Lex

Why do you not get together with your main guys and take a little time to look into the not too distant future?

You must be well aware that Haiko and the guys here at AbestWeb have set the ball rolling on what must become one of the biggest shake ups in Internet marketing since it became popular.

Would you not like to be associated with this? Just think for a moment what it would do for your company if you were to go public and let the Internet community know your views on scumware tactics. I feel pretty sure that you are the type of guy who abhores this type of activity, yet you cannot in the present climate air your true feelings. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

The affiates of other not so well run companies like yours (ie.Linksnare, BeFree etc.) will come flocking to CJ in droves once AbestWebs campaign gets started and word gets around, thus fetching with them countless merchants who wish to run a legal and morally good affiliate program.

By coming out and putting your companies good name behind this campaign I am certain will put your company well into the forefront of the internet marketing world, and in the not too distant future you will become THE world leader in affiliate marketing.

regards
    Gordon Skevy

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]

Lex,

I also share Gordons views on this matter. Take a stand Lex. Be a Leader on this matter!

Signed,
    Patrick DeCoursey
    PackysFreeGames.com

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Packy ]

ABW Ambassador
    Lex,
    I agree here as well. It would do wonders for CJ if they set the standard on this issue. Just in the puplishers eyes, the opinions on CJ would change dramatically.

Tom Pyles

Lex,

quote:
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
    ~ Reinhold Niebuhr

Respectfully,

Haiko

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Haiko ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Lex aught to place his companies official position on scumware and other parasite/preditor diversion tactics by merchants and affiliates alike on their CJ frontpage. Heaven knows he needs to clean house some more on some of his "not ready for prime time" merchants. The new merchant lists sure turn me off as many seem to be just affiliates posing as merchants or those who seek to bait in visitors for their spamm lists. Does CJ actually have a site review committee??

He has to relish the fact that CJ has been the only network to followup on their promises to affiliates on the CashPlie Forums early last year. Scumware vendors love the Commission Junction EPC stats so they can at least target converting merchants with their sales spiels. Most on the Whenu.com list couldn't convert regardless of stealing tons of traffic....EPC ZERO for the year...on many of the BeFree -CJ -LS merchants.

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

ABW Ambassador
    Do you really think your advertisers want to be on the scumware list? Then why did you give the green light to whenu?

Do you think you are going to attract the big name advertisers like LS and befree do by allowing scum like whenu run amok throughout CJ?

Todd seemed to think CJ should sit back and let the affiliates and advertisers battle it out over scumware. But a company with great vision and leadership would not put partners them at odds.

All the best merchants, the ones in for the long haul, are horrified at the activities of WhenU.

It also seems to me that your best salespeople, the ones who'll be around long after WhenU are dead and buried, are horrified at having their commissions stolen.

Instead of eradicating this financial cancer you just feed off it and claim innocence.

And if your best response is to say merchants and affiliates can make private deals outside of CJ and theres nothing you can do about it, might I suggest you rethink this policy before we all start agreeing with you?

f

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: francis ]

bump

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread