First they wank us with jumping ship at CJ and not paying and now this?!? These wankers just got wanked! See you BabyAge!

Dear blah,

I am sending this email to our valued affiliates to let them know if a technical issue that we experienced on the BabyAge site that had a negative impact on affiliate compensation program. Back January 16th, the BabyAge technical team was making some minor adjustments to our site and in the process inactivated the BeFree tracing code on the BabyAge home page. This issue effected tracking from January 16th to March 1st, at which point we identified the issue and resolved the problem. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused our partners and will work diligently to insure this is never an issue again. In an attempt to make good for the amount of commissions lost by our affiliates, I calculated the commissions earned by each of our affiliates effected for the past four months to get an average monthly commission for each partner (your average: $xxx.xx ). We then used that number to credit our partners for half that amount to make good for the balance of January and the full amount for February. We hope you feel this is a fair way to address this issue and we hope you will continue to be a valued partner for the BabyAge affiliate program. If you have any questions or concerns, I hope you will not hesitate to give me a call to discuss.

Jeff Rasp

Director, Marketing

BabyAge.com
    150 Anderson Avenue
    Moonachie, New Jersey
    (800) 222-9243 x202
    Jeff@Babyage.com

ABW Ambassador
    i have not got this email!

but it would account for the lack of sales! lol

not really worth promoting at 4% commission anyway!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    please ..."Back January 16th, the BabyAge technical team was making some minor adjustments to our site and in the process inactivated the BeFree tracing code on the BabyAge home page."...the tracking/parsing code goes on the final checkout page!

Reminds me of working with TigerDirect when they hired Andy. Had sales made for customers from my links and even installed the systems. No credit was given at BeFree for the sales. Opps... for 4 months TigerDirect together with BeFree finally agreed tracking/reporting was screwed. Took them 3 weeks of concerted effort to finally verify sales form the BF generated links.

I question BF staff's ability to even monitor merchants tracking any sales activity for month's at a time for those auto-pilot run programs. Hell we all know Dell small biz (BF)and Dell (LS) cookies can't report sales if both are active at the same time. Thius is the Dell on/off switch. Like setting the house account cookies on TV Ad landing pages and e-mails, your session only cookie gets wacked if your shopper clicks on a Dell popup special alert or jumps from on programs area to the others similar offerings.... Only the coupon pushers interupting the checkout process get Dell sales.

What's up with the Red fire alarms going off for 3 months straight of having no affiliate sales making Jeff and the crew wake up and smell the coffee? What's up with BF not noticing this merchnat didn't sell a baby rattle or show any activity for months on end. OH...I forgot they paid their monthly Ad serving fee and e-mail marketing fees.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Not everyone was affected by this issue as I understand it so Tamalyn your tracking was most likely correct.

ABW Ambassador
    yes survey man, just like my babyuniverse sales last month i suppose!???

it seems they can cut tracking off whenever they feel like it as all merchants sales were way down in march, and that has never happened before!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread