Hi Everyone

I use BFree to promote Canadian Tire products and I must say that the conversions really really suck.

Over 1800 click throughs without 1 sale.

After repeated tries to contact the affiliate manager I still haven't heard a thing back.

I know the links work (for me at least) cookies are being written.

I think the problem lies with Canadian Tires intro page. The first thing someone sees when they click on a link is a page asking for a postal code. I think this scares off almost everyone. After all who wants to give personl info to read about a product?

However the stats record a click through when people get to this page so there is no way of determining if they are giving their postal code and then proceeding to the product page.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing dismall sales as well with Canadian Tire.

Has anyone been able to get in touch with the affiliate manager?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    They aren't the best convertors, but running a Canadian only web site, they still draw visitors to it for me and they pay us when it's due.
    They also have some leaks from their own aff codes in certain places on their site. I talked to their aff manager about it and his e mail says there will be no change in that part for them.

The address they list on BF never got me a reply. Try <massimo.cerilli@cantire.com> to reach them
    Every now and then a sale comes through here.
    I don't do any PPC with them or much more than a page or two because of the conversion and leakage. Page gets traffic and a few sales so I just pretty much leave it alone.

You may want to leave a page or two up if it gets traffic, and let it run on it's own.
    There are probably other programs that will give a better ROI though.

Hi walleye warrior

I have one page that is just 1 product and unfortunatly that product is only available at Canadian Tire.

It is a very high traffic page(for me) and gets good click throughs.

The first week the page was up it generated 2 sales one after the other but since then (7 weeks) there have been no sales dispite having about 1800 people click through.

If I could find this product at another retailer I would switch.

Oh well.

Do you think their postal code page is partly to blame for their terrible performance?
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

Hi there,

This is my first post, I've been looking for posts like this and finally found it. My name is Leila, Im the new affiliate manager of Canadian Tire. I assure you that if you do contact me, I will be able to take care of any issues that you may have. We changed our affiliate channel this time last year from cj.com to Linkshare.com. My main job is to make sure that you do well. My email address is leila.bahrevar@cantire.com or affiliates@cantire.com, don't hesitate to contact me about the program, I will be glad to help!!

Best regards
    Leila B

Welcome welcome welcome

Glad to see you here!!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

I started getting rather testy/pushy emails from Canadian Tire during the past several months. Too bad they don't understand that not all sites are getting good natural search results right now?

Even when one of my Canada-centric pages (in a directory) was reasonably busy CT never converted for me. I understand there are a lot of those stores existing so maybe we're just providing branding. And the postal code questionnaire may also be a turn-off to our visitors.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophist
    I use BFree to promote Canadian Tire products and I must say that the conversions really really suck.

I think the problem lies with Canadian Tires intro page. The first thing someone sees when they click on a link is a page asking for a postal code.
    When your customer get's to the "add to cart" button they see in the box on the left a "check store inventory" button.

With the postal code info already supplied, Canadian Tire will show you a list of stores within a few miles of where you live that have the item in stock, at the same price.

But if they do in fact go to check out they will see a $25.99 freight charge on a $300 TV.

Hmmm gas is expensive these days....but it won't cost me $25 to drive 15 minutes...What should I do?

Oh and while there at the store not paying your commision on the TV you sold them they will buy a few other items for another $40 - also commission free

Conversion is actually great, just not for you.

Thats why Im providing you guys with promo codes for free shipping or some sort of incentive so that your client buys from you.

I ONLY sent testy/pushy emails to my inactive affiliates so they would start to show their interest, Canadian Tire Affiliate Program is not the first affiliate program doing this. We simply have to do this to find out who is in and who is out....

I sent out this promo to our affiliates sometime last week:

earn up to 8% commissions from September 1st until October 1st. Participation is easy. Just reach the sales goals for each tier to earn extra commissions:

- $500+ earn an extra 1%
    - $1000+ earn an extra 2%
    - $2000+ earn an extra 3%

Its very simple to achieve this target specially if you DO USE the free gift with purchase or free delivery promo code...

I see affiliate numbers rising when the promo code is used, when the our banners are on top etc.. you cant expect to have a tiny link with no promo code or text and have many sales... it has to be in seen, easy to find...

Leila B

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    I started getting rather testy/pushy emails from Canadian Tire during the past several months.
    I can say that I did not receive any pushy email from Canadian Tire, I do see however an affiliate manager who wants to help us get some sales. I to have never made much from Canadian Tire but will with an new affiliate manager who is willing to work with us I am at least willing to give them another try.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread