some very good traffic keywords

Fingers crossed , but kowing my luck it will all go to ****

quote:
    Originally posted by Gjenvick-Gjønvik:
    Today I am getting results similar to yours. At 12:17 EST Results indicated on BF
    Traffic data in this report is accurate as of 10:00 AM EST 01/25/2004. Transaction data is accurate as of 10:00 AM EST 01/25/2004.

I am looking at the Daily Report by Merchant and what confuses me is the report you looked at said "through" and mine said "as of". Are you looking at that same report?

Yes, that's the report I'm looking at. Keep in mind that the "as of" time of "10:00 AM" actually means that transactions for the entire 10am hour are reported, not just through 10:00am. If you look at your Transaction Report (and you have enough volume to have multiple orders per hour), you should see transactions all throughout the hour.

Also, keep in mind that many of BeFree's merchants still BATCH their transactions rather than reporting them in real-time. Just based on the ones I work with, it's probably somewhere around 80% who batch. For the batch merchants, you'll only get a single update each day. For some merchants, I get a single update per day that's 2-4 days old.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread