Sometime recently, (maybe in the last upgrade?) changes were made to the steps you go thru to sign up with a merchant. I have to say, I am not impressed with this new procedure.

Before, you found the merchant you wanted, clicked "Select", clicked "done selecting", checked the box saying you agree to the terms and that was it. You sit back and wait for the merchant to show up on your BeFree pages.

Now, you do all the above PLUS type in graphic characters that shows up - and they are cAsEsEnSiTiVe - PLUS you get an email where you have to click on a link, takes you back to BeFree where you have to paste an Email Confirmation Key.

Geez, talking about having to jump thru hoops just to sign up on a merchant's program. And this is for existing BeFree affiliates. I'd hate to think what a newbie affiliate would have to do just to see what merchants they have to offer.

should have just merged into the CJ format, including consolidated payments and all. and let the soreheads that didn't like it go.

I've had tiny sales over several years there, none of which ever came up to the minimum for a check.

I've had tiny sales over several years there, none of which ever came up to the minimum for a check.

Hmm that's Wierd, I get checks from Befree continuesly though the month. you just have to pick the good merchants.

quote:
    Now, you do all the above PLUS type in graphic characters that shows up - and they are cAsEsEnSiTiVe - PLUS you get an email where you have to click on a link, takes you back to BeFree where you have to paste an Email Confirmation Key.

The hoops are necessary, unfortunately. Look at the bright side, you don't have to type in the graphic every time you log in.

The graphic will continue to be a be part of every application you submit. The email confirmation will happen only once, unless you change your email.

--scott

I applied to a new merchant today, got the email confirmation thingy - clicked where it said, copy and pasted the info it said to and it tells me its a bad confirmation number, I tried this multiple times and just said the hell with it.

It will be the merchants & befree's loss, not mine - I'll find someone else to work with.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

It's Valueclicks way of making things difficult for us affiliats and probably lower sign-ups in an attempt to move everyone and everything to CJ

quote:
    Originally posted by Heidi:
    I applied to a new merchant today, got the email confirmation thingy - clicked where it said, copy and pasted the info it said to and it tells me its a bad confirmation number, I tried this multiple times and just said the hell with it.

It will be the merchants & befree's loss, not mine - I'll find someone else to work with.

Same here! New system is as buggy FL swamp in August. Sent an email to tech support and got the usual canned answer.

I mean why would you need a confirmation code that long? Why not put it in an url? THIS IS THE WORST PIECE OF CODE I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.
    Reha Kocatas - MagazineAgent.com
    Programs available on Commission Junction and ShareASale.com
    Highest Commissions on Magazine Subscriptions Visit the Magazine-Agent Affiliate Forum

I'll pass your concerns/feedback over to product development. We made these changes to reduce the number of "automated" sign ups. It was causing increased overhead for some advertisers when reviewing applications due to higher volumes.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Confirmation Key Again!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    I'll pass your concerns/feedback over to product development. We made these changes to reduce the number of "automated" sign ups. It was causing increased overhead for some advertisers when reviewing applications due to higher volumes.
    I applied to a new merchant with BeFree and a got a confirmation key that consists of two lines, each containing a string of charchters. I pasted the "key" in the URL as instruced, but kept getting an error message. Any Ideas as to what I should do?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread