Dear Jason:
    Thank you for joining the RadioShack affiliate program. According to our records, (Your site) generated no impressions or click throughs for the past month.We are excited to have you as part of our network and we'd like to encourage you to add a RadioShack link to your site today! The RadioShack program is growing and we can only keep affiliates in the program that are actively participating. If you do not add RadioShack links to your site by the end of the month, we will disable your account. Please feel free to contact us at RadioShack.Affiliate@carat.com if you would like to ask for more time to put up your links.

1. I get a bounched email, how can I contact them.

2. I signed with them less then a month ago (less then 3 weeks ago I think) and there already threatening me= saying there going to disable my account with them.

3. They spam me with there BS almost every stinking day, Are they Desperate or something?

4. This is more then one time they sent me this notice.

5. Well looks like I can say is I have no desire sending them my traffic after this.

6. And Befree/Valueclick let them know that sending a notice like this almost all the time is unacceptable.

ABW Ambassador
    These same jokers sent me this same form letter for one of their other programs.

Funny thing is, they sent me a CHECk recently too, and another one will soon be due.

And on top of that, I get more sales of THIER OWN BRAND thorugh OTHER MERCHANTS than I do through them!

I am SOOOOO tempted to reply to their email with a simple "Quit bugging me".

Jason,

I think we all get those messages from time to time through most of the networks if a merchant doesn't see any impressions or click-thru's. The problem, at least in my case, is that I'll be working on an idea and could use a new product/merchant at the time. I'll apply only to get "we'll get back to you...blah, blah, blah" and I go on without it/them. When they finally do get off their @ss and approve me, I'm onto something else and it takes awhile to get back to the original project. Meanwhile, those that give instant approvals are enjoying the exposure and sales.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wake up Jason. Pushing traffic to any merchant with thousands of stores, who's program is run by some Ad wank 3rd party AM firm, is a dead end effort. Thinking cap on. Would you push Payless Shoes or Zappos.com and Shoes.com?
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

quote:
    some Ad wank 3rd party AM firm

Sheez Jason, did you get Charlie's feathers all ruffled up or what? Mike, just say what you feel...don't hold back.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I had a situation couldnt get through the BF merchant mail info which always went unanswered
    I eventually got scott in here to look into it
    I now have the AM's personal e mail addy to use after going this route
    Sometimes the BF addess to the merchant isn't best means to reach them

I wanted to put Radical Shakk on my sites a long time ago but saw the possibility of being micromanaged by them. They wanted the best positioning and no competition on the page.

Too bad.

I like radio shack I get a check regularly from them. Never got an email from them except their weekly news letter.

ABW Ambassador

Everyone I have ever met from Radio Shack has been, as we used to say in the U.S. Army Air Defense Command, a worthless "dud".

I imagine it is like that at the upper corporate levels, too.

I am sure, statistically, there are exceptions but they probably get out of Radio Shack as soon as possible.

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

I haven't used their affiliate program but from what I've experienced when going into their stores I'm not interested. Nothing like a salesman following you around like a pesky fly. Not only that but their prices stink.

The last few times I've gone into a Radio Shack, I've been amazed at how *CLUELESS* their sales associates are! Seems to me Radio Shack used to have pretty good people working for them. In my local stores, that is no longer the case.

I asked one of the stores to order in something for my Brother's birthday a couple of years ago. Another store in a nearby town had the item, and the associate told me he would have it sent to his store for me to purchase. I explained it was a Birthday gift, and I needed it by a certain date, he said that would not be a problem.

Well, needless to say, when I called to inquire if it had arrived, the store manager informed me he processed transfers, and had no knowledge of my item. He didn't even act concerned that a customer had been told something that hadn't been delivered.

Poor customer service has been the downfall of many businesses, I predict Radio Shack will join that list if they don't get their act together quickly.

Andy

quote:
    The problem, at least in my case, is that I'll be working on an idea and could use a new product/merchant at the time. I'll apply only to get "we'll get back to you...blah, blah, blah" and I go on without it/them. When they finally do get off their @ss and approve me, I'm onto something else and it takes awhile to get back to the original project. Meanwhile, those that give instant approvals are enjoying the exposure and sales.

I totally agree. Merchants should try to move quicker on approvals. I now have many on the back burner and some I've totally forgotten about.

John

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread