Does anyone else have any experience with Orvis UK? I had 4 sales at the start of the month which all shipped the same day or next day. Since the 9th (todays the 29th) I've had another 9 sales which haven't shipped at all. They also haven't replied to my last 3 emails.

The links available aren't so hot either. I asked them for direct product links last year and they provided some best sellers fairly swiftly, but now about half of them don't work any more and there's no way of fixing them. I think I could sell a lot more Orvis UK stuff if I had the ability to deeplink in some way, but they just don't seem interested, has any one else had any success with them?

I sent the following email to Orvis Uk a couple of days ago and haven't as yet received a reply - no change there then.

<Hi,

I have sent you several emails without a response and am getting concerned with the state of your affiliate programme, i.e. is it still active and will it be developed? My concerns are:

1/ Lack of response to emails - not even an auto responder.
    2/ Inability to make my own deep links, you said last summer that this facility would shortly be available.
    3/ Many deep links in your link builder area are no longer functional and they have not been replaced or updated.
    4/ Items not shipping. Previously orders have shipped within a few days. At the present (31st March) no orders have shipped since the 9th of March whereas all orders up to then shipped. There are currently 10 outstanding on my account.

I like the Orvis UK products, but have as of this evening reduced your prominence on my site considerably and will replace and build pages for xxxxx instead as they convert, ship and report reliably. I would still like to promote Orvis UK, but with the current situation it is not a sensible move to do so.

Regards

Paul Ward>

Any comments? experiences? seems like I'm better off out of it. I was planning to expand considerably with them once I got a deep link facility or data feed too.

Contact Scott

He works wonders

But at the end of the day if they do not care why should you and just drop them

I have had them on my site for 2 months nothing going on so good bye

Starting to think I must be the only affiliate left with Orvis UK. Anyhow here's an update - a couple of weeks ago I emailed and phoned whoever I thought might help, emails were forwarded and I received replies from 3 different people no less. Orvis are pointing the finger at BeFree, BeFree pointing the finger at Orvis.

As far as I can tell, this is "no ones job" so they don't care. Why do I care? Because even though I've shoved them to a backwater page, I now have 23 outstanding sales, a 7% conversion rate and I had one sale for £2277 this month!

Maybe I should disable the links and put AdSense on the page before I delete it/return links in case something positive happens?

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm...Orvis UK also seems to be dropping affiliates, in addition to not communicating. Got a message in BeFree that my account with Orvis UK was "disabled" - although it still is listed as "active" in my merchant list. How charming.

Edit : So much for me ever seeing the 16 british pounds they owe me, I guess. Bummer...was really hoping to someday give the local bank tellers a surprise when I presented them with a check in British Pounds.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread