It's very broken now!!

The primary category now only has "Computers & Software" .....I hope this is just a temporary break. Has anyone spoken with CG about the problem?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    TJ I thought you knew that the Geeks do not honor the intent of this HUGE OUT OF STOCK message.

They have no purchasing system or intent in place to notify referred purchasers that the product are back in stock. Those SKU's will never be back in stock and often the same item with a different SKU is available from their e-catalog. That graphic is designed to e-mail blast the patient purchaser with house account cookie setting offers. I've been over this many times with the owner AM even showing him the same items, which mysteriously never get recommended as a replacement on my referral cookie. I must have filled out 20 of those Notify Me alerts and never once did any e-mail special response identify the sought after item.

I place their product links right next to TD links and sell thousands of dollars worth of often higher priced TD goods with maybe one sale a month from Computer Geeks. damn shame as they buy from the same sources and now even revamped their Geeky site to enhance the ecatalog listings with small pictures. The owner refuses to do test purchases and report back results. Just another computer vendor hoping affiliates will spam the hell out of the SE's with datafeed doorway pages.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Whoopie ...I made the 25.00 minimum finally. Used to get a check from them every month like clockwork.

Date Range(USD) Merchant Name Impressions Click- throughs Items Ordered Ordered Sales Items Shipped Shipped Sales Generated Leads Paid Clicks Returns & Cancellations Base Commissions

09/01/2003- 01/27/2004 ComputerGeeks.com 260,252 clicks=2,010 0 $0.00 55 $925.47 sales=2 0 commission=$27.76

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Action Jackson - King of the World
    They convert well for me. Much better than Tiger ever did

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

I had a fair run with them on the run up to Xmas, but if they don't fix the feed, they will be on the sidelines too!

TJ - can you provide me with some additional information regarding the issues you are experiencing with our data feed? I've spoken to Be Free and they show no problems. So far, no one else is reporting difficulty. Please provide any additional feedback that you can and I'll do whatever I can to assist you with getting a quick resolution.

EcomCity's comments are demagogic, patently untrue, and based on ongoing paranoia that ALL merchants are inherantly crooked and out to screw partners out of traffic, commissions, etc.

There IS a "purchasing system" in place, and we honor the intent of our Restock Alert functionality on a DAILY BASIS. In fact, this happens every evening between 5:00 and 6:00pm. I personally trigger the restock notification emails myself. It's true that not ALL products return to stock, especially those of a refurbished or close-out nature, but signing up for 20 out of ~2,500 active SKUs is not a statistically-relevant sample size. Restock Alert emails are specifically identified as such and are not "specials" or partner-targeted email messages.

Chris Herzog
    VP eCommerce Development,
    ComputerGeeks.com
    http://www.computergeeks.com

quote:
    Originally posted by ComputerGeeks.com:
    TJ - can you provide me with some additional information regarding the issues you are experiencing with our data feed? I've spoken to Be Free and they show no problems. So far, no one else is reporting difficulty. Please provide any additional feedback that you can and I'll do whatever I can to assist you with getting a quick resolution.
    Thanks Chris, everything is actually fine with the feed I didn't realize that I previously created primary category myself and the file to do so was missing from my computer and needed to be pulled from a backup.

I appreciate you taking the time to come into the forum and offer support, more programs could learn from your action!

Ok, this time it REALLY is broken! It's gone from a nicely structured feed to a complete mess

Looks like I REALLY need that new computer hardware feed

Can computergeeks.com provide in their datafeed a "primary category" and "secondary categories" like their web site shows.

For example, for a primary category of "CPUs" there would be secondary categories of:

Socket 775 CPUs
    Socket 478 CPUs (Celeron)
    Socket 8 CPUs (Pentium Pro)
    CPU Fans
    etc.

Their datafeed used to provide this but it hasn't in some time now. It sure would be nice if it did.

Or, maybe someone could give me some pointers on working with the computergeeks.com datafeed.

Thanks in Advance,
    Danny
    www.emaxsys.com

Ahh, it would be great if computer geeks was broken down a bit more (primary category, category, maybe subcategory) All the products are listed in a lump!
    When I sell, I sell good, but geez, I could sell more consistantly if it was broken down more.

It used to have decent categories, but now its just awful... their response:
    quote:
    > > Thanks for your recent e-mail. Yes, this was a change by our programming
    > > group to the feed.
    I wrote back and asked if it was gonna stay this way...
    quote:
    Yes.. The programmer and CJ thought this was the best fix for it.

So let's get a petition together!

Petition them to also remove that huge glow green/orange/red Out of stock e-mail alert that goes edge to edge below their OOS product links. Regardless of what the Geeks AM says they seldom ever use it to notify of replacements as their nerver is any closeout replacements. Even the same item with a new SKU number never gets sent. They use it to scrape e-mails for daily flyer specials with no commissions being paid as these flyers often set house cookies...erasing our cookies.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

quote:
    Originally posted by Ms. Woodtick:
    So let's get a petition together!

I'm all for it!

Cool, so three of us want the categories.... cool!

quote:
    Yes.. The programmer and CJ thought this was the best fix for it.

"Fix for it"? What was broken?

Can I add my name twice to the petition?

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread